General Etiquette > Life...in general

Friend standing me up regularly. UPDATE post#58

<< < (13/13)

cicero:
thanks for the update.

I think that I will Cut-And-Save what you wrote -
--- Quote from: Pumpkin Spice on April 28, 2013, 12:45:02 AM ---Do I feel sad about it?  I'd be lying if I said entirely not, but I AM surprised at how very little I think of her now and how much easier it was than I thought it would be to end it.

That's all.

--- End quote ---
This is so true, not just about dying friendships, but other situations where we are afraid to take a step, to leave a job, to confront a spouse/MIL/boss/coworker etc. When you look *back* and see how you've grown from it, and think about how this *issue* was consuming so much energy/time, and now it's "how little i think about her"... wow, that's a huge step and such an important one.

reflection5:
Good for you, Pumpkin Spice.  You're better off without that "friendship".  Best wishes.

pierrotlunaire0:

--- Quote from: cicero on April 28, 2013, 06:22:56 AM ---thanks for the update.

I think that I will Cut-And-Save what you wrote -
--- Quote from: Pumpkin Spice on April 28, 2013, 12:45:02 AM ---Do I feel sad about it?  I'd be lying if I said entirely not, but I AM surprised at how very little I think of her now and how much easier it was than I thought it would be to end it.

That's all.

--- End quote ---
This is so true, not just about dying friendships, but other situations where we are afraid to take a step, to leave a job, to confront a spouse/MIL/boss/coworker etc. When you look *back* and see how you've grown from it, and think about how this *issue* was consuming so much energy/time, and now it's "how little i think about her"... wow, that's a huge step and such an important one.

--- End quote ---

This is such an excellent point.  Sorry about the friendship, Pumpkin Spice, but glad to hear how well you are doing.

Pumpkin Spice:
 ;D Thank you all very much. 

*inviteseller:
She wasn't a friend really.  You were just a shoulder for her to cry on, and she never reciprocated at all, so I would say good riddance too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version