Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 50858 times)

Bottlecaps

Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #450 on: March 21, 2013, 04:44:37 PM »
Island Vibe perfume from Avon. My sister gave me a bottle and I loved the stuff. It was the perfect perfume for me (I have to use lighter, fruitier scents - musky/earthy scents don't smell very good on me) and I've been looking for another bottle ever since. I know you can find it on eBay, pretty cheap at that, but I'm weary of buying it. For all I know it's from when it was originally made a few years ago and may not smell the same as a fresh bottle.

If you can't find it try Mary Kays Journey.  It's the only one I've ever found that doesn't smell funky on me, kind of a fruity/spring flower/rain kind of scent, those musky earthy scents are awful for me too.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely check this one out. :)
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos

alkira6

« Reply #451 on: March 21, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »
Two things I've been looking for intermittently for MONTHS and have yet to find? A nice (high quality case AND implements) manicure set for my purse, and a replacement for the large ceramic mixing bowl the movers broke (and I nearly cried over). The bowl was heavy ceramic, plain, thick walled (held in cold well) and had a little notch on the bottom so I could tilt it at an angle when I was scooping out cookie dough. I had to do Christmas cookies with a plain glass bowl this year and it was frustrating - I kept having to put the dough back in the fridge between batches because it was too soft sitting on the counter in the glass. I used to use that bowl only once a year, but that once a year was crucial! I can't believe the movers broke it.

Did it look something like this http://www.jamieathome.com/shop/products/Betty-Mixing-Bowl-100988NOC.html ?

Make that all cream colored and no design, and you've got it exactly! Now I wonder if they ship to the US....

THANK YOU!!! I have hope that I can replace it, at last!

make sure that you get stoneware instead of ceramic- it's heavier and retains heat/cold much longer

edit if in the US get similar ones here http://reviews.bedbathandbeyond.com/2009/BBB40422497/reviews.htm - they do have the notch on the bottom even though it's not shown in the photos.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:48:49 PM by alkira6 »

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #452 on: March 25, 2013, 10:43:53 AM »
Two things I've been looking for intermittently for MONTHS and have yet to find? A nice (high quality case AND implements) manicure set for my purse, and a replacement for the large ceramic mixing bowl the movers broke (and I nearly cried over). The bowl was heavy ceramic, plain, thick walled (held in cold well) and had a little notch on the bottom so I could tilt it at an angle when I was scooping out cookie dough. I had to do Christmas cookies with a plain glass bowl this year and it was frustrating - I kept having to put the dough back in the fridge between batches because it was too soft sitting on the counter in the glass. I used to use that bowl only once a year, but that once a year was crucial! I can't believe the movers broke it.

Did it look something like this http://www.jamieathome.com/shop/products/Betty-Mixing-Bowl-100988NOC.html ?

Make that all cream colored and no design, and you've got it exactly! Now I wonder if they ship to the US....

make sure that you get stoneware instead of ceramic- it's heavier and retains heat/cold much longer

edit if in the US get similar ones here http://reviews.bedbathandbeyond.com/2009/BBB40422497/reviews.htm - they do have the notch on the bottom even though it's not shown in the photos.

Oh my stars and garters - my DP is going to have to buy me these on payday. And it's a SET!!! So I can have a little one for eggs, and a bigger one for pancakes, and a bigger one for coleslaw, and the biggest for cookies, and do it all at once! I don't think I'll ever need to do all four things simultaneously, but if I ever do, I can!!!

Thank you all so much - this has, really, been an on-again, off again quest since July of last year, and I was about to just break down and buy a metal one, even though it wasn't at all what I wanted, because I didn't think I'd find what I do want. :-) Yet another reason why I love the e-hellions!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #453 on: March 26, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »
Plain old cotton/spandex camis without a shelf bra. I used to be able to find them at Old Navy, for next to nothing, and now they all have those stupid built in bras. I sleep in them so no need for that!  and others I've found in other stores aren't the same fabric. I also hate that soft, stretchy knit carp.  Yes, I'm picky. thankfully i still have a stash. and will hit the old navy oulet next time i head to my moms

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #454 on: March 26, 2013, 12:00:07 PM »
Try Forever 21.  They don't last long, but they do have them.

