Author Topic: Bumping old threads instead of making new ones  (Read 6099 times)

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
Re: Bumping old threads instead of making new ones
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »
I imagine the Snake in a Restaurant thread was on the Old Boards and wasn't archived - I remember it well, although it must have been years and years ago.

Quite apart from phobias, reptiles carry salmonella quite easily on their skins.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
I imagine the Snake in a Restaurant thread was on the Old Boards and wasn't archived ...

Okay, that would at least explain why I couldn't find it even using the 'search' thingy!  Thank you too for that additional information.

Solanna Dryden

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure it was from this board, or maybe even the blog. But the story is right - a poster and her friend were eating out, when someone (I don't think it was the friend, I think it was someone else at another table) pulled a large snake out and started showing it around. The thread's unanimous consensus was that that was horribly rude. It was significant because it's rare that an *entire* thread agrees on something, with no dissenting opinions.

There's been a few other topics like that, but I can't remember what they are!
Honey badger don't care. YOLO

Pippen

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 05:08:35 PM »
I am terrified of snakes and would have run screaming from the place. Just thinking about them makes me want to run and hide right now.

So if we see 'snakes in a restaurant' does it mean....

a) an act of unfathomable stupidity/rudeness

or

b) consensus on the topic

Queen of Clubs

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »
So far as I'm aware, it means consensus on the topic.

I did a search for the thread, and the earliest references I found date back to Feb 2007, but I didn't find the actual thread.  If the board moved shortly before then, I think it's likely a thread that originated on the old board.  I was surprised at how many times the phrase was referred to though!