Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 59216 times)

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
Hershey's Nuggets in certain flavors--Cookies n' Cream and Mint Cookie (or something like that) were my favorites.  Now I can get the Cookies n' Cream in bar form, but it's just not the same as the Nuggets!  :(

(I sure sound whiny about it.  Maybe this post should be in First World Problems instead.  ;D)
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
Hershey's Nuggets in certain flavors--Cookies n' Cream and Mint Cookie (or something like that) were my favorites.  Now I can get the Cookies n' Cream in bar form, but it's just not the same as the Nuggets!  :(

(I sure sound whiny about it.  Maybe this post should be in First World Problems instead.  ;D)

The ones with the toffee chunks were/are my favorites. I'm not sure if they still make them because I had to make myself stop buying them so I wouldn't accidentally eat 9487256283456 in one sitting.  ;D

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2012, 05:35:37 PM »
There used to be Choc-o-Mint LifeSavers.  I can't even remember when I last had those.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »
I just keep thinking this every time i see the title to this thread, so, I'm going to say it....A Woody Woodpecker Kazoo!  My sister ordered one with cereal box tops for probably 25 cents when we were kids.  (She never did get it.   >:(http://www.captainkazoo.com/backroom-2.html

It could be lying behind some post office filing cabinet, waiting to find it's way to your sister.

Hey, it could happen :)
This is true!  My grandmother probably complained that I didn't write to her, when I had, and then 11 years later I found my letter in a box of papers, stamped, but unmailed.   Sorry Gramma!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

NbyNW

« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2012, 02:14:14 AM »
Rolaids soft chew antacids--I hate  tums and that seems to be all that's available now

Root beer Mike and Ikes

Seven Up candy bars

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
The oldies but goodies here will remember this.

Lepage's glue in a bottle.

It never worked!  At least for us.  The rubber tip would clog up and dry.

http://www.creativepro.com/files/story_images/090904_fg7.jpg

heartmug

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »

Root beer Mike and Ikes

I am sorry I missed those.  Sounds yummy!
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Moonie

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »
I believe it was Pop Secret Corn on the Cob flavored popcorn.  I don't even LIKE popcorn, and this stuff was to die for. Tasted just like fresh corn.

Xandraea

« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »
Body Shop peppermint body wash

B&BW Cucumber Melon -- they brought it back for the sale but in limited products and it's probably gone again now.  It's my best friend's favorite scent so I got her a bunch for her birthday in July.

Lands End had a style of jeans that fits me wonderfully and they stopped making it! GRR!  This has happened to me multiple times with jeans, the last memorable being a dark-wash trouser from Eddie Bauer that was a test run.

A more recent annoyance: Herbal Essences "None of your Frizzness" Shampoo and Conditioner -- smells so good, and I haven't found it after the one time I bought it. (And why do all the other shampoos & conditioners for curly hair have to have lavender and/or other super-flowery scents? I don't want to be allergic to myself!)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »
That reminds me.  Land's End used to have these great drawstring knit shorts.  They were a thick-ish fabric and they would flare a bit like a skirt.  I loved those things!  My husband and I even had an argument about them once.  He somehow decided they were his workout shorts, and used them for several months.  He argued with me when I found them in the laundry and confiscated them back. 

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2012, 03:22:35 PM »
Ken Rosewall endorsed sneakers.   They were a bit difficult to break in, but once you did so they were sooo comfy.  Plus for some reason they made my feet look tiny.   Alas, they changed the manufacturer and they weren't so great.

Then they quit making them altogether. :(

SoCalVal

« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2012, 02:49:24 AM »
The oldies but goodies here will remember this.

Lepage's glue in a bottle.

It never worked!  At least for us.  The rubber tip would clog up and dry.

http://www.creativepro.com/files/story_images/090904_fg7.jpg

Oh, I loved using this once upon a time (I didn't like using Elmer's because I found it messier).  I didn't realize it's no longer available.

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2012, 03:20:30 AM »
Callard and Bowser Dessert Nougat.

I was sooooo dismayed to find it had disappeared. I have googled and found several that claimed to be reasonable facsimiles but none taste the same.

I can just taste it now...

rain

« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2012, 09:50:01 PM »
a bubble bath I used to love was the scent "Saguaro Blossom and Moon Beam" - it was by Arizona Naturals
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2012, 07:04:46 AM »
There was a set of shower gel/bubble bath products called The Spanish Bath that Blanche gave me ages ago.  One was "Flores de la Noche" which she gave me because the name sounded mysterious.  It was delightful, as were the other two or three.  Unfortunately, brands in this product category don't last long anymore.