Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 58557 times)

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
^^^Yes, Slush Puppies for me too!  Haven't seen them either and Slurpees or other types of slush don't even come close in taste and goodness of the authentic Slush Puppies.  Those machines must have been made of magic. :)
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »
I posted about this before, but I wish they still make those stained glass kits where you fill the metal mold with "beads" and bake them in the oven.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2012, 01:45:49 PM »
I posted about this before, but I wish they still make those stained glass kits where you fill the metal mold with "beads" and bake them in the oven.
Google "Makit & Bakit Stained Glass Suncatcher Kits".  Looks like there are a lot of online sources.   
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »
^^^Yes, Slush Puppies for me too!  Haven't seen them either and Slurpees or other types of slush don't even come close in taste and goodness of the authentic Slush Puppies.  Those machines must have been made of magic. :)

We have a little mom-and-pop sketchy mart in my town that you can still get real-actual Slush-Puppies from.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Soprych

« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2012, 08:36:19 PM »
Uneeda biscuits.  I really need one. 

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
Dr. Bronner's Mineral bullion.  They stopped manufacturing it after he died. My aunt gave me several bottles of it when I was pregnant with my daughter and it filled some dietary need because I couldn't get enough of it.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »
13 inch black and white TV's.   I used to have one in the kitchen to watch when I was cooking. 

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2012, 06:13:11 AM »
13 inch black and white TV's.   I used to have one in the kitchen to watch when I was cooking.

Heck with that... my dream setup involves a 27" LCD HDTV, a cable box, and a computer designed around recipe database, media viewing (DVDs and the like) and casual gaming (for those times when I have ten minutes to kill but I want to be right there), utilizing the TV as a computer monitor.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2012, 01:08:35 PM »
City directories.   

They were a great record of who lived where, when they lived there and their occupations.

rain

« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2012, 08:11:08 PM »
a real phone book

- I've even tried calling to request one ... and never got it - even though they had records that it had been delivered (they found out that it hadn't)
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »
a real phone book

- I've even tried calling to request one ... and never got it - even though they had records that it had been delivered (they found out that it hadn't)

I can't get them to STOP sending them! Got another porch ornament just last week.

snowfire

« Reply #266 on: August 14, 2012, 10:36:02 PM »

I can't get them to STOP sending them! Got another porch ornament just last week.

Same here.  And I think that there are something like four companies putting out phone books.  Theoretically, the white pages are the same from book to book, but some companies have listings in one yellow pages book and not in others.  It drives me nuts.

Starr

« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2012, 12:06:35 AM »
Here, too.  I cleaned out my hall closet the other day and found four phone books, all for this year.  I think the city is single handedly killing the rain forest.  ;D

Snooks

« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:19 AM »

Heck with that... my dream setup involves a 27" LCD HDTV, a cable box, and a computer designed around recipe database, media viewing (DVDs and the like) and casual gaming (for those times when I have ten minutes to kill but I want to be right there), utilizing the TV as a computer monitor.

They had one of those in "the home of tomorrow" at Disney when I went last year.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2012, 08:59:42 AM »
Speaking of phone books, when's the last time you saw an actual phone booth?   Now if you find a rare pay phone, it's just fastened to a wall.  If it's outdoors, it's on a post.

They made great bus shelters and if you're Superman, they're a necessity. 8)