Author Topic: So... food pictures on Facebook are rude now?  (Read 18529 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: So... food pictures on Facebook are rude now?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »

I think jokes like: "Hey, save some for me!" on a food pic on a friend's page are absolutely okay, but actually expecting a share of the food is a bit much!  ???

If her reasoning held any water, I would never have to cook, I could just choose a delicious meal on facebook every day.

Good thinking! Let me know is it works!

I'm not gonna try, because if I do, people will post about me on E-hell.  :-[  ;D

You are a terrible selfish meanie ---- I just always wanted to say those words --- So please ignore me. Thanks, anyway. <3 Luci

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »
That is just patently ridiculous.

She's a few tamales short of a combo plate and I don't blame you for defriending her.

It's rude to post about tamales and combo plates without providing an address so I can swing by and pick mine up!

Can't wait to hear how this plays out when Gimme figures out she's been blocked.

Jaelle

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »
My friend who literally lives across the world from me (we can calcuate what time it is where the other lives by flip-flopping a.m. and p.m.) is always attempting to persuade me to ship him some of my baked goods after I post pics on Facebook. Sometimes he tried to calcuate shipping.

He's joking. :D

I honestly was expecting she was kidding and just coming off terribly wrong. Wow. 
“She was already learning that if you ignore the rules people will, half the time, quietly rewrite them so that they don't apply to you.”
― Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »
She is nuts!   I would have assumed she was joking too.   I'm so glad to hear you defriended her, that kind of behaviour is just strange.   Definitely somebody who should be kept at arm's length.

I love it when friends of mine experiment and post yummy photos on Facebook, it's so nice to see delicious pictures!
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Mr Wigglybones

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012, 04:35:31 AM »
Obviously this person is being ridiculous and their opinion should not even be considered.

mharbourgirl

• I am what I am, not what everyone wishes me to be
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 07:06:35 AM »
Phew.  She's nuttier than grandma's carrot cake, isn't she?  My darling SIL got into cake decorating a few years ago, much to the chagrin of Baby Brother's waistline (but at least his mouth is happy!).  She posts pictures of the best ones on her Flickr site and I get to go 'Ooooh, that's a good one!'.  Sometimes I pretend to beg her to send me her latest, and we laugh, because it's definitely a joke - I don't know of ANY cake that could survive a 4500km trip no matter how thick the fondant is.  Also a joke because I hate fondant and she knows it.

I'll have to tell her she's being very rude, I'm sure she'll be crushed.  ;D

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »
It makes me wonder if she's seen other people joke about "send me some!" and thought they were serious, so that made her believe that kind of behavior was normal?

Otherwise, I got nothin'.
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »
If she gets offended when she sees food pics on FB, then she should get off FB.

Seriously, everyone posts food pics!

This is what boggles my mind.  I see tons of food pictures on my newsfeed, I can't believe she got so offended and then have the further audacity to offer a revised recipe and demand you make it.  This is a person your dh needs to avoid and ignore her.  Omigosh, no one tell her about Pinterest!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
That is just patently ridiculous.

She's a few tamales short of a combo plate and I don't blame you for defriending her.

Hehehe - love the expression, and I agree.

I have friends who post food pics all the time, and if they're close enough, I'll joke about "hey, let me know when you want to bring MINE over" but they know I'm not serious.  or I'll comment how yummy something looks, but I'd never in a million years demand and expect something someone made and posted on FB! 

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »
A friend of mine does a *lot* of baking and posts pics

I read this as "banking" and was thinking, "FREE MONEY!!!!!"

weeblewobble

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »
Phew.  She's nuttier than grandma's carrot cake, isn't she?  My darling SIL got into cake decorating a few years ago, much to the chagrin of Baby Brother's waistline (but at least his mouth is happy!).  She posts pictures of the best ones on her Flickr site and I get to go 'Ooooh, that's a good one!'.  Sometimes I pretend to beg her to send me her latest, and we laugh, because it's definitely a joke - I don't know of ANY cake that could survive a 4500km trip no matter how thick the fondant is.  Also a joke because I hate fondant and she knows it.

I'll have to tell her she's being very rude, I'm sure she'll be crushed.  ;D

I stopped decorating cakes a while ago unless it is for our kids' birthdays.  I don't post ANYTHING having to with cake decorating because I used to get flooded with requests for free cakes for birthdays, weddings, etc.  It's expensive and messy and exhausting (and I'm not really that good.)  And I got tired of hearing, "But why noooooooooot?"

Queen of Clubs

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »

LOL!  I wish, but no.  ;D

Acadianna

• Remember -- no matter where you go, there you are.
    • My Dragons
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
Based on Janice's new rule, I've decided to go to the Martha Stewart website and demand one of each.

Anyone else want dibs on Rachel Ray or Paula Dean?

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 05:43:33 PM »

Janice would probably end up being "the baby" though.

On topic: Seriously, Janice sounds really crazy.  You aren't rude at all to post food pictures to Facebook.

weeblewobble

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »
Hmmm... Tom Hardy has a web site, right?....