Author Topic: "You ruined my life!"--wRugrats 1216-02  (Read 9311 times)

HonorH

"You ruined my life!"--wRugrats 1216-02
« on: March 29, 2009, 04:56:49 AM »
Most adorable Rugrats story in the archive, IMHO:

Just had to tell you a quick story that happened at my friend's birthday party in which he'd planned to surprise my other friend and propose to her. And unfortunately the "Wicked Witch" of the party was my own son, "Darian". These 2 friends are my 4 year old son's godparents whom we'll call Bob and Clare.

I can honestly say that my son is normally very well behaved and we constantly receive compliments on how well mannered he is. One of his latest phases is to tell women (relatives, store clerks, his teachers) that he wants to marry them. It's typical of his age and most people laugh. Naturally, he also wanted to marry his "Aunt Clare."

Well it's Bob's birthday, his closest friends are in attendance and all has been going great. Bob gets down on one knee and asks Clare to marry him. She says yes and everyone claps and cheers. Then, the Horror happens. Darian storms up to couple, points his finger at the groom-to-be and shouts, "Uncle Bob, you ruined my life! Aunt Clare was going to marry me! I'm mad at you! You ruined my life!!!"

Needless to say, both my husband and I, horrified and embarrassed beyond belief, apologize profusely, quickly take Darian aside and get him calmed down. We'd prayed he was only joking, but no, he really was mad.

Luckily for us, the couple laughed it off and even plan on having Darian as a guest at their wedding, despite our insistence that we understood if he wasn't wanted. My husband and I are both in the wedding and her sister has volunteered to "rein him in" should he try to disturb the ceremony.

So, here's to lots of praying that my friend doesn't have her own story to tell about the kid who ruins her wedding.

I can so see one of my nephews doing that at four!  Think of the wonderful story it'll make at "Darian"'s wedding at some future date . . .
William wondered why he always disliked people who said "no offense meant." Maybe it was because they found it easier to say "no offense meant" than actually to refrain from giving offense.

--Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
Re: "You ruined my life!"--wRugrats 1216-02
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:04:18 AM »
my son was about this age when he fell in love with a friend of my sisters.  he was very upset when she got married as he was just sure she was going to wait for him.  he was really depressed when they had their first born a few years later.

thankfully he has gotten over it and has fallen in love with one of my friends.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 12:09:48 AM »
My boss was telling me that when he was a little guy, about five or so, he was in love with the teenaged girl that lived next door....she was his babysitter and a very pretty girl.
He used to sit on his front porch and holler at her dates to get away from his girlfