Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 50745 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Stuff you can't get anymore
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:13:44 PM »
we've all had this happen, something is redesigned to be "new and improved", or colors of your favorite lipstick are discontinued.....

What products have ether been re-worked or discontinued that you love? 

Aside from perfumes and makeup, I saw today on an episode of America's Test Kitchen Pyrex has completely re-worked their traditional glass measuring cups.  Thankfully I have a set, plus an extra 4-cupper.  They were one of the first things I bought when I moved out on my own.

My other is a car.  The Volvo 240 to be exact.  My first car was a '78 245 wagon, and I loved the design.  I know they stopped making it a good 20 years ago, but I still miss it.  And I know, had I been able to keep mine, it would probably still run today!

auntmeegs

Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »
Pine Brother cough drops.  Man, I miss those things.  I still think about them all the time.  They were so good. 

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:21:25 PM »
Pine Brother cough drops.  Man, I miss those things.  I still think about them all the time.  They were so good.

I remember those!

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »
Caribou Coffee granola bars. I've had the vanilla, the chocolate mocha, and the caramel ones and absolutely loved them.....now I can't find them anymore :(

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

Elisabunny

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 05:50:11 PM »
Hydrox cookies.

Original formula Biz.  My mother used it to clean just about everything; so did I when I was just married.  Then about 20 years ago they made it "New and Improved."  It was concentrated (good), but it also had a strong scent that would. not. come. out.   So we both had to stop using it. :'(
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »
I just saw these today at CVS.  Check out their site, [size=78%]http://pinebrothers.com/[/size][size=78%]  [/size]

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
Various things:

Cartier de Must, the original formula from the 70's and early 80's before they changed it completely.

Reeses Peanut Butter in a jar.

The old way they used to flavor doritoes.  The chips came out laden with cheese powder, and remember yelling with glee when you got that tiny nugget of powder on the bottom of the bag.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »
Boston Market frozen mashed potatoes.  JUST the potatoes.

I think you can sometimes get Pine Bros cough drops on Vermont Country Store's website.

dawbs

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »
Jiffy used to make a caramel frosting mix.
I never used it for frosting, I used it to make carmel corn.  Doesn't exist.   :'(

magician5

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »
Littonware plastic microwave ware. I really dunno what everyone else uses that doesn't melt or break.
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

scansons

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
Planters Cheese curls and balls in the  blue can.   They disappeared about fifteen years ago.  Sometimes I still get the crave. 

Chocodials.  Basically Twinkies covered in chocolate.  So miss them.  Haven't found anything quite the same. 

Judah

• California, U.S.A
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »
The old giant SweetTarts.  Not the chewy ones. They were hard, about two inches in diameter, and came three to a pack.  I LOVED those.
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
Subaru Legacy Wagon.  They still make the sedan but don't make the wagon anymore.  It used to be the Outback was basically the Legacy Wagon with heavier duty suspension but now that they've redesigned the Outback, I'm not sure they have a vehicle that meets my needs anymore. Which is too bad because I LOVE my Subaru.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 06:28:54 PM »
Fendi Perfume. It smelled like happiness.