Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 61903 times)

SoCalVal

Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
Cinnamon-flavored Trident gum.  I'm still on the hunt for it and, if I find it, I'll buy a couple of their shelf boxes.  I haven't seen it in years.

They are still available here. Want to trade for peanut butter cups and Thin Mints?

I'm in Northern CA.  Where are you that they don't sell peanut butter cups and Thin Mints?

SoCalVal

« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
In San Diego, there's a small chain of restaurants called "Sammy's Woodfired Pizza."  Years ago, they used to have a dish called "Angel Hair Pancetta."  I LOVED that dish!  I ordered it every time I went there.  The, one day, it was gone...and I was sad.  :(

Soprych

« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »
You can get Fizzies at Amazon.  They were made with saccharine back in the day but now they're made with Splenda.

Fizzies were made with cyclomates.  http://www.fizzies.com/thenandnow.html

onikenbai

« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »
Sugar Free KoolAid.  Gone....completely gone.  I even "talked" with Kraft on Facebook and they confirmed that it is no longer being made due to poor sales.  We always preferred the KoolAid flavors to the flavors from Crystal Light and their ilk.

This a new thing?  I bought it in Metro a few weeks ago.  If it's a new thing, I'm totally stocking up before it's all gone.

onikenbai

« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »
The Body Shop used to have a watermelon sunscreen that was to die for.  It was discontinued in the early 90s and I've been sad ever since.

finecabernet

« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
On a completely different note:

Rubbermaid high-sided litter boxes.  Domino insists on peeing standing up (Yes, he's neutered.)  and this litter box was the perfect height and size.  Most covered and high-sided are two pieces, letting urine get caught in the seam between top and bottom, not that Domino would ever enter that notorious cat trap known as a covered litter box.  Petco has a one-piece box, but it is very large, making washing it awkward.  I have two Rubbermaid boxes, but can't get more (I have four cats.  That's a lot of boxes.) because they are discontinued.

Would these work? http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4217937

I've got them for my gang.

finecabernet

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2012, 10:16:50 PM »
Sara Lee frozen cupcakes (yum!) and Sara Lee frozen chocolate swirl pound cake. Loved 'em (and maybe it's better they are gone!).

Otterpop

« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »
Pink Panther Frosted Flakes.  They came out around the time of the first Pink Panther movie (w/ Peter Sellers).  No one I know remembers they existed, but I do.  They had a distinct "pink" flavor, and turned the milk pink.  That, and Saturday morning cartoons = heaven.

Oh. my. gosh.

I remember those.  I had a bowl of them once.  I used to eat kool-aid by the spoonful, and those were too much for me, LOL.

So now there are 2 of us!  Yes, they were SWEET, a bit of indulgence along with Saturday children's programming.  Now we have entire networks devoted to cartoons 24/7 and sugary cereals are "evil" ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:46:43 PM by Otterpop »

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »
The Mr. Sketch scented markers still exist. I had two students with them last year. I bought them each a pack of crayola and had them take the scented ones home  - after they triggered 3 massive can't see straight headaches.

As for the old types of candy. My cousins found some stuff they were craving at [size=78%]http://www.oldtimecandy.com/[/size]
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

redsfan

« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:23 PM »
I found sugar free kool aid at one store 30 miles away.  I'm buying them out in the morning!

Vall

« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2012, 04:55:15 AM »
Thanks so much for the info about Earth shoes.  I've went to the websites and I'll try the local Walmart stores.  So far I haven't seen them in wide sizes but I still have hope.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2012, 09:14:07 AM »
Sugar Free KoolAid.  Gone....completely gone.  I even "talked" with Kraft on Facebook and they confirmed that it is no longer being made due to poor sales.  We always preferred the KoolAid flavors to the flavors from Crystal Light and their ilk.

This a new thing?  I bought it in Metro a few weeks ago.  If it's a new thing, I'm totally stocking up before it's all gone.

Canadian stores still have plenty. Maybe we are getting the last few (thousand) boxes of it?
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
Excedrin fans, try Anacin. It's just aspirin and caffeine -- what Excedrin was for years before some genius decided it needed acetominophen added. There are no generic/store brand versions, and around here they only sell it in one size (100 tablets, about $13.99), but it's worth it.

I'm another who is really going to miss her old Saturn. Mine is old enough to vote, has almost 240K miles on her and even with the AC running constantly this summer, still gets about 34mpg.
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »
Lime Starbursts.  Does anyone else remember them?  They were in the original "Original" assortment, before they were replaced with, I think, strawberry.

Lime Starburst jelly beans.  I hate green apple flavor.  (Although I like the scent.  Go figure.)

Lime Lifesavers in the Five Flavors roll.  See above.

Gee, I think I see a theme, here. ;)

Totally agree

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2012, 10:21:24 AM »
Cherry Starburst (which are nasty) replaced the good lime ones, I think.