Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 61895 times)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
RIP  Greenies Duck and Pea Pill Pockets for Cats. 

Koa, who is allergic to both chicken and fish among other things, loved them so much, she got duck pill pockets for treats.  The other three cats liked them as well, and of course, they were great for giving Koa her steroid pills when the itching gets too bad.  When I couldn't locate a supply of Duck and Pea pockets even on the Internet, I wrote to the company.  The answer:  despite enthusiastic fans, there simply wasn't enough nationwide demand to continue making Duck and Pea Pockets for cats.  I'm going to try the dog version, assuming it isn't discontinued as well.  I haven't tried the salmon version, but nobody particularly likes the chicken pockets.
Bootsie doesn't like pill pockets.  She has impaired kidneys and needs to take a small pill daily.  She doesn't like having a pill shoved down her throat.  I see her point.  I don't think I would like that either.  So I bought her pill pockets in her favorite flavor: Chicken.  'Cuz she's a chicken eatin' kitten.  ;)

I guess the pills are bitter because she spit them out.  This surprised me because I didn't think she had enough teeth left to chew.  I thought she was gumming her food and basically swallowing it whole.  I tried getting her to eat the pill pockets without pills, planning to fool her again.  Not a chance.  She won't even eat the pill pockets when I break them up into small pieces and there is clearly no pill hidden within.  I think that, if she had been introduced to the pill pockets without pills in them, they would be her favorite treat.  Now the trust is gone ...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:02:03 PM by Midnight Kitty »
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »
The pill pockets never fooled my babies.  Unless the vet says you can't do it with this particular pill, my recommendation is to crush it with a mortar and pestle, add some chicken broth, and squirt it in her mouth with a syringe or eyedropper.

Jones

« Reply #362 on: January 09, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
Excedrin users who have discovered the generic stuff doesn't work:

I am pleased to announce that Excedrin Migraine has made an appearance at my local Walgreens!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #363 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »
After discovering and falling in love with the deliciousness that is Cheetos Cheddar Jalapeno cheezies, I've discovered they are discontinued in Canada.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :'(
"After all this time?"
"Always."

alkira6

« Reply #364 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:15 PM »
After discovering and falling in love with the deliciousness that is Cheetos Cheddar Jalapeno cheezies, I've discovered they are discontinued in Canada.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :'(

Amazon - it's where I buy popcorn by the case and it's cheaper than buying it at the one store in town that carries the type I like.

BarensMom

« Reply #365 on: January 09, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »
Monopoly is eliminating one of its tokens, to be replaced by a robot, cat, guitar, diamond ring and I forget what else.  You get to vote one which to keep and which to add.

I guess I'd better run out and buy a Monopoly set. 

demarco

« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
A heating pad that doesn't turn itself off every twenty minutes.

I have chronic back pain, sometime back spasms.  The only thing that really helps is a heating pad.   If I have spasms I have to use it for hours at a time. Heating pads used to heat up and stay at the chosen temperature until you turned them off.  The only new ones I have found turn off after twenty minutes whether you want them to or not.  The only way to avoid this is to turn the pad off and back on before the twenty minutes are up.  If you forget to do this, you must get up, unplug the pad and plug it in again to restart it. 

I know this is a safety feature designed to keep people from falling asleep and getting burned but ... When one is in the throes of back spasms, one does not want to move.  If I miss the twenty minute mark and have to get up and pull the plug out, etc., it's gonna hurt

I wish could find one that wouldn't shut off.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »
^  Try Thrift stores.  Maybe they'll have an old style one.  Or try Freecycle or Craigslist.  Maybe someone out there has one they'd like to get rid of.

(((Hugs)))
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »
RIP  Greenies Duck and Pea Pill Pockets for Cats. 

Koa, who is allergic to both chicken and fish among other things, loved them so much, she got duck pill pockets for treats.  The other three cats liked them as well, and of course, they were great for giving Koa her steroid pills when the itching gets too bad.  When I couldn't locate a supply of Duck and Pea pockets even on the Internet, I wrote to the company.  The answer:  despite enthusiastic fans, there simply wasn't enough nationwide demand to continue making Duck and Pea Pockets for cats.  I'm going to try the dog version, assuming it isn't discontinued as well.  I haven't tried the salmon version, but nobody particularly likes the chicken pockets.

Our pets loved that flavor, but we weren't sorry to see it go.  The smell when you opened the bag...Maybe that's better suited to the Gross-Out section!

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »
Does anyone remember when some of the large grocery stores had little carts for kids (well, Iíll say girls only because I never saw a boy using one) could shop alongside their mother?  I remember making a list and shopping with my mom.

Funny books (thatís what we called comics)
Animal crackers
Chocolate milk

And I paid with my piggy bank money.  :)

I canít remember when those little carts disappeared.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #370 on: January 12, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »
Does anyone remember when some of the large grocery stores had little carts for kids (well, Iíll say girls only because I never saw a boy using one) could shop alongside their mother?  I remember making a list and shopping with my mom.

Funny books (thatís what we called comics)
Animal crackers
Chocolate milk

And I paid with my piggy bank money.  :)

I canít remember when those little carts disappeared.

I remember those. They had flags so people couldn't miss you.

Of course i still got rammed by someone once. She was in a hurry I guess.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

catgal

« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
Oceanus, good news! You can still get those little carts here in Australia.  I'm trying to remember which store I was run into twice by kiddies pushing those little carts while Christmas shopping last month. 
There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

Jones

« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2013, 07:54:25 PM »
One of my local stores still has those tiny carts! Too little for my daughter, but the toddler boy is starting to learn the use of them. He selects whatever he wants and makes "vroom" noises when we move. I have to sneak an amazing amount of sugary stuff out of that cart when he isn't looking, but it keeps him busy.

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2013, 08:17:38 PM »
Oceanus, good news! You can still get those little carts here in Australia.  I'm trying to remember which store I was run into twice by kiddies pushing those little carts while Christmas shopping last month.

:)  Too far away and I'm a lot bigger now!  But I recall other shoppers and the cashiers smiling.  It was also agood way to allow little kids to learn how to interact with the cashier, how to pay for their purchases , count change, etc.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #374 on: January 12, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
I hated those things. I always seemed to trip over the abandoned ones :-\
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-