News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 02, 2016, 04:46:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1111157 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6615 on: June 22, 2016, 07:14:32 AM »
In general, modern humans don't finish their skeletal development until late 20's, so I would guess there are other things maturing as well.

Gentle hugs, Mel! Tell GEB to watch out on mortal mallets from here forward.  >:D
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

GreenHall

« Reply #6616 on: June 22, 2016, 08:38:51 AM »

Ah, yes, the going from AA to D cups after 30...

If my butt hadn't gone to a G "cup", I'd be perfectly happy with finally having cleavage!  ;) >:D

*clears throat* Uh, I went A to E. :P And yes, I really like the difference. >:D

...well too late now to hold out this hope, so I'll just have to continue telling myself that not having to buy or wear bras is a plus.  I had never heard of that, but my mom's ummm, lack of padding, would have likely put paid to that thought even if I had.

Chez Miriam

« Reply #6617 on: June 22, 2016, 09:51:01 AM »
I always thought I was weird for finishing puberty in my 30's. Are you all saying it's normal?

Although I grew an inch in height between the ages of 25 and 30, sadly the "developing" (in my case) was entirely due to increased weight/girth.  I went from bottom end of the normal BMI range to top end [and over, but I'm back to "normal" now (thankfully)]...

That was the moment when I finally believed that most breast tissue is fat (unless one is nursing).  I wanted cleavage, and finally when I got it, I also had belly/bum, and no longer fancied fitted tops.  :(
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #6618 on: June 22, 2016, 11:49:53 AM »
Health can also play a fair role in how early or late one quits growing and developing. Before I got my health straightened out I swore I was done - then I got better and grew two inches, gained about thirty pounds (a good thing) and developed somewhat more of a shape. At 26.

That bruise is very impressive, Mel!
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

ladyknight1

« Reply #6619 on: June 22, 2016, 11:55:30 AM »
Yes, there are many factors in play with growth, such as nutrition, hormones, stress, etc.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

siamesecat2965

« Reply #6620 on: June 23, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »
I just saw this photo of,a tick on a dog's gum...

https://i.imgur.com/p3UoVia.jpg

I can't open from work, but I think I saw the same one. Ewwww.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #6621 on: June 26, 2016, 12:20:09 AM »
I popped a very painful zit on my jawline. It wasn't gross as far as what came out of it, but because of the sound it made. It was SUPER crunchy.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #6622 on: June 26, 2016, 06:40:13 PM »
I don't think I have posted this one before.  A long time ago, I had a huge black head in my nose, right inside, where, if my nose were pierced for a hoop, would be. I couldn't just pop it, it was too painful to touch, well to painful period. I put hot water on a washcloth and held it there for a while, and repeated a couple times to soften it up. I finally got it out, it was thicker than a pencil lead, and a 1/4 inch long.

I have never had it come back, thankfully.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #6623 on: June 26, 2016, 06:54:32 PM »
I had what looked like a pimple in my arm pit.  BF tried to squeeze it for me but had no luck. So I went at it myself.  And found an ingrown hair a good half inch long.  Once I plucked that out?  I was able to squeeze out some gunk and it is healing nicely.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

ladyknight1

« Reply #6624 on: June 27, 2016, 08:09:40 AM »
DH has several permanent black heads on his back. It's a challenge to DS and I and the last time, DS used a piece of hollow rod with rounded edges and got out a 1/3" core that looked exactly like a grain of rice with a black end. Ick and cool all at the same time.
-J.R.R Tolkien

VorFemme

• I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #6625 on: June 27, 2016, 11:28:03 AM »
VorGuy has a couple or more or less permanent black heads on his back...he resists strongly all "touching" that feels like it is going to turn into a "cleanup" because his back seems to be super sensitive to pressure.  He's insisting that it hurts...and it might, but he's had to have a sebaceous cyst removed (and they did a biopsy of it to make sure that it was "only" a cyst) because it was over fifteen years old & pressing on his spine.  He spent a week healing from the surgery and has a scar from the two or three stitches...

That said, I got a "small grain of rice with one black end" out earlier this week and he was insisting that it wasn't a true black head because it was still white...usually the "stuff" has aged & dried in place until it is some shade of light brown...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #6626 on: June 27, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »
DH has several permanent black heads on his back. It's a challenge to DS and I and the last time, DS used a piece of hollow rod with rounded edges and got out a 1/3" core that looked exactly like a grain of rice with a black end. Ick and cool all at the same time.

I find the bulbous end of a larger bobby pin works great for this sort of thing.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

KimberlyM

« Reply #6627 on: June 27, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
I have a pimple behind my ear, right at the crease where my ear and head meet.  It was quite large and popped fairly easily with a q-tip pressed against the side of it.  I sleep on that side and every morning since I've woken to the entire area coated in a crust of dried pus.  No amount of manipulating it seems to be able to clear it completely, but laying on it has it oozing like mad.

ladyknight1

« Reply #6628 on: June 27, 2016, 05:26:31 PM »

I find the bulbous end of a larger bobby pin works great for this sort of thing.

We even bought the blemish tool sold in the hygiene tool section, but this piece of rod works best! It gets the whole core out, without making a big area irritated.
-J.R.R Tolkien