Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 50994 times)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #345 on: October 15, 2012, 11:09:30 PM »
Oops, forgot one... Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Lotion. It just disappeared one day and I have no idea what happened to it  >:(
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

BarensMom

« Reply #346 on: October 16, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »
Last year, I bought the Febreze battery-operated luminaries that used scented squares of paper.  Now I can't find the squares anywhere and I have 5 of those stupid luminaries.

Snooks

« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2012, 09:38:46 AM »
Last year, I bought the Febreze battery-operated luminaries that used scented squares of paper.  Now I can't find the squares anywhere and I have 5 of those stupid luminaries.

Amazon and a few other places come up in a Google search, might be worth stocking up on them as they aren't on Febreze's website any more!

snowdragon

« Reply #348 on: October 16, 2012, 01:54:32 PM »
the Cheerios version with dried Strawberries in it. I loved it and now I can't get it anymore :( the mixed berry one is just not the same.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #349 on: October 16, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
Pro-Stars cereal.  I remember it from when I was a kid.  It had Wayne Gretzky on the box.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

lemons

« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2012, 06:36:07 PM »
Shower soothers. They are these tablets you'd put on the floor of the shower. The water and steam would release the stuff you'd breathe in to help clear congestion. Can't find them anywhere local now.

I had never heard of these, so I went looking online, and you can also make sometime similar, if you're so inclined.

http://beingfrugalbychoice.blogspot.com/2012/03/homemade-vicks-vapor-shower-disks.html

I found that too after seeing the privateer prices on Amazon!  I think i will try that.

As recently as a year ago, CVS still carried their house brand of these.  I picked some up in Florida on vacation (with a lovely head cold - awesome).  CVS has just recently moved in to my area, so I haven't had a chance to see if they still do.

ETA - They do!  At least on their website - http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Shower-Reliever-Effervescent-Vapor-Tablets?skuId=415988  only $3.99 for a box of 3 tablets.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:39:35 PM by lemons »

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #351 on: October 18, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »
CVS is one place I haven't looked!  Thanks. 

wheeitsme

« Reply #352 on: October 18, 2012, 04:31:48 PM »
Shower soothers. They are these tablets you'd put on the floor of the shower. The water and steam would release the stuff you'd breathe in to help clear congestion. Can't find them anywhere local now.

I had never heard of these, so I went looking online, and you can also make sometime similar, if you're so inclined.

http://beingfrugalbychoice.blogspot.com/2012/03/homemade-vicks-vapor-shower-disks.html

I found that too after seeing the privateer prices on Amazon!  I think i will try that.

As recently as a year ago, CVS still carried their house brand of these.  I picked some up in Florida on vacation (with a lovely head cold - awesome).  CVS has just recently moved in to my area, so I haven't had a chance to see if they still do.

ETA - They do!  At least on their website - http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Shower-Reliever-Effervescent-Vapor-Tablets?skuId=415988  only $3.99 for a box of 3 tablets.

I found these at CVS a few months ago.

deety

• woodland pixie
  • chunga!
« Reply #353 on: October 19, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »
Someone up thread mentioned LifeSavers. When I was in Junior High School 25 years ago (gasp!) they had root beer flavored LifeSavers. They actually tasted like real root beer. I loved those!!! If anyone has seen those sold in any of those old time candy stores, or outside of the US, I might actually have to visit you.

I remember when I could get a whole roll of my favorite flavor, wild cherry Life Savers.  Maybe your root beer Life Savers are with my cherry Live Savers.  *sigh*

Along with the butter rum and butter cream (creme?) ones. 

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #354 on: October 19, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »
And Choc-o-Mint.  Those were my favorite.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #355 on: October 19, 2012, 10:46:29 AM »
I saw Wild Cherry Lifesavers at the 7-11 a couple of days ago. Also Amazon has Wild Cherry and butter rum ones. http://www.amazon.com/Lifesavers-Rolls-Wild-Cherry-rolls/dp/B000GBXIOI
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #356 on: October 19, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »
Tide Lavender and Vanilla Simple Pleasures Laundry detergent- and the matching Downy Lavender and Vanilla Simple Pleasures Fabric Softener. My laundry smelled so good. And the scent lasted in my drawers.

Tide came out with Tide Lavender Touch of Downy. Downy came out with Lavender Serenity and a Spring Lavender.

The products they have rolled out to replace the scent isn't the same- they both replaced it with a Lavender scent, but no vanilla. The vanilla made the scent so nice and warm and comforting.  :'(

Snuggle makes a wild orchid and vanilla scented fabric softener called Exhilaration that smells even better than the Downey.  It makes your laundry smell seriously good and I find that it works just as well as Downey to control static and soften clothes.

thlayly

• I love animals, singing and reading!
« Reply #357 on: November 07, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »
Tide Lavender and Vanilla Simple Pleasures Laundry detergent- and the matching Downy Lavender and Vanilla Simple Pleasures Fabric Softener. My laundry smelled so good. And the scent lasted in my drawers.

Tide came out with Tide Lavender Touch of Downy. Downy came out with Lavender Serenity and a Spring Lavender.

The products they have rolled out to replace the scent isn't the same- they both replaced it with a Lavender scent, but no vanilla. The vanilla made the scent so nice and warm and comforting.  :'(

Snuggle makes a wild orchid and vanilla scented fabric softener called Exhilaration that smells even better than the Downey.  It makes your laundry smell seriously good and I find that it works just as well as Downey to control static and soften clothes.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks!
"Zen 'ow can I if she mek me?"

carol1412

« Reply #358 on: November 08, 2012, 05:08:20 PM »
Oops, forgot one... Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Lotion. It just disappeared one day and I have no idea what happened to it  >:(

I know I'm coming in late on this one, but I see it at Target all the time. Target also makes their own version which I like just as much and costs less.

magicdomino

« Reply #359 on: November 08, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
RIP  Greenies Duck and Pea Pill Pockets for Cats. 

Koa, who is allergic to both chicken and fish among other things, loved them so much, she got duck pill pockets for treats.  The other three cats liked them as well, and of course, they were great for giving Koa her steroid pills when the itching gets too bad.  When I couldn't locate a supply of Duck and Pea pockets even on the Internet, I wrote to the company.  The answer:  despite enthusiastic fans, there simply wasn't enough nationwide demand to continue making Duck and Pea Pockets for cats.  I'm going to try the dog version, assuming it isn't discontinued as well.  I haven't tried the salmon version, but nobody particularly likes the chicken pockets.