Author Topic: I cannot find the classic Titanic Wedding Dress story any more!  (Read 5660 times)

CharlieBraun

Has it been removed?  I was telling someone about it and we just couldn't find it!

It was so groovy.  It's what brought me to EHell!
"We ate the pies."

lilihob

Re: I cannot find the classic Titanic Wedding Dress story any more!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 06:37:14 PM »
Here it is!
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=1193.0
it's one of my favourites too. :D

Harriet

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »
I think you're thinking of a different one CB -- where someone in the family was a seamstress and promised to make the dress Rose wore in the ball scene -- and failed spectacularly?

Iris

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 07:36:43 PM »
I think you're thinking of a different one CB -- where someone in the family was a seamstress and promised to make the dress Rose wore in the ball scene -- and failed spectacularly?

Yes I did a hunt for that one. I found an old thread on here from a few months ago also discussing that it's missing. That thread contained a link to another site that had the story but that seems to be gone now, too. We got sidetracked discussing the story and never did find out where it went...
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

greencat

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »
The story should have been moved to the Hell's Bells site...

CharlieBraun

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 09:41:46 PM »
I looked on Hells Belles, too....and yes, it's the one where the MOG was a seamstress who got nothing done except for one very spangly dress, and MOB got on her scooter and launched an all-out assault on the stores at the mall to pull together the wardrobe with mere hours to spare.

Maybe I should PM a mod?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:04:41 PM by CharlieBraun »
"We ate the pies."

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
Here it is on a different site. Big Caveat. I have no idea if this site has permission to repost it. If the site does not have permission, then this post should be deleted.

A “Titanic” Wedding Disaster

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

CharlieBraun

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
Here it is on a different site. Big Caveat. I have no idea if this site has permission to repost it. If the site does not have permission, then this post should be deleted.

My gosh  thank you!  I copied and pasted the whole story so I would not lose it if the link goes dead.
"We ate the pies."

Harriet

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
Bride, MOB, FOB, bridesmaid, and 2 aunts descended on the mall like troops storming the beach. In order to really appreciate the moment, you need to know that I am disabled and use a scooter. My voice is weak and I have minimal arm movement. But as we entered the mall, I turned into “The Shopper From Hell.”

I'm laughing all over again. What an incredible mental picture! MOB saves the day!

lmyrs

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
Didn't that whole story turn out to be a hoax? Or maybe not. It is entirely possible that I am thinking of something else entirely. If it did turn out to be untrue though, that may explain where it went. If it turned out to be true, my apologies.

Erich L-ster

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
I think the hoax was one where there was a big elaborate cruise wedding and the letter writer ended up living happily ever after with the groom to be after his would be wife was shown to be a witch and the wedding was called off.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:21 AM »

No, that site did not have permission either from me or the copyright owner to put this on their site.  It was copied entirely, including the exact same formatting I used and has now been removed.

A few months ago, I removed the Titanic Wedding Dress story as requested by the original author due to her concerns about privacy.   After graciously allowing me to publish it for many years, I was grateful for the use and deleted it promptly as a courtesy.