Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 51353 times)

Lovemykids

• Formerly known as Lovemygirls
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »
Bath and Body Works coconut lime verbena scent.

That's back in stock, at least for now. Bought some body soap the other day.

They have a coconut lime something, but it's different. My daughter got all excited when she saw it, but it's not the same.

They are selling the coconut lime verbena candles on B&BW online right now -- my DH got all excited himself because that's his favorite scent of candle.  The jar candles were 2 for $20, and then he had a coupon for $10 off of $60 and free shipping, so yesterday a box of six coconut lime verbena candles was delivered for $50.  :)

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
OK--the best stuff ever. Ever.

Purplesauress Rex (I know I spelled that wrong, darnit!) It was made by Koolaid, and it was grape and lemonaid flavored Koolaid. Honestly, the best packet-mixed drink ever invented.

Oh, and Aldi's version of baked Doritos--yum!
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

turtleIScream

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
Lemon jolly ranchers. It was a travesty they day they replaced it with that awful blue raspberry concoction.

Are you my daughter? She asked what I was reading, and I told her the name of the thread. She exclaimed, "Has anyone said lemon Jolly Ranchers? Those were the best!"

I'm remembering more:
Our Oldsmobile Intrigue

My soft side, expandable weekender. I got it as a high school graduation gift, and an undisclosed many years later, it is falling apart. The closest equivalent I can find is an Italian leather duffel for $500, which still doesn't have the features I love.

Tato Skins Sour Cream & Onion chips

There was another snack we used to have growing up - they were in the chips aisle, they were little crunchy twists and about 2.5" long. They were so good, but it's been so long since I've seen them, I can't remember what they were called.

magicdomino

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2012, 05:11:17 PM »
On a completely different note:

Rubbermaid high-sided litter boxes.  Domino insists on peeing standing up (Yes, he's neutered.)  and this litter box was the perfect height and size.  Most covered and high-sided are two pieces, letting urine get caught in the seam between top and bottom, not that Domino would ever enter that notorious cat trap known as a covered litter box.  Petco has a one-piece box, but it is very large, making washing it awkward.  I have two Rubbermaid boxes, but can't get more (I have four cats.  That's a lot of boxes.) because they are discontinued.

Corvid

• Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »
I bought my first bag of Cheetos in years last week.  Boy was I disappointed.

Try the natural Cheetos.  I think they're way better.

rain

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »
OK--the best stuff ever. Ever.

Purplesauress Rex (I know I spelled that wrong, darnit!) It was made by Koolaid, and it was grape and lemonaid flavored Koolaid. Honestly, the best packet-mixed drink ever invented.

ROFL - wasn't that discontinued about 20 years ago (it was my ex's favorite- when I found out it was being discontinued I made a phone call - and viola' our grocery store suddenly had boxes & boxes .... I bought most of it for {now-ex} DH)
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
Bath and Body Works coconut lime verbena scent.

That's back in stock, at least for now. Bought some body soap the other day.

They have a coconut lime something, but it's different. My daughter got all excited when she saw it, but it's not the same.

Ahh, you're right, just checked my bottle, it's coconut lime breeze.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »
Puddin in the middle cake mix.  There has to be some way to make it without the mix, but how???

Poke cakes with pudding or fruit gelatin in the middle were around long before the mix.

You can find a good variety at:

Www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,186,153174-229201, 00.html

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2012, 05:28:01 AM »
Pudding Pops that actually tasted like pudding and had a pudding like texture, not like a glorified fudgesicle, those were delicious! And speaking of beauty products, I miss those fruit scented hair sprays, and soda flavored roll on lip smackers.

I also miss having a roller skating rink here in town, wishing that fad didn't go away, I can't get the hang of roller blading!

Had to add the scratch and sniff stickers,  scented markers, shrinky dinks, (which could also go under the things that sound dirty thread), cinnamon flavored toothpicks (the real strong spicy kind), Avon press on eye shadow (never tried it, but when I wanted to, they discontinued it)

.........to be continued, lol
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:33:56 AM by Julia Mercer »

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2012, 09:32:48 AM »
...I also miss having a roller skating rink here in town, wishing that fad didn't go away, I can't get the hang of roller blading!...

I have one!  Wooo Hoooo!   
I am just waiting until my two-year-old has size 6 feet (smallest size available in roller skates), and then we are going skating!

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »
Pudding Pops that actually tasted like pudding and had a pudding like texture, not like a glorified fudgesicle, those were delicious! And speaking of beauty products, I miss those fruit scented hair sprays, and soda flavored roll on lip smackers.

I also miss having a roller skating rink here in town, wishing that fad didn't go away, I can't get the hang of roller blading!

Had to add the scratch and sniff stickers,  scented markers, shrinky dinks, (which could also go under the things that sound dirty thread), cinnamon flavored toothpicks (the real strong spicy kind), Avon press on eye shadow (never tried it, but when I wanted to, they discontinued it)

I heard that using the lids from deli containers (thin plastic) are good shrinky dink substitutes.   

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2012, 09:43:48 AM »
You can still buy Skrinky Dinks.  You can even buy ones that can go through the printer. 

For my wedding, I bought a package of those, and then made little name tags to go on wine glass charms.  They were quite impressive looking, plus it was cheaper than people abandoning their wine because they forgot which was theirs. 

Snooks

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:34 AM »
On a completely different note:

Rubbermaid high-sided litter boxes.  Domino insists on peeing standing up (Yes, he's neutered.)  and this litter box was the perfect height and size.  Most covered and high-sided are two pieces, letting urine get caught in the seam between top and bottom, not that Domino would ever enter that notorious cat trap known as a covered litter box.  Petco has a one-piece box, but it is very large, making washing it awkward.  I have two Rubbermaid boxes, but can't get more (I have four cats.  That's a lot of boxes.) because they are discontinued.

Could you butcher a plastic storage box?

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:56 AM »

I heard that using the lids from deli containers (thin plastic) are good shrinky dink substitutes.

Shrinky Dinks still exist.  We made some just a few years back.  It was a kit that made them into keychains.  So cool 8).  I'm sure they're hard to find though...

And Sophia just posted a similar thing.  The ones we got were the ones you color in and then bake - old school style.  No high-tech printing options.
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

cattlekid

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2012, 10:30:55 AM »
Sugar Free KoolAid.  Gone....completely gone.  I even "talked" with Kraft on Facebook and they confirmed that it is no longer being made due to poor sales.  We always preferred the KoolAid flavors to the flavors from Crystal Light and their ilk.