Author Topic: So... food pictures on Facebook are rude now?  (Read 18663 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: So... food pictures on Facebook are rude now?
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
Based on Janice's new rule, I've decided to go to the Martha Stewart website and demand one of each.

Anyone else want dibs on Rachel Ray or Paula Dean?

I got dibs on Alton Brown and Anthony Bourdain.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2012, 04:31:05 AM »
I had to post because I just got back from the store - where I bought ingredients to try a recipe I Googled after being intrigued by the photo a friend posted on FB ('haystack' cookies if you're curious). ;D

Maybe Janice was confused because FB/FB users (and the rest of the internet) employ the word "share" - she took it too literally? Obviously proximity (to you/DH) is also a factor - she assumes more access than your FB friends who live farther away...hmmmmmm...
Nope I'm still going to cast my vote for "nutty". ;)

I thought it was fairly obvious that FB posts, esp. photos, are more personal updates (i.e. "Look at what's happening in my life / how I'm thinking/feeling"), and not personal invitations unless specifically stated (i.e. "I'm at a bar downtown - who's coming to party with me?" - and even that might be a joke).

I think the only thing about posting food pics that can be disappointing (not expressly rude) is when there is no recipe or other source - seeing something yummy and expecting someone to make it for/give it to you is unrealistic, but seeing something yummy and not being able to find a way to make/get it for yourself is a real bummer. :'( Point of Interest: I was on a thread here last night that was talking about recipes and I noticed that any time someone mentioned a recipe they were, uh, "encouraged" to post said recipe. Because, really, bragging about heavenly brownies without telling us how to make them is just sadistic. :P
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
I get that.  No recipe for this one, but I think we can figure it out:

wx4caster

• Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    • wx4caster's Crafty Albums
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
I get that.  No recipe for this one, but I think we can figure it out:

Awe.  Those are so cute! Mini chocolate cupcakes (paperless), upside-down strawberries and lots of piped (star point?) green icing.  Decorate with extras doodads.
The days are long but the years are short.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »
Icing looks like a buttercream.

But yeah, Janice is strange.