Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 57586 times)

bopper

• Super Hero!
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 06:29:46 PM »
Dulce de Leche m&ms (sold in puerto rico)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »
Sugar Twin.  The saccharin sugar substitute.  It tastes more like sugar to me than any of the other sweeteners.  I usually buy 3 or 4 boxes of 100 a couple times a year, then carry a supply with me everywhere.  I went to the store last Monday and not only were there no boxes of Sugar Twin on the shelf, there wasn't even a shelf tag to show where the boxes are supposed to go.  I checked out two other stores that used to carry Sugar Twin and they stopped carrying it months ago.  I wonder if it was a product recall or if they simply went out of business.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 06:39:38 PM »
Planters Cheese curls and balls in the  blue can.   They disappeared about fifteen years ago.  Sometimes I still get the crave. 

Chocodials.  Basically Twinkies covered in chocolate.  So miss them.  Haven't found anything quite the same.

have you tried Utz cheese balls?  Almost the the same.  My BFF in college and I would eat the Planter's cheeze balls while drinking fuzzy navels and watch LA Law.  Blech. I shudder at the combo now.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »
The flavored Pringles are too strong and "powdery" now.  I just like a hint of flavor.

Mon Chéri chocolate with the hazelnut.

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
Frankenberry cereal.  Oh, it's been so long since we parted but I'm still sad :'(.

Skippy Honey Roast peanut butter.
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
Pine Brother cough drops.  Man, I miss those things.  I still think about them all the time.  They were so good.
I just saw these today at CVS.  Check out their site, [size=78%]http://pinebrothers.com/[/size][size=78%]  [/size]

Yeah, I was gonna say, I "like" Pine Bros on Facebook, and was pretty sure they had cough drops...looks like they're making a comeback.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
Not a brand, but a product...I miss fresh, bakery-hot donuts, like Krispy Kreme or just from a good bakery. The only donuts we can get around here are from the grocery or convenience store. I love me a nice, light donut filled with cream cheese filling (there's one by my parents, so good) or a hot, freshly made glazed donut.  :(

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 06:58:13 PM »
Target used to have this store brand of the most comfortable bras I've ever worn. They were soft and fit perfectly...now they've added a push-up and got rid of the comfy kind. I don't need to push my nunnies up to my neck just to be supported.

The chocolate scented candles from Yankee.

My old '98 Jeep Cherokee. It died in an accident and the new Jeeps are too curvy.
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

LazyDaisy

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
Bath and Body Works had a line of scented products called something like "ginger spice" -- candles, lotion, body wash. I loved that scent, not too flowery, not too musky. They discontinued the whole line. That's the only product in my life I can remember actually filling out a customer comments card to try to get them to bring it back. According to the clerk, I wasn't the only one sad. They now have other ginger scents (White Tea & Ginger and Orange Ginger) but they're not the same.  :'(
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." — Douglas Adams

MummySweet

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 08:18:33 PM »
Aveda lipstick in "Sheer Camilla" - the perfect shade for me

Marathon candy bars (remember the ruler printed on the package?)   This is not the Marathon bar that was sold in the UK, which was like a US Snickers bar.  The US Marathon was similar to the UK Curly Wurly (but way better  :) )

The daily moisturizers are too numerous to list.  It seems that whenever I find one that works for me, it gets discontinued.  Almay made a great one several years ago that got discontinued and replaced by their "milk" line.  Recently Aveeno discontinued their Ultra Calming SPF 30, and the 15 is a totally different product.

Sophie Jenkins

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »
Surge.

I used to drink tons of it, and spent the first summer or two it was out winning a ton of free bottles from the caps. I even have a fisherman's cap with the logo!

The closest thing I found was when Mt Dew had a green lime-flavored version during the contest to pick a new flavor. I was sad when it lost.

turtleIScream

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
Frankenberry cereal.  Oh, it's been so long since we parted but I'm still sad :'(.

Skippy Honey Roast peanut butter.

We can get Booberry and Frankenberry cereal in October. I stock up for the year (seriously, I bought 24 boxes last year); I just brought out my last two boxes this morning.

whiskeytangofoxtrot

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 08:44:21 PM »
Secret shame- i loved Jovan Andron for Women. It had the promised effect too, it seems... ;)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:53:48 PM by whiskeytangofoxtrot »

Jaelle

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »
LazyDaisy, I loved their Storm Watch candle. Then they discontinued it.  >:(  I've heard they might have brought it back, but I haven't been in one of the stores in a while ...

Nestle's Alpine White candy bar with almonds. Yuuummmyyy.

Wegman's (local grocery store chain) lychee green iced tea. I drank it all last summer; I was downright addicted to it. I hoped they'd just phased it out for the winter, but noooo ... it's gone altogether. :(  I absolutely loved the stuff.
"But there was one Elephant -- a new Elephant -- an Elephant's Child--who was full of 'satiable curtiosity, and that means he asked ever so many questions."
-- "Just So Stories," Rudyard Kipling

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »
Dr. George's Cough Syrup - My pediatrician had his own formula of cough syrup. No flavorings, no colorings but that stuff worked.

I can't remember the name but this stuff we used to soak my hands and feet in when I got secondary infections from the skin condition breaking my skin down. I could really use it right now.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future