Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 59864 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »
B&BW's Dancing Waters.  They had the shower gel and body lotion at the crazy June sale, but they no longer have any of the EDT or body mist.

Clairol's original Herbal Essence Shampoo.  Vermont Country Store makes their own version but at $15 I'm not biting until I get a paycheck.

Yves Rocher's Mint Shower Gel.  I have a stockpile but when that's gone I hope someone else comes up with something similar.  I think they're also phasing out their Orange Blossom.   :'(

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:08 PM »
Frankenberry cereal.  Oh, it's been so long since we parted but I'm still sad :'(.

Skippy Honey Roast peanut butter.

We can get Booberry and Frankenberry cereal in October. I stock up for the year (seriously, I bought 24 boxes last year); I just brought out my last two boxes this morning.

I am extremely jealous of you now.
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

CuriousParty

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
When I was growing up we lived near an Italian bakery - actually, near like 10 Italian bakeries, it was Jersey after all - but this one had a whole selection of miniature Italian parties - not just a couple of cannoli and Napoleans, no sir, a full bakery case of different pasties.  They. Were. Awesome.  Beyond words.  I miss them.

Where I live now the natives (some of them anyway) seem to think the bakeries in grocery stores are the same thing - it took quite some time to convince my native DH that this may be a cookie, but it is not a Bakery Cookie unless it comes from a bakery that does not also sell lettuce.  Preferably one that uses white boxes tied up with red and white string from a loop in the ceiling.  He finally got it :)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
When I was growing up we lived near an Italian bakery - actually, near like 10 Italian bakeries, it was Jersey after all - but this one had a whole selection of miniature Italian parties - not just a couple of cannoli and Napoleans, no sir, a full bakery case of different pasties.  They. Were. Awesome.  Beyond words.  I miss them.

Where I live now the natives (some of them anyway) seem to think the bakeries in grocery stores are the same thing - it took quite some time to convince my native DH that this may be a cookie, but it is not a Bakery Cookie unless it comes from a bakery that does not also sell lettuce.  Preferably one that uses white boxes tied up with red and white string from a loop in the ceiling.  He finally got it :)

Oooh. I feel for you.  I live in Jersey, and quite close to one that has just that.  Mine doesn't use the red and white string, but tapes the boxes, but the taste is the same.

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »

Where I live now the natives (some of them anyway) seem to think the bakeries in grocery stores are the same thing - it took quite some time to convince my native DH that this may be a cookie, but it is not a Bakery Cookie unless it comes from a bakery that does not also sell lettuce. Preferably one that uses white boxes tied up with red and white string from a loop in the ceiling.  He finally got it :)

I think that is one of the most profound things I have ever read! I couldn't agree more!

And I miss Jell-O Pudding Pops. 

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 09:44:01 PM »
I think there are still some places yuo can get pudding pops - I got them a couple of years ago.

Rhindle

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »
Orbitz. The soda, that is. Man, I miss that stuff.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 10:07:40 PM »
St. Ives jojoba conditioner

Ben and Jerry's blackberry cobbler icecream

Veinetta icecream cake
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »
Maypo in the red box.  The stuff in the blue box is whole wheat and tastes like something other than Maypo.  Paste perhaps?

I WANT MY MAYPO!!! :P

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »
Stouffer's French Bread Pizza.

Clairol Hydrience Hair Colour.

The deep-fried apple pie at McDonald*s.  (They still had it in Mexico and in Spain the last time I went and I wonder if they still do... might be worth a trip! ;D)

Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

Hillia

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »
Dryad deodorant.
Tickle deodorant ("with the big wide ball!")  Looking back on it now, wow...that marketing!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

scansons

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »
Planters Cheese curls and balls in the  blue can.   They disappeared about fifteen years ago.  Sometimes I still get the crave. 

Chocodials.  Basically Twinkies covered in chocolate.  So miss them.  Haven't found anything quite the same.

have you tried Utz cheese balls?  Almost the the same.  My BFF in college and I would eat the Planter's cheeze balls while drinking fuzzy navels and watch LA Law.  Blech. I shudder at the combo now.

I have tried  the Utz.  They are  good, but we just moved and I can't get them here either.  It's really very sad.  I bought my first bag of Cheetos in years last week.  Boy was I disappointed. 

nonesuch4

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »
Jello 1-2-3
The Infiniti G20
Lawn darts

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »
Appian Way pizza.  They sold a mix for the dough and sauce in the same box and we LOVED the pizza.   SOOO good.  Grocery store stopped carrying it and you can't even find the company on the internet anymore (except for their Facebook page which hasn't been updated in 3-4 years).   I found a few boxes on Amazon but am wary about buying them as I don't know the expiration dates those have.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 10:50:24 PM »
Eskimo pudding pops
Fruitopia...

Oh man! The good old days... I miss them!