Author Topic: So... food pictures on Facebook are rude now?  (Read 17552 times)

Bluenomi

Re: So... food pictures on Facebook are rude now?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »
Nobody tell Janice about Pintrest otherwise she's going to be annoying a heck of a lot of people!

ettiquit

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »
It is rude of the OP to not post pics of the stuff she's made for us to drool over.  ;D

Based on Janice's new rule, I've decided to go to the Martha Stewart website and demand one of each.

Anyone else want dibs on Rachel Ray or Paula Dean?

I'll take Paula Dean!  I want some butter wrapped in butter deep-fried (in butter) and drizzled with butter!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:34 PM »
It is rude of the OP to not post pics of the stuff she's made for us to drool over.  ;D

Based on Janice's new rule, I've decided to go to the Martha Stewart website and demand one of each.

I'll take Paula Dean!  I want some butter wrapped in butter deep-fried (in butter) and drizzled with butter!

You forgot the bacon...you must always have bacon :D

ettiquit

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »

You forgot the bacon...you must always have bacon :D

Well duh...the butter concoction is served in a bun made of bacon!

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 12:47:24 PM »
[snip]

DH went to the volunteer office to drop something off and the secretary says, "Oh, wait, Janice left this recipe for you."  Janice had left a recipe for a variation of a dish I'd posted on Facebook with a note implying that I should make up a batch and send it with DH to next Friday's group meeting. 

[snip]

I'm sorry, I have no advice.  My brain done exploded when I got to that part.  Why can't she make her own darn recipe?  Does she think you run a catering service?  Oh, that gives me an idea.  Send her an estimate for your services.   >:D

Also, she's a tad daffy.  I love seeing food pictures my friends post, it give me ideas.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »
Maybe you should send her to their food fan clubs.  Her head will explode:

Lynnv

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »
I can see it being said jokingly.  If everyone who TOLD me they were coming over the last time I made ribs and posted a photo on FB actually showed up, the floor of my house would have collapsed.  But actually meaning it seriously tells me that she is a few light-years across the "here there be whackos" line.    :o
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

HyenaInPetticoats

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2012, 06:43:41 AM »

Well a few people have told my baby cousin is so cute, they want to gobble him up. perhaps I should tell my uncle to be wary about posting any pictures of him on facebook!

lollylegs

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »
Because I love a challenge, I've been sitting here trying to think of situations in which it would be rude to post food pics. I came up with two:

1) If your picture includes a note saying, "Mine is way better than *insert name of Facebook friend - extra points for tagging*."

2) If you posted something that one of your Facebook friends is allergic to with a note saying, "Yummy, I feel sorry for anyone who can't eat this!"

But the comments are rude not the photos, and I really had to stretch to come up with them.

ettiquit

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »
Because I love a challenge, I've been sitting here trying to think of situations in which it would be rude to post food pics. I came up with two:

1) If your picture includes a note saying, "Mine is way better than *insert name of Facebook friend - extra points for tagging*."

2) If you posted something that one of your Facebook friends is allergic to with a note saying, "Yummy, I feel sorry for anyone who can't eat this!"

But the comments are rude not the photos, and I really had to stretch to come up with them.

What if you made a cake that's decorated to say "I hate all FB users"?

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
...What if you made a cake that's decorated to say "I hate all FB users"?

Since it was on facebook, I would think that to be a complete joke.

NotTheNarcissist

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
This is slightly OT but I love this question because it reminds me of a predicament I get myself into sometimes. I take pictures of my food when eating out as soon it arrives & post to a popular restaurant review website along with my review of the restaurant. I have gotten some serious stares in restaurants; one lady made a joke about it.

Cleargleam

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
This is slightly OT but I love this question because it reminds me of a predicament I get myself into sometimes. I take pictures of my food when eating out as soon it arrives & post to a popular restaurant review website along with my review of the restaurant. I have gotten some serious stares in restaurants; one lady made a joke about it.

Some time ago I was at a local restaurant; the gentleman next to me took a photo of his food and said he was posting it on Facebook. Apparently he travels (for business) a lot, and this was his way of staying connected. (I did not ask for details; my information is limited to what I remember of what I overheard as the business traveler spoke with the bartender.) It seemed odd to me, but not a big deal.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 06:04:42 PM »
My family does that on vacation.  The rule is that you are allowed one picture of food that is the best meal for the vacation.  I remember once having to ask the guy at the bar next to me if I could photograph his chicken.  It was the second time I'd had it, but it disappeared into my mouth before I could take a photo. 

lollylegs

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »

What if you made a cake that's decorated to say "I hate all FB users"?

Ooooh, or a 'naughty' cake.