Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 57955 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
You can get Fizzies at Amazon.  They were made with saccharine back in the day but now they're made with Splenda.
I think it was cyclamates rather than saccharine, since they disappeared about the same time.  I can't taste saccharine as sweet, instead it's horribly bitter, but Fizzies were definitely sweet.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »
Hershey's Cookies and Mint candy bars.
The Dare Real Fruit citrus flavored gummy candies that were shaped like little fruits, I used to love them, and then they discontinued them, I was so bummed!

We have both of these in Canada!

I'm beginning to get the feeling that the US is just one giant testing lab for the rest of the world. If you guys like it, they discontinue it in the US and send our store about a thousand boxes (seriously - if I never see another fruit gummy again, I'll be thrilled!).

A Radcliffe College diploma.     

Sorry, ShanghaiJill. That's the one thing we don't have. :P
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2012, 09:46:30 PM »
Good service from Amazon.com.  Unless you're a prime customer.  Then (I guess) you get good service.  Regular customers, not so much anymore.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
The Dare Real Fruit citrus flavored gummy candies that were shaped like little fruits, I used to love them, and then they discontinued them, I was so bummed!

I'm beginning to get the feeling that the US is just one giant testing lab for the rest of the world. If you guys like it, they discontinue it in the US and send our store about a thousand boxes (seriously - if I never see another fruit gummy again, I'll be thrilled!).

Where in Canada are you? I am in Windsor Ontario and haven't seen the citrus gummies in ages, I've seen other Real Fruit gummies, but never the citrus ones. I did go to the Dare website and suggest bringing them back, hopefully I'll hear back soon!

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »

Where in Canada are you? I am in Windsor Ontario and haven't seen the citrus gummies in ages, I've seen other Real Fruit gummies, but never the citrus ones. I did go to the Dare website and suggest bringing them back, hopefully I'll hear back soon!

Hmm. I'm in Ontario too, and I could swear we had about a gazillion flavours of those. I'll check again - if I see them, I'll get you the product number so you can bug your local store to order you a box. :)
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

MrsVandy

• Formally futurelillady
Re: Stuff you can't get anymor
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
When I was in highschool and platinum blond Sun silk had a leave in conditioning mouse that also lightend your hair. It was for every day use and I never had roots. They put it on clearance one day and I bought 5 bottles and it never came back.
Raspberry products from the body shop. They only sell the body wash seasonally now but I really miss the whole line. Also Raspberry body spray from Calgon. I love the sent of raspberries and no one seems to carry anything with that scent anymore  :-\ .

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2012, 11:08:21 PM »
Since we are talking about Canada, I still crave the delicious sweet and salty peanut butter bars. I was only there for a week but it was enough to get me hooked.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2012, 02:06:05 AM »
I don't remember the name of the cookies, but they were soft bar/sandwich type cookie, with a thin layer of cooked raisins in the center.

Raisin bars, maybe? Made by either the Nabisco or Sunshine baking company?

Editted to add:
Found something very similar called Garibaldi Biscuits at http://www.vermontcountrystore.com   They got lots of good reviews.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:29:45 AM by AmethystAnne »

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2012, 02:13:50 AM »
I got hooked on Salt and Vinegar Chips spending the summer on PEI. For years they weren't available in Texas. THere is one brand that doesn't use peanut oil. I can only find them in some shell stations around here.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

magicdomino

« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »
On a completely different note:

Rubbermaid high-sided litter boxes.  Domino insists on peeing standing up (Yes, he's neutered.)  and this litter box was the perfect height and size.  Most covered and high-sided are two pieces, letting urine get caught in the seam between top and bottom, not that Domino would ever enter that notorious cat trap known as a covered litter box.  Petco has a one-piece box, but it is very large, making washing it awkward.  I have two Rubbermaid boxes, but can't get more (I have four cats.  That's a lot of boxes.) because they are discontinued.

Would these work? http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4217937

I've got them for my gang.

Hm, that has potential.  I have one box that slopes forward, and someone occasionally pees over the edge, but I think this is a larger box.  Domino usually prefers to pee on the back, so that he can watch for enemies.   ::)

LazyDaisy

« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »
Someone up thread mentioned LifeSavers. When I was in Junior High School 25 years ago (gasp!) they had root beer flavored LifeSavers. They actually tasted like real root beer. I loved those!!! If anyone has seen those sold in any of those old time candy stores, or outside of the US, I might actually have to visit you.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »
Someone up thread mentioned LifeSavers. When I was in Junior High School 25 years ago (gasp!) they had root beer flavored LifeSavers. They actually tasted like real root beer. I loved those!!! If anyone has seen those sold in any of those old time candy stores, or outside of the US, I might actually have to visit you.
Oh, Lordy, I hadn't thought about root beer Lifesavers in 30 years or more.  I think they may only have been produced regionally. 
into books first.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2012, 03:34:33 PM »
Blue Bell Ice Cream had a seasonal flavor of "Chocolate Chip Cookie", (not dough).  It was really good.  Then the dough version came out, and I guess they decided that the two were too similar.  But they weren't. 

magicdomino

« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2012, 03:49:20 PM »

I remember when I could get a whole roll of my favorite flavor, wild cherry Life Savers.  Maybe your root beer Life Savers are with my cherry Live Savers.  *sigh*

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »
I still see cherry at the 7-11.  Bought some last week. Lots available online, just google for them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:07:47 PM by Elfmama »
into books first.