Author Topic: MIA friends and Facebook.  (Read 3871 times)

TheaterDiva1

Re: MIA friends and Facebook.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:52:19 PM »
She said that she had friends address and real name and that I should go ahead and give her the number as well.

If she has that info, why can't she go online and look it up herself if she wants it that badly?  And if she still strikes out, then it's unlisted for a reason, and she'll just have to respect her privacy.

amylouky

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »
I think, if someone is close enough that they are entitled to updates on my condition/whereabouts, they already have my contact information.
No way should you give the person her number. I'd respond with FoxPaw's wording.

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
Just in case you have any doubts about refusing to disclose the number, consider this: just as your old friend cut you out of her life, maybe she is also doing it to her FB friends.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
Just in case you have any doubts about refusing to disclose the number, consider this: just as your old friend cut you out of her life, maybe she is also doing it to her FB friends.

That's a good point.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »

If she's given you the cut direct, she doesn't want you in her life. Under those circumstances, you can neither phone her yourself, or give out her contact information.

I absolutely agree.

"Sorry, I can't help you.  I haven't been in contact with her in years."  That's all you need to say.

If she should continue to harass you to give her the number, just tell her you've already told her that you haven't been in contact with Missing for a long time, so please don't ask again.

I also agree with Fox Paws.  If this person persists in trying to get this information from you, time to at least unfriend and possibly block her too.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 11:55:12 AM »
How does this person know you have the phone number?  That doesn't seem like something that would  be common knowledge.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 01:22:45 PM »
Thanks everyone! I changed my fb settings to where only friends may message me. If the person continues to ask me, using other means, I will use FoxPaws's  suggestion.

Pierrotlunaire0, knowing friend, you are probably right.

Shoo, friend and I were friends in real life. I found a fun site and invited friend to join. The group knew that we would often be on the phone with each other while chatting to everyone else. 

diesel_darlin

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
Update: Friend posted in the group today. Hopefully busybody will ask friend for the phone number so she doesn't feel the need to ask others for it.