Author Topic: I can't believe we still have this goofy thing . . .  (Read 2249 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: I can't believe we still have this goofy thing . . .
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 01:26:54 AM »
Our daughter graduated from high school in 1987. A group of her friends were at our home at that time and made predictions about their future lives and gave me the list to keep, planning on getting together in 1997. (I am the ultimate home file keeper.)

I filed the paper, keep it, look at it every 5 years when I purge my file cabinet then remind daughter. No one seems to care, but I feel obligated to keep the darn thing.

When we first bought our vacation home 40 years ago and were decorating for Christmas, I got the kids' craft supplies and a paper plate and constructed a very passable angle tree top - we were all amazed. It sat on the top of little camper tree for 20 years, long after we had small 'real' ornaments and could have afforded much better. It finally got wet and kind of disolved a couple of years ago. We all mourn it.

greencat

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 07:23:41 AM »
I have the life-size human skull replica (it's not a very good replica - it's solid rather than hollow) I had to buy for an art class.  It is, for some reason, usually on the kitchen counter or on top of my refrigerator.  It can't live in a closet because it startles me when I'm looking for things.  It does a good job startling other people in my kitchen instead :)

Editeer

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »
I have casts of my teeth and my husband's teeth--in the dining room. My dentist always made a cast of the teeth for each new patient. The dentist has since retired and his practice has been sold twice (we still go there). Why keep them in the dining room? I don't know--it just amuses us.

jmarvellous

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
Balancing man, though mine, handed down from my parents' first apartment, has a nice wooden base:

We had those tornado bottles of several shapes and sizes and colors made for in-home daycare and my mother's students. Also, ones with lots of glitter and some oil and a few little trinkets in them for a "Where's Waldo?"-type bottle. Not sure if any are still around her house.

A whale tooth.

emwithme

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 01:08:03 PM »
When I was 7, I made a clay "pressing" of a christmas tree (relief, in a circle), painted it and stuck a little calendar on the bottom.  I gave it to my Aunt & Uncle for Christmas.

I am now 35 and every year it gets a new calendar.  The paint faded years ago and now you can only just tell it's meant to be a christmas tree but there it is, on the same nail as 28 years ago.  They decorated their hallway about ten years ago (and again since) and have put it back in exactly the same space.