Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 50978 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
Cherry Vanilla Pepsi.  They have Cherry Vanilla Pepsi Next, but... it tastes like Sucralose.  :/

Jolt Cola.  The original stuff, not the energy drink.  "All the sugar and twice the caffeine."

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
Where does the Vermont Country Store get their inventory?  How can they sell stuff that hasn't been made for years and years and years?  Like Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific....  that stuff hasn't been around for a long long time.  Where did VCS get it?

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »
A lot of these brands have been purchased by European companies like Unilever and are made overseas for other markets. 

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2012, 01:58:54 PM »
Another site for long lost goodies  8)

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/

By the way, if you live near a mom and pop or variety store, those are great for obscure candy.   I can walk a half mile from my house to buy a Sky Bar.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »
By the way, I would love to find metal beach pails and shovels. 8)

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
Another site for long lost goodies  8)

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/

By the way, if you live near a mom and pop or variety store, those are great for obscure candy.   I can walk a half mile from my house to buy a Sky Bar.

What really bums me out is that's the only place you can get RC Cola (unless you live outside the US/Canada), and it's $9 for a 12-pack!

Starr

« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »
Traska,

RC Cola is still sold in the U.S.  I think it may be regional.  I'm from Kentucky and we buy RC all the time because it's so cheap - usually under a dollar for a two liter!  :)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »
By the way, I would love to find metal beach pails and shovels. 8)

This may sound odd, but check stores at Easter time. All the summer pails we sell are plastic, but the cute buckets that are sold as Easter buckets/baskets are sometimes metal. I got a metal princess bucket for my niece.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
Traska,

RC Cola is still sold in the U.S.  I think it may be regional.  I'm from Kentucky and we buy RC all the time because it's so cheap - usually under a dollar for a two liter!  :)

Yes, it must be somewhere.  Marco Andretti is sponsored by RC Cola in the Indy Car racing.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »
My grandparents live in the middle of Wisconsin and get RC Cola there. Only reason I know is because it's one of the few sodas they buy, so when we visit we drink RC :)

All you candy people, they're still out there! DD and I stopped at MN's largest candy store last week, it's basically this huge quonset filled with vintage candy. I saw all the kinds mentioned in this thread there. I bought some Zotz and Idaho spuds and whistle candy. Good times.

I miss birthday cake Oreos. They recently had them, but only for a month or two. SO much better than the Oreo Blizzard flavor they have out now. I usually am not a  huge fan of things birthday cake flavored, but I really dug them. Funny thing was that DH, who is our resident birthday cake flavor orderer, didn't like them as much.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2012, 06:12:02 PM »
My grandparents live in the middle of Wisconsin and get RC Cola there. Only reason I know is because it's one of the few sodas they buy, so when we visit we drink RC :)

I miss birthday cake Oreos. They recently had them, but only for a month or two. SO much better than the Oreo Blizzard flavor they have out now. I usually am not a  huge fan of things birthday cake flavored, but I really dug them. Funny thing was that DH, who is our resident birthday cake flavor orderer, didn't like them as much.

I've seen the RC cola at Dollarama here in town, they have the 3/$1.00 canned pop deal, and it's usually RC

I've tried the Birthday Cake Oreos, and it's SO sweet, and to me, artificially tasting, I wouldn't get them again, but to each their own!

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2012, 06:48:16 PM »
Okay, that's bizarre.  I went to RC Cola's site and they said their distribution is entirely overseas.  Hmm.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »
Okay, that's bizarre.  I went to RC Cola's site and they said their distribution is entirely overseas.  Hmm.
I live in Florida and just saw some for sale in Publix...not even an hour ago.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

scansons

« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »
Traska,

We're in Missouri, I can get RC here too. 

MOM21SON

« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »
...I also miss having a roller skating rink here in town, wishing that fad didn't go away, I can't get the hang of roller blading!...

I have one!  Wooo Hoooo!   
I am just waiting until my two-year-old has size 6 feet (smallest size available in roller skates), and then we are going skating!

I have 2 rinks in my area!  Come visit!  And they have skates from walking age up!