General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Dirty Laundry

(1/11) > >>

Arianoor:
So, I've been out of touch with the flu for the last week and I came back to the world today to find that the worst thing ever has occurred!  *Heavy, heavy, heavy sarcasm*  Kristen Stewart has cheated on Robert Pattinson and they have broken up!   :'(

Now, here's the rude part, IMO, she releases this statement about how her "momentary indiscretion (that apparently lasted months)" has harmed her favorite person and how she loves him, loves him, loves him . . . blah blah blah.  Now, I know that it is de rigueur for celebrities to do this sort of thing for damage control, but did she really need to go into that kind of detail?  Wouldn't something like, "I have made a terrible mistake, which I regret bitterly," *full stop* have been a more polite option?  Telling someone that you are sorry you cheated on them and love them, love them, love them, doesn't seem like something you should splash across US Weekly.

Airing dirty laundry is rude, right?

ETA: Changed the title.  No mod response, but multiple people disagreed with it, so I stand corrected.   :D 

Venus193:
Rude, but sadly fashionable.

Judah:

--- Quote from: BBelle on July 30, 2012, 05:44:55 PM ---Airing dirty laundry is rude, right?

--- End quote ---

Since when has that stopped anyone?  The thing is that regular, ordinary people do this everyday; it's just that they're not famous, so it's not splashed all over the tabloids. 

thedudeabides:
It's cool to call someone a tramp here?

Arianoor:

--- Quote from: thedudeabides on July 30, 2012, 06:07:59 PM ---It's cool to call someone a tramp here?

--- End quote ---

I was actually quoting an article.  Sorry, should have made that clear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version