LazyDaisy

« Reply #455 on: March 26, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
Target usually has them. They last just fine, especially if you're just sleeping in them. What I don't like is when they get all lacy or wild prints. I just want a plain solid cami to wear under sheer tops or cover up a bit on a low cut blouse.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #456 on: March 26, 2013, 12:23:29 PM »
Hmm. I have gotten some at Target, but their fabric isn't always quite what I need, and Forever 21 probably won't fit me. I'm a 16 and a bit more, and quite busty. And I think their demographic is not me!  But thanks for the suggestions. i'm ust really fussy about the style, fabric, etc.

alkira6

« Reply #457 on: March 26, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
Hmm. I have gotten some at Target, but their fabric isn't always quite what I need, and Forever 21 probably won't fit me. I'm a 16 and a bit more, and quite busty. And I think their demographic is not me!  But thanks for the suggestions. i'm ust really fussy about the style, fabric, etc.

I was in Torrid a couple of weeks ago and they had some nice cotton/lycra mix camis. Or online here http://tinyurl.com/cyq6ouk

They are cotton/lycra w/no shelf bra. There is also a pretty good online code if you google.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #458 on: March 26, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »

Are you close to the border at all?  Mark's (Work Warehouse) has some nice ones that are cotton feeling with a bit of spandex.  And I'm your size, if not a bit bigger.  They are snug but that's what I like when I wear them for sleeping or under another shirt.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

cutejellybeen

« Reply #459 on: March 26, 2013, 01:32:52 PM »
I just found out my conditioner is discontinued...and has been since 2009, which is when I bought it. this would explain why I've been unable to find any. I've got really fine hair, and its kinda a once a week conditioner (or was until it was the best of my many conditioners in the shower). Redken - Blonde Glam Pure Pearl. Now I just need to try their new one and hope it works as well :(

alkira6

« Reply #460 on: March 26, 2013, 02:24:53 PM »
I just found out my conditioner is discontinued...and has been since 2009, which is when I bought it. this would explain why I've been unable to find any. I've got really fine hair, and its kinda a once a week conditioner (or was until it was the best of my many conditioners in the shower). Redken - Blonde Glam Pure Pearl. Now I just need to try their new one and hope it works as well :(

Depending on how much you want to spend: http://www.amazon.com/Redken-Blonde-Pearl-Treatment-1-7oz/dp/B0011FUPSU - this one is $14.50.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #461 on: March 26, 2013, 02:27:10 PM »

Are you close to the border at all?  Mark's (Work Warehouse) has some nice ones that are cotton feeling with a bit of spandex.  And I'm your size, if not a bit bigger.  They are snug but that's what I like when I wear them for sleeping or under another shirt.

Sadly, I'm not. But to the other poster who suggested Torrid; I will check them out. I haven't really searched in earnest as I don't NEED any, but if i happened to be in an Old Navy, which I don't really have near me, I would look.

andi

« Reply #462 on: March 26, 2013, 09:33:28 PM »
Plain old cotton/spandex camis without a shelf bra. I used to be able to find them at Old Navy, for next to nothing, and now they all have those stupid built in bras. I sleep in them so no need for that!  and others I've found in other stores aren't the same fabric. I also hate that soft, stretchy knit carp.  Yes, I'm picky. thankfully i still have a stash. and will hit the old navy oulet next time i head to my moms

I got some at Khols last year.  They usually have them year round too

My hairdresser finally confessed she can't find my shampoo or conditioner any pore because the company went out of business. I'm trying eBay but ...

wheeitsme

« Reply #463 on: March 26, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »

Oh my stars and garters - my DP is going to have to buy me these on payday. And it's a SET!!! So I can have a little one for eggs, and a bigger one for pancakes, and a bigger one for coleslaw, and the biggest for cookies, and do it all at once! I don't think I'll ever need to do all four things simultaneously, but if I ever do, I can!!!

Thank you all so much - this has, really, been an on-again, off again quest since July of last year, and I was about to just break down and buy a metal one, even though it wasn't at all what I wanted, because I didn't think I'd find what I do want. :-) Yet another reason why I love the e-hellions!

I found a picture of the other side...

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #464 on: March 27, 2013, 08:28:38 AM »

I found a picture of the other side...
Awesome! I ordered them last night - they should be here this time next week. Thanks again!