Author Topic: Funny typo time!  (Read 3018 times)

greencat

Funny typo time!
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:26:02 AM »
I had to pay a visit to the ER yesterday morning - I'm fine, which is why this is not in the "Hug" folder.  When I checked in, I told the front desk person my chief complaint - I got chomped on by a kitty.  I went back to triage, and was greeted with "How did you get bit by a car?"

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Funny typo time!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
This isn't quite a typo but it's not totally off-topic either.

BG:  back in the 1960s, several friends worked at a local radio station and we often hung out there. 

The news feed came by teletype and was constant.  Factoids would fill in when there wasn't heavy news.  When something important came in, the fluff would be stopped in mid-story and there would be a loud clatter as the machine typed out

'KILL-KILL-KILL-KILL'

Then the important story would begin.
End of BG.

We were hanging out in the control room on a slow news day when a big story came in.  Great hilarity burst forth as we looked at the teletype.  It read as follows.

'Rabbit hunting season opens today in Texas...KILL-KILL-KILL-KILL'

That little bit stayed on the control room bulletin board for a few years. 

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:28:10 PM »
Saw this headline in a newspaper for medical records professionals, believe it or not.   I don't remember the exact wording but do remember the typo:

RECORDS INCIDENT AT NAVEL HOSPITAL

greencat

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
Saw this headline in a newspaper for medical records professionals, believe it or not.   I don't remember the exact wording but do remember the typo:

RECORDS INCIDENT AT NAVEL HOSPITAL

They specialize in belly buttons!

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
^^^  and occasionally see round orange citrus fruits as patients too.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »
Are some patients to the ER confused when they arrive?  Do they wonder whether they should use the Innie or Outie door?

greencat

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »
The hospital has great appeel.

turtleIScream

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »
For some reason, I have difficulty when typing words that contain double letters. For instance, school often turns into scholl, or room into romm.

I once typed up a list of names that were to appear in a publication, and submitted it for approval. My editor couldn't stop laughing when she got to:

Bobby Paston (but with my quirky typo on the first name, and another misspelling on the last)

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
Someone recently had tickets for Chicago and The Boobie Brothers for sale on Kijiji, sounds kinda tittilating doesn't it? I should have asked if he could keep me abreast of the situation, lol! And no the seller wasn't from Nippleopolis (a Norbit movie joke) either!

shadowfox79

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 04:53:29 AM »
On one of my writing forums a fellow writer popped in with a particularly embarrassing typo that had cropped up in the first print run of her latest romance.

The line was "He stiffened, then she felt his muscles relax as he shifted on the ground."

Only the F in "shifted" had become a T.

It rather ruined the moment.

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
    • Cards and Crafts by Carol
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 06:24:03 AM »
For some reason, I have difficulty when typing words that contain double letters. For instance, school often turns into scholl, or room into romm.

I once typed up a list of names that were to appear in a publication, and submitted it for approval. My editor couldn't stop laughing when she got to:

Bobby Paston (but with my quirky typo on the first name, and another misspelling on the last)

I get bobby/booby, but what does Paston become???
Ireland
Check out my handmade cards -
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsnCraftsbyCarol

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 07:39:35 AM »

Me, too.

On one of my writing forums a fellow writer popped in with a particularly embarrassing typo that had cropped up in the first print run of her latest romance.

The line was "He stiffened, then she felt his muscles relax as he shifted on the ground."

Only the F in "shifted" had become a T.

It rather ruined the moment.

This made me laugh until I cried. Talk about ruining a moment.

Dr. F.

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »
Many years ago, a faculty member at my former institution (now Emeritus), argued that his manuscript was PERFECT and didn't need proofreading by the journal. So they ran it the way it arrived. Unfortunately, the author was a little too fond of search and replace, and a manuscript about feral pigs on the California Channel Islands ended up being about FETAL pigs.

Mass hilarity ensued. He thereafter allowed people to proof his papers.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 09:49:47 AM »
The local paper is pretty good now but, 30 years ago, it could be fun to read for the typos alone. 

In a memorable 'police blotter' column, it was mentioned that a man was arrested for behaving in a. 'lude' manner.  Well, he may have been on something but I think a different spelling was intended.

magicdomino

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »

My guess:  pasteon (paste on)  or pastie/pasty.  The little tassel things that strippers use.