Author Topic: So... food pictures on Facebook are rude now?  (Read 18476 times)

SuperMartianRobotGirl

Re: So... food pictures on Facebook are rude now?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
Wow, Janice wasn't kidding? Then she's off her rocker. Weird.

ClaireC79

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »
I could possibly see posting pictures of food and then refusing to share the recipe or technique used to make it as rude but not that you have to share the actual food

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »

>:D I can't wait to tell my childhood friend who now lives across the country from me that she must now send me a piece of all the delicious looking food she posts.

Is it remotely possible that Janice was kidding?????  I mean REALLY??????

And I have no idea how old any of you are but forgive me = public forums (not to mention Mark Zuckerberg) were not even a glimmer in anyone's when I was in elementary school.  We learned if you BRING FOOD bring enough to share but we also learned not to bug people for things that were not offered to us.

Good point.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Airelenaren

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »
Hmm... is she married? If I were you, I would be tempted to find pictures she posted of her husband and ask her when I could drop by to have my share of him.  >:D

Seriously, though: I think that woman is just being a special snowflake. There are literally millions of pictures of food on the internet. If she wanted to have a bite out of everything people post, she would not live to see the dessert.
Plus even if you had actually brought the food somewhere, you wouldn't have to share it. Many people bring lunch to  work or picnic at a park or somewhere without meaning they are now required to feed everyone who happens to pass by.
(I hope my tone doesn't sound too sharp, I'm still kind of unexperienced with polite English.)

Moonie

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 03:43:50 PM »
Send her back a recipe for NUT bread.  (Puts evilmoonie back in her crate.)

weeblewobble

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 03:58:08 PM »
Hmm... is she married? If I were you, I would be tempted to find pictures she posted of her husband and ask her when I could drop by to have my share of him.  >:D

I've met him.  I don't want him.

Amava

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »

I've met him.  I don't want him.

HAHAHAHA  ;D

Edited to add some content to  my post that was too spammy:

I, too, think that she is out of her mind and I have a lot of trouble believing that she was not joking, but I believe it because you say so.

I think jokes like: "Hey, save some for me!" on a food pic on a friend's page are absolutely okay, but actually expecting a share of the food is a bit much!  ???

If her reasoning held any water, I would never have to cook, I could just choose a delicious meal on facebook every day.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:01:46 PM by Amava »

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 04:10:08 PM »
That is just patently ridiculous.

She's a few tamales short of a combo plate and I don't blame you for defriending her.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 04:11:12 PM »
Janice is a whackaloon. 

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »

I think jokes like: "Hey, save some for me!" on a food pic on a friend's page are absolutely okay, but actually expecting a share of the food is a bit much!  ???

If her reasoning held any water, I would never have to cook, I could just choose a delicious meal on facebook every day.

Good thinking! Let me know is it works!

magicdomino

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
So, all the people on the doughnut thread should have sent me a doughnut?  Instead, I had to actually take the elevator downstairs to Dunkin Donut.   >:(

Nah, I don't believe it either.  Facebook pictures are not menus.  Janice is indeed a wackaloon.

Amava

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »

Good thinking! Let me know is it works!

I'm not gonna try, because if I do, people will post about me on E-hell.  :-[  ;D

Queen of Clubs

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 04:26:17 PM »
If she gets offended when she sees food pics on FB, then she should get off FB.

Seriously, everyone posts food pics!

I agree!  A friend of mine does a *lot* of baking and posts pics of the latest dishes she's made.  They look great, but I don't think any of her friends are actually demanding pieces of it.

Janice is totally out of line.  Her next complaint will probably be that you dared to defriend and block her, so how is she supposed to see all your delicious food now?

bah12

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
I would have assumed she was kidding even when she talked to your DH and I would have responded to her as if she was.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »

Seriously, though: I think that woman is just being a special snowflake. There are literally millions of pictures of food on the internet. If she wanted to have a bite out of everything people post, she would not live to see the dessert.
Plus even if you had actually brought the food somewhere, you wouldn't have to share it. Many people bring lunch to  work or picnic at a park or somewhere without meaning they are now required to feed everyone who happens to pass by.
(I hope my tone doesn't sound too sharp, I'm still kind of unexperienced with polite English.)
Exactly.  By Janice's logic, one could never post any pictures of anything anywhere on the 'net.  Your food?  Gimme some.  The quilt/scrapbook/potholder you just made?  Gimme that.  Your new baby?  I'll be adopting him, thank you, but you can still be responsible for changing his diaper.  And things that can't be shared, like your cruise or  graduation or wedding?  Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, you're being mean to all the people who never had a chance to go on a cruise/go to university/get married. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~