Author Topic: Guest with intent to embarrass?  (Read 14591 times)

TealDragon

Re: Guest with intent to embarrass?
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2012, 04:26:21 AM »
Nothing much to update, unfortunately. I talked to my dad since he actually instigates her stories a lot of the time and he seems to understand that it would hurt me to have that happen and he promised that he will be on his best behavior and not try to dig up weeds. I plan on talking to Anna with sleepykitty's wording when it's closer to the actual wedding date. Other than that I am actually going to try and lighten up. From anyone else's perspective, they are just silly stories about being a kid and doing dumb stuff and if they weren't about me, I'd probably think they were funny too. We won't have an open mic. If she tells the people at her table, ok fine. I'd rather she not but I seriously doubt everyone who hears her will be rushing up to me and mocking me and pointing and laughing and publicly flogging me.

(DF is a wonderful and calm voice of reason aNd I appreciate him ever so much. He promises that no matter what she does, it won't be the end of the world or ruin or day and if she does do something that crazy, well, she's the one who will look bad, not me.)