Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 57838 times)

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2012, 10:52:59 PM »
Eskimo pudding pops
Fruitopia...

Oh man! The good old days... I miss them!

Fruitopia the drink?  'Cause we still have that here in Canada.  All kinds of flavours too!
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

jmarvellous

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2012, 10:56:56 PM »
Maypo in the red box.  The stuff in the blue box is whole wheat and tastes like something other than Maypo.  Paste perhaps?

I WANT MY MAYPO!!! :P

What's a Maypo?

I miss very few products, I guess, because I don't have a lot of brand loyalty. I do miss those Target bras mentioned upthread, even though I don't mind the padded version!

I remember liking a couple of scents at Bath and Body Works when they opened it in my town about 15 years ago, but either my nose has improved with age or their formulas have declined, 'cause I haven't liked it in years. I got some fruity lotion and exchanged it for Sensual Amber, which I then diluted with barely scented, much cheaper lotion for a scent I actually enjoy.

And thank you, nonesuch4! I have had this vague memory of Jell-O 1-2-3 for YEARS and couldn't figure out what it was called. I think we may have even made the off-brand version. Wouldn't dream of eating it now, but if you would, looks like there are lots of clone recipes out there.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
Eskimo pudding pops
Fruitopia...

Oh man! The good old days... I miss them!

Fruitopia the drink?  'Cause we still have that here in Canada.  All kinds of flavours too!

*books a flight to Canada, immediately*

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:19 PM »
Maypo in the red box.  The stuff in the blue box is whole wheat and tastes like something other than Maypo.  Paste perhaps?

I WANT MY MAYPO!!! :P

Yes!!! I grew up on Maypo. Miss that red box - especially since moving to Texas where it isn't sold at all. 

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Maypo-Instant-Maple-Oatmeal-14-Ounce/dp/B000H223O2

Excuse the hotlink.  Looks like Amazon as several Maypo varieties.  You could also try sweetening steel cut oats with granulated maple. 

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2012, 11:07:25 PM »
Boil-In-The_Bag Salisbury Steak.  When I was a kid, we'd have it on bread.  Then in college the Super Walmart near me stocked it - sometimes.  I would literally buy all they had whenever I saw it.  Then they stopped carrying it.   I don't know why, I was probably buying enough to pay for the tiny bit of freezer space they got. 

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:52 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Maypo-Instant-Maple-Oatmeal-14-Ounce/dp/B000H223O2

Excuse the hotlink.  Looks like Amazon as several Maypo varieties.  You could also try sweetening steel cut oats with granulated maple. 

You are fabulous.  You and Amazon - a dynamic duo! Thank you!  ;D

Awestruck Shmuck

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 11:33:52 PM »
Clairol's original Herbal Essence Shampoo.  Vermont Country Store makes their own version but at $15 I'm not biting until I get a paycheck.

They still sell this in Australia! I think it's actually made in England though, maybe check if you you have an English/British food/grocery store in your area? they might have it.

ebrochu

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:18 PM »
ketchup ringolos.

not the bbq, the ketchup. They're no longer available in canada, and I FREAKING LOVE them! :'(

I know, it's better for me if I don't have them, but...but...*sigh*

miritree

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2012, 11:59:08 PM »
Bath and Body Works coconut lime verbena scent.

Tart n Tinys candy. NOT the candy coated.

Yellow sweettarts.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 12:06:02 AM »
Sunshine Yum-Yums

Upper 10 soft drink

Mickey's chocolate cream pies

Sugar Jets Cereal

Rice Krinkles cereal

PeterM

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 01:33:31 AM »
Hydrox cookies.

Hydrox were the first thing I thought of upon seeing the subject line. I've come to enjoy Oreos (way too much, actually) but Hydrox were so much better.

The only other thing I can think of is fish fries from Bob and Ron's, which have been scientifically proven to be the most tasty food ever. Bob and Ron's is still around, I'm just 3,000 miles away now.

SoCalVal

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 02:36:55 AM »
Cheetos Cheese Paws (Cheetos in the shape of paws)

B&BW cream soaps

Victoria's Secret fruit-scented lotions, like orange or apple

Cappio -- a bottled coffee drink that pre-dated frappuccinos

TJ's rocky road marshmallow candy

Bulk chocolate covered toasted coconut marshmallows (haven't seen these in about 20 years)

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:33 AM »
Actually, it's a food that I loved, I forget what brand name it was, but it was the delicious popcorn chips (not the crappy Popchips brand either), that actually TASTED like buttered popcorn, and I was so bummed when they stopped making them. Also the Cheetos paw shaped cheezies, they were awesome!

Other than that, I can't really think of anything off the top of my head.

Edited to add Tart n Tiny's, and green Sweettarts and Shockers that used to be lime flavored (now they are an artificial green apple flavor), Pepsi Twist or Lemon Coke (sorry Lime Pepsi just isn't the same), Cherry Pepsi/Coke in Canada, Cinnamon Scope (can't find it here in Canada), Salt & Vinegar Ruffles chips, Hershey Pieces (like Smarties or M&M's but with Hershey chocolate inside), Hershey Kissables (baby candy coated Hershey Kisses),  Rice Krispy Treat cereal (in Canada),
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:38:16 AM by Julia Mercer »

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 03:24:40 AM »
Cheetos Cheese Paws (Cheetos in the shape of paws)

Get out of my head SoCalVal! LOL