Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 58558 times)

dawbs

Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2012, 09:34:09 AM »
Stick stain remover for clothes.

It was kind of like a deodorant stick.  You would use it on a stain when you were throwing your clothes in the laundry basket and it would activate in the washer.  I loved those things, since I can never remember to check my clothes over for stains as I'm throwing them in the washer.

I've been looking but I can't find them any more.
Amazon still has 'em:
http://www.amazon.com/Stain-Erasing-Pre-Laundry-Stick/dp/B004F5MWFW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343828015&sr=8-2&keywords=stain+stick

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »
Cheezza.

This was a frozen pizza-like food with four cheeses and no sauce.  It doesn't sound great but it was really delicious.

Back in the 1970s, Uncle Ben's made a curried rice that was good and spicy.  The modern version isn't nearly as good.

During the same period, Progresso made a hot and a sweet pasta sauce.  Both were otherwise plain tomato sauces with no chunks.  The sweet was good to use in recipes and the hot was wonderful by itself on a plate of pasta. 

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »
Except I'm in Canada.   :)  I'll check Amazon.ca, though.  Thanks, dawbs!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
This reminds me and it's really old school, but I loved in middle school I think this shampoo called, "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific!".

I.loved.it.  I would sniff my pony tail alot.  ;D

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »
In high school we used to wear these shoes we called 'bunnies'.
They were slip ons, had a kind of rounded toe, a high toe box and two little things that maybe looked like ears in the front.  I loved those things, and all of us wore them.  I never could find them again.  They came in black and in white.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

auntmeegs

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2012, 09:58:53 AM »
Pine Brother cough drops.  Man, I miss those things.  I still think about them all the time.  They were so good.
I just saw these today at CVS.  Check out their site, [size=78%]http://pinebrothers.com/[/size][size=78%]  [/size]

CRUD MONKEYS! Zilla I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(edited to add that I just ordered 7 bags each of the honey and the cherry!  I am soooo excited!!)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:15:51 AM by auntmeegs »

Moonie

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
This reminds me and it's really old school, but I loved in middle school I think this shampoo called, "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific!".

OOOOOH!!! I loved that shampoo too.  There was also a perfume called "You're The Fire" which smelled like incense and was supposed to smell different as your body temperature changed.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »
Annie Greensprings wine.  I don't drink, but I loved their radio commercials.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
Anyone else remember when Hunt's snack pack pudding came in metal cans?  The taste was never the same once they changed to plastic.

My mom still bemoans that Crabtree and Evelyn changed her favorite scent (Savannah Gardens).

Yes!  Not that my mom ever bought them, but every now and then I'd have one at a friend's. 

My fave is gone as well, Spring Rain.  I can still get giant bottles of shower gel at the outlet, but that's it. ALthough my fave has changed to Nantucket Briar.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2012, 10:15:58 AM »

The Vermont Country Store, I think, has this.  But if I recall, its was rather pricy.  But they have a bunch of old stuff from back in the day.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:19:30 AM by siamesecat2965 »

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012, 10:18:34 AM »

The only thing close to that is 4711 Ice, which isn't that easy to find.  As lovely as it smells, its cooling effect doesn't last as long.
oh wow. my mom used to have that (at least, i think that's what it was... she used to keep 4711 somethign or other in the fridge).

Stick stain remover for clothes.

It was kind of like a deodorant stick.  You would use it on a stain when you were throwing your clothes in the laundry basket and it would activate in the washer.  I loved those things, since I can never remember to check my clothes over for stains as I'm throwing them in the washer.

I've been looking but I can't find them any more.
I'm pretty sure they sell them in israel (I havent' used them since they came out with the OXY spray).

and i'm also pretty sure i've seen the paw-shaped cheesits that someone was bemoaning upthread here as well

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Ginger G

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2012, 10:19:43 AM »
Bath and Body Works coconut lime verbena scent

Oh me too, that was my favorite B&BW scent by far.  I have a coconut-lime body spray I got at Wal-Mart, but it is nowhere near as good as the B&BW version.

I used to love a snack mix that came in a box called DooDads.  Can't find it anywhere anymore.  Chex mix is nowhere near as good in my opinion.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2012, 10:27:06 AM »

The Vermont Country Store, I think, has this.  But if I recall, its was rather pricy.  But they have a bunch of old stuff from back in the day.

There is a company in the Phillipines that still makes it but upon the reviews on Amazon, it isn't the same and the formula is detrimental to the hair.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
Royals chocolate.  They were a mint chocolate by the M&M company and awesome.  Not to be confused with the current mint M&M.  Royals were way better.

a clever screenname

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »
I don't even have a company to blame for mine. 

I can't get Lady Apples in my area.  They are tiny apples (ususally could finish each in two or three bites) that are just a touch sweeter than the larger apples.   Their diminutive size means they aren't big sellers in the apple arena, so most orchards don't grow them.

We had one grocery store that would on rare occasions have them in stock (no idea where they got them from), but that store is now closed, so now I am out of luck.