Author Topic: Some quick FB help please - tiny update, pg 2.  (Read 4922 times)

Shopaholic

Re: Some quick FB help please
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 01:26:22 AM »
I'd go to the business's page and complain.  Just be matter of fact: "Your photos, tagged with my friend's name, are spamming my newsfeed.  Because of this, I will not be using your business and will not be recommending you to any friends or family who need services you provide."
I don't know about blocking, but can you report the business page for spam?  I (along with several friends) sometimes get tagged in random photos of shoes.  The person tagging is NOT on my friends list, so I untag myself, then report spam (in the rare case that is was someone I know, I send them a message telling them what happened and that their account was probably hacked).

I don't think I can do any of this without any social repurcussions. Business owner is a very good friend of FB's friend. I can't do the first suggestion anonymously, and I don't know what happens if I do the second, but it seems kind of mean to  me.

Maybe she'll realise (or realise how aggravating it is) when her comments drop because few people are reading her wall.
Honestly? I don't think either of them cares. They're a close knit group of friends who are obviously very supportive of each other and I don't think they mind what others outside tehir group think.

thedudeabides

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 10:58:18 AM »
Then you're stuck: you can either unsubscribe from her altogether so her stuff doesn't pop up on your wall or you can do nothing.  At this point I'd just unfriend her, personally, since you're not that close, but that doesn't seem to be an option either. 

Harriet

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »
Did you try Squeakers' idea?

Shopaholic

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 11:28:56 PM »
No, I didn't like the idea of giving her business another "like".
I woke up to an onslaught of photos today, and just pressed "report spam" to see if I'm asked for any more details. I wasn't, so I left it at that.
I don't know if I'm the only one reporting, and what TPTB will do with it, but I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing any more of her photos.

squeakers

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:37 AM »
No, I didn't like the idea of giving her business another "like".
I woke up to an onslaught of photos today, and just pressed "report spam" to see if I'm asked for any more details. I wasn't, so I left it at that.
I don't know if I'm the only one reporting, and what TPTB will do with it, but I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing any more of her photos.

You would be removing the "like" immediately after so not like it would count.

Since these are photos on your friend's wall .. the only other thing I can suggest is to set her friend status to not show photos (go to her page, click the Friends tab and scroll down to settings, unclick photos).  Whether that will stop the notifications or not, I don't know.

You can't control what she does on her wall or what she allows to be done on her wall.. but you can control how much of it you are exposed to.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Shopaholic

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »
Tiny update:
I noticed a few weeks ago that when I looked at photos of friend, I could see no more business wares, just friend or her family.
I thought that somehow the business had blocked me because of the "report spam" or something, but I could still see the business' page and my husband could see the same photos of friend.
I assumed she got fed up with it too.

For a few weeks there were no taggings (it's August, I'm guessing business owner was on vacation) and then last week there were two.
Today it seems that friend has untagged herself from these photos as well.

Looks like friend has found a compromise: she lets the business owner tag her, leaves it up for a few days and then removes it. The photos still pop up on my feed, but I can block that and
if I go to friend's page I can see photos of her, and not of business wares!