Author Topic: Proper etiquette regarding boyfriend sleeping over at female friends place  (Read 51967 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Proper etiquette regarding boyfriend sleeping over at female friends place
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2012, 04:53:24 PM »
I, on the other hand, have been friends with mutual friend only a few years longer than I've been friends with Mental Boyfriend, and Mental Boyfriend considers mutual friend one of his best friends.  I had a friends with benefits phase with mutual friend for a few weeks before I started dating Mental Boyfriend.  We are all still really good friends and none of this has ever come between any of us, not once.  I, personally and honestly, do not think them having dated in the past is important at all, and only biases people towards Friend when it isn't necessary.

But here you are all friends, and presumably you are not ditching your BF to go sleep over at mutual friend's house.  It's apples to oranges.

Where does it say that the OP's BF is ditching her?  (Seriously, I may have missed it; I just did a brief look through the entire post and still missed it, but I admit I didn't skim very well).  I think it's wrong for the BF to ditch the OP regardless of for whom; for an ex makes no difference to me.

Well, he didn't end up going, but the original plan was for him to go have a special date/sleepover with what is apparently his former GF. He didn't go, but is now telling the OP that the friend who wanted the sleepover is mad at her, the OP, for not letting him go have happy snuggle fun time.

Really, Mental Magpie, your situation with Mental Boyfriend and your Mental Mutual Friends is pretty different than snugglegirl's.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.  I don't mean that our situations are similar, I was explaining that I don't find it a big deal that they dated and also was backing up my earlier opinion how/why I don't find this situation weird and I can kind of understand why the other girl is upset.  If I had long term friend and suddenly his new girlfriend was changing the dynamics, I'd be upset.  I probably wouldn't tell anyone about it, but I would be a bit miffed.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.