Author Topic: When "NO" is not enough  (Read 17583 times)

mrkitty

Re: When "NO" is not enough
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 09:10:43 PM »
Haha! I was thinking the same thing!

Huh. This board must be having an effect on me. My original inclination would have been to respond to DS in kind...with an equally hostile letter in return. But, thanks to the moral support, and (I like to think) a little personal growth on my part, I chose the high road and to just ignore rudeness beyond all rudeness and not participate.

A part of me feels like I should feel bad or mourn the relationship, but, really, I...just don't.

There really wasn't much there to begin with, I'm afraid.

She can go ahead and find someone else to sign up for her stupid mlm scheme and to browbeat over politics.

Or, she can just GROW UP. Not my job anymore, not that it has ever been.

Yay! Pass the cookies...and the rum.  >:D
Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 09:31:03 AM »
I poured you a double, rather than two.  I was a little short on mix.

In case anyone wants the recipe for my Dad's Rum Special, here it is:

He mixes everything together ahead of time in an emptied bottle so that when he goes to make the drinks, he can just pour 1-2 ounces in the glass and top with (diet) cola - whichever brand you prefer.

~ Equal quantities of white, amber and dark rum
~ 1/3 quantity cherry whisky
~ 1/6 quantity pomegranate liqueur

The pomegranate liqueur part is what has varied over the years.  At one point, there was a tropical fruit based rum he used.  He's tried it with coconut rum, too but we didn't like it.  He's used spiced rum, he's used a pomegranate whisky.  Anything that would go with rum that has some fruity or spicy connotations to it would work.  Tailor it to what you like.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

mrkitty

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
mmmmmm. That sounds delicious!

I'm going to clip and save this one...might try this one for Christmas!

;D

rain

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
... my first thought was that it was the right time for the X-mas version of a "bunny foo foo" (hollow chocolate Santa filled with Kahlua & milk/cream)

(((hugs)))  to you & tis the season for spines of steel - what a gift to give yourself
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

mrkitty

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »
Thank you, Rain. Bunny foo foo sounds like a good idea tonight.

{{Hugs}} double right back to you.

lovepickles

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
Thanks for updating. I'm sorry your sister is not what you need right now. She needs to respect some of your basic requirements as a human being in order to have a relationship with you. It is funny because most people will put up with a LOAD of personal garbage and only see harm in discussion with loved ones until it comes to the point of politics ... or in you case ... sales and politics! (ugh)

I'd encourage you to rethink some of the other more mundane conversations you've had with your sister. She seems very unhappy and judgmental.  I'd hate for some of her other boundary violations to interfere with your self-esteem.

<3

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 07:11:25 PM »
... my first thought was that it was the right time for the X-mas version of a "bunny foo foo" (hollow chocolate Santa filled with Kahlua & milk/cream)

(((hugs)))  to you & tis the season for spines of steel - what a gift to give yourself

If you have a chocolate or white chocolate snowperson - it's a "Cavorting Snowwoman" - drink two and you'll know why!!!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?