Author Topic: Bacon, Vegetarians, and Deleted Comment, Oh My!  (Read 5802 times)

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Bacon, Vegetarians, and Deleted Comment, Oh My!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 06:07:53 PM »
You were fine. If Erin is familiar with FB then she knows Sue posted on your wall and that you are the only one who could have deleted her comment. I wonder if she was being passive-aggressive and playing dumb by calling Sue out. I probably would have said "Maybe you didn't realize, but Sue posted the pic on my wall, not hers. I deleted your comment." and left it at that. Since enough time has passed that they've both dropped it I wouldn't bring it up.

greencat

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 03:59:58 AM »
Why do you have someone you're not really friends with on your friends list?  It's kind of like willingly going back to junior high where you had everyone in your business regardless of what you thought of them. 

weeblewobble

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 04:28:44 PM »
I would have probably deleted it too.  Or responded with something like, "Meat is murder.  Yummy, yummy murder."

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 04:38:01 PM »
Why do you have someone you're not really friends with on your friends list?  It's kind of like willingly going back to junior high where you had everyone in your business regardless of what you thought of them.

On my FB page I constantly see updates where Friend A has posted to Non-Friend B. It doesn't involve me at all, and I don't even know person B, but they are friends with A. I've had to delete several comments I've made because I realize after the fact that my friend actually posted to someone else or they commented on someone else's post and it showed up on my page as well, confusing me into thinking they'd posted to me. It's really frustrating and annoying!!

I played around with the settings and as far as I can tell you're stuck with that unless you want to make it so that you *only* see what people post directly to you (or in their own statuses, of course) and your friends can *only* see what you post directly to them. That means we'd miss out on a lot of funny conversations that get going between several mutual friends.  :-\

I just installed Social Fixer (the updated version of Better Facebook) and used it to attempt to filter out some of that extra junk, so we'll see how that does.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 04:40:20 PM by JenJay »

audrey1962

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »

"Friend" is a FB term. It is not a real-life indicator of someone's status in your life. There is no rule that FB friends must be actual real-life friends. Some people enjoy using FB for casual conversations and meeting new people. That is their choice.

Iris

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 01:06:50 AM »
I would have probably deleted it too.  Or responded with something like, "Meat is murder.  Yummy, yummy murder."

Now I have Homer Simpson's voice in my head saying "Mmmmmmmm, Muuuuurderrrr. Sweet, sweet, muuurrderrrrrr..."  ;D
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.