Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 55788 times)

redsfan

Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2012, 10:54:53 PM »
They had sugar free kool aid last month at kmart.  I'm going tomorrow to buy out any they may have left.  My mom has had a glass of that every night for as long as I can remember.  I hate that powder, but I'll stock her up. 

SoCalVal

« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2012, 11:07:51 PM »
I forgot Kenny Roger's Roasters corn bread or muffins (whatever they were).  I think they had pieces of corn throughout.  I loved those.

When I was in high school, there was a refrigerated, cooked, chicken pot pie.  I loved it.  Haven't seen it in about 20+ years.

Whatchamacallits before they added the caramel.  I'll still eat them now, but it took me years before I'd eat them again after they added the caramel.

Cinnamon-flavored Trident gum.  I'm still on the hunt for it and, if I find it, I'll buy a couple of their shelf boxes.  I haven't seen it in years.

Elisabunny

« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2012, 12:12:07 AM »
Lime Starbursts.  Does anyone else remember them?  They were in the original "Original" assortment, before they were replaced with, I think, strawberry.

Lime Starburst jelly beans.  I hate green apple flavor.  (Although I like the scent.  Go figure.)

Lime Lifesavers in the Five Flavors roll.  See above.

Gee, I think I see a theme, here. ;)
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

wheeitsme

« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »
Pink Panther Frosted Flakes.  They came out around the time of the first Pink Panther movie (w/ Peter Sellers).  No one I know remembers they existed, but I do.  They had a distinct "pink" flavor, and turned the milk pink.  That, and Saturday morning cartoons = heaven.

Oh. my. gosh.

I remember those.  I had a bowl of them once.  I used to eat kool-aid by the spoonful, and those were too much for me, LOL.

wheeitsme

« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2012, 12:24:59 AM »
Does anyone remember Fruit Float?  My brother loved it!

LazyDaisy

« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
I thought of another one...Black Jack gum. I guess I'm one of the few who like black licorice flavor. I haven't seen it in stores for 20 years.

I guess Amazon has it for sale. I just can't bring myself to order gum from the internet and have it shipped to me.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2012, 12:41:25 PM »
Fizzies!  Like flavored Alka Selser.  You drop the tablets into a glass of water and they effervesce.  They came in soda pop flavors like root beer, cola, lemon-lime, orange, etc.

We use to joke that an event was "as exciting as a flood in a Fizzies factory." >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

portiafimbriata

• a.k.a. Mrs. Hexbane
  • I have an extradition treaty with all spiders
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
Good topic! We joke that all my husband has to do is like something for it to be discontinued.

I can't find Bath and Body Works Bergamot Coriander hand soap & lotion anymore :-( I luuuurved that stuff.

Also, CornNuts "improved" their BBQ flavored product about 12 years ago and I've never gotten over it.  Things I've wanted to tell them: "Improved" is subective. Don't mess with perfection.

And dangit, I miss the old formula of Cascade. I understand why they had to take out the sulfides, but the result is a lousy product.
The old man had all his own teeth, but only because no-one else could possibly have wanted them.
-Good Omens

redsfan

« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
I thought of another one...Black Jack gum. I guess I'm one of the few who like black licorice flavor. I haven't seen it in stores for 20 years.

I guess Amazon has it for sale. I just can't bring myself to order gum from the internet and have it shipped to me.

Are you near a Cracker Barrel?  They sell it in the gift shop there. 

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »
Totally agree with the Caribou Coffee granola bars mentioned on the first page. My favorite were the mint mocha ones. It was a struggle to not eat the whole box at once.

B&BW Sugar Plum. It was a holiday limited edition scent. From about fifteen years ago. And I still make a cursory check for it every year when they bring out the new holiday scents.

Cookies from the mom and pop bakery from my hometown that closed when the owners retired. (I hear their son or grandson or something has started it back up in a neighboring town--I need to look into whether they do mail orders as I'm nowhere near there anymore...)

Excedrin.

amylouky

« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »
The deep-fried apple pie at McDonald*s.  (They still had it in Mexico and in Spain the last time I went and I wonder if they still do... might be worth a trip! ;D)

Do you have a Rally's near you? They have deep fried apple pies. A little different because they coat them in cinnamon sugar, but you could probably request them without. They're yummy!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2012, 04:04:01 PM »
Excedrin.
Is that gone for good?  I thought/hoped it was a temporary product recall or something.

Oh dear, that was the only thing that really worked on my tension headaches & I'm almost out. :'(
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
Excedrin.
Is that gone for good?  I thought/hoped it was a temporary product recall or something.

Oh dear, that was the only thing that really worked on my tension headaches & I'm almost out. :'(

I don't think it's gone for good but it's been recalled for ages now. I have a stash in my office and am hoarding it like crazy (and if you're worried about my safety, the recall was due to concerns like broken pills getting into the packages, and I'm not worried).

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »
The deep-fried apple pie at McDonald*s.  (They still had it in Mexico and in Spain the last time I went and I wonder if they still do... might be worth a trip! ;D)

Do you have a Rally's near you? They have deep fried apple pies. A little different because they coat them in cinnamon sugar, but you could probably request them without. They're yummy!

Hmmm, I googled it.  Looks like it's called "Checkers" on the east coast.  I have also seen the commercials here on the U.S. channels, but alas, there aren't any in Canada.  I will definitely dine there (Read: just eat a bunch of pies as my whole meal ;D), the next time I'm in the States though.  Thanks very much for the recommendation.  I really appreciate it!
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

mandycorn

« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2012, 04:38:20 PM »
There was a pair of shoes that I wore back in the 70's.  I think we called them earth shoes.  They were a simple oxford with very flexible soles but the heel area was lower than the rest of the sole.  They were so comfortable.  Lots of people wore them.  They were brown or black leather (suede?) with a flat seam around the toe and only had about four lace eyelets (two on each side).  Anyone remember them?  I've always had wide, flat feet and they were the most comfy pair of shoes.

My mom looked for those a couple of years ago and never found anything similar, but she and I talked about them in detail; you're not the only one who misses them!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln