Author Topic: Stuff you can't get anymore  (Read 58700 times)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
Re: Stuff you can't get anymore
« Reply #465 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:15 AM »
The thread title needs to change.  "...oh, wait.  Yes you can!" needs to be added.
This thread is also an Amazon advertisement. 

alkira6

« Reply #466 on: March 27, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »
The thread title needs to change.  "...oh, wait.  Yes you can!" needs to be added.

And why is this a bad thing, learning that things that you missed can be found? Also, Amazon is definately not the only place mentioned - I have mentioned Bed Bath & Beyond and Torrid. Personally I would be very happy to find items that I miss are available.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #467 on: March 27, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »

And why is this a bad thing, learning that things that you missed can be found? Also, Amazon is definately not the only place mentioned - I have mentioned Bed Bath & Beyond and Torrid. Personally I would be very happy to find items that I miss are available.

Neither are a bad thing.  I find it heart-warming that people are able to find the little things that they miss. 

alkira6

« Reply #468 on: March 27, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

Neither are a bad thing.  I find it heart-warming that people are able to find the little things that they miss.

Sorry, I just read that as being kind of downing the thread because it has changed and harshing Amazon.  Just my interpretation, no harm meant.

Hijinks

• Super Hero!
    • Maitri Bath & Body
« Reply #469 on: March 27, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »
Thanks so much to everyone for resurrecting this thread!  I missed it the first time.

To those who miss B&BW fragrances that are discontinued:  I am a soapmaker, and many of the soapmaking fragrance manufacturers have successfully duplicated the B&BW fragrances.  Just reading through this thread, I went and found dupes online for:

Dancing Waters
Coconut Lime Verbena
Cucumber Melon
Ginger Spice
Sugar Plum
Jeweled Citrus
Bergamot Coriander

Now, I don't own these scents, but I've got 'em on my "to buy" list now and if you want to pm me, I can let you know when your favorite fragrance is in stock in my soap shop.  I do have a few cucumber melon already.

Or if you personally know a soapmaker, ask them if they can get you your favorite B&BW scent and make it into soap for you.  I'm happy to make anyone a log of soap (about 12 bars) for $15 or so.  Whenever someone I know makes a suggestion to me for a fragrance for soap, I usually give them a free bar in thanks after it's made.

Update:  Someone's already asked for Coconut Lime Verbena and Dancing Waters so those scents are on the way, if anyone wants a log (or just a few bars) lemme know!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:27:54 PM by Hijinks »