News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 30, 2016, 12:42:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 65510 times)

HoneyBee42

Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #645 on: June 07, 2016, 11:29:49 AM »
From yesterday morning (my scheduled day off work, so I sleep a little later than usual).

Daughter got up before me, and was being a good daughter and filling the crunchies and setting out gushifud.  However, when she closed my door, she didn't realize that there was still one cat inside my room.

Cosette started meowing at me, quite loudly, because she was on the wrong side of the door at gushifud time!   How my daughter missed that (she was surprised when Cosette and I came out, and this is a small house, you leave my room and enter the living room.  Four steps later (human steps, never counted cat steps) is the entry to the kitchen, which is where the gushifud is served), I have no idea.

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #646 on: June 07, 2016, 01:07:15 PM »
Because she is Siamese and insists on singing me the song of her people. At 3 AM. While crawling under the blankets. ::)
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

Shishimai

« Reply #647 on: June 09, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »
Because I was outside and she was inside, and this continues to be a travesty.

The fact that I was spraying water around has no bearing on the discussion.  ;)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #648 on: June 20, 2016, 06:45:40 AM »
Because I'm sniffling and blowing my nose and Lily does not approve of such. She keeps eyeing me with suspicion.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

magicdomino

« Reply #649 on: June 21, 2016, 10:00:01 AM »
"My prey was crafty and swift, but, I, the mighty huntress, caught it."

Very good, Koa.  Those sparkly pom-poms go fast when they are batted.

JoW

« Reply #650 on: June 21, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
I deserved to be yelled at. 
4am today the storm radio in my bedroom went off.  I listened long enough to confirm it wasn't a menace to me, then rolled over to reach it and turn it off.  I rolled right into Dax.  He had been sleeping with his back against the spare pillow and yelled to tell me to not roll on top of him. 

Miss Understood

« Reply #651 on: June 21, 2016, 10:21:48 PM »
Because I'm sniffling and blowing my nose and Lily does not approve of such. She keeps eyeing me with suspicion.

One of our cats protests vociferously whenever a human sneezes - it really bugs her.  I Googled it and apparently it's a thing.

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #652 on: June 21, 2016, 10:57:45 PM »
Because she* has decided to move into my yard, and this deserves pettings, as does the installation of kittens** into my attic.

*I do not voluntarily own this cat.
**She will be spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned.  She was already nursing when she showed up a few weeks ago.  The kittens were previously in a neighbor's yard and not on my property.  Neighbor evidently feeds the cats but doesn't take them to be spayed like I do.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #653 on: June 22, 2016, 03:02:24 AM »
Greencat, thank you so much for looking after all the kitties Cat Central sends to you and doing the responsible thing. :-*

Holly is whining at me because I won't let her sit in front of my computer screen when I'm trying to read EHell, and I won't refill the bikkie bowl until it's a bit more depleted. She knows this, but custom says that she must complain. ::)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #654 on: June 22, 2016, 08:35:32 AM »
I was glared at for daring to go out on the balcony to water the plant, but did not leave the door open like I usually do, since I was leaving and don't want to air condition the balcony.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #655 on: June 22, 2016, 11:56:29 AM »
Because I did not give her the pettins when clambering out of bed to use the bathroom. Then because I did not give her the pettins when clambering back INTO bed. Then because I still did not give her the pettins when I actually got up for the day.

Perhaps she would have had the pettins sooner if she was not yelling in my ear.
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

Reika

« Reply #656 on: June 22, 2016, 01:08:20 PM »
I got the Glare of Death last night because I came home from a doctor's appointment later than expected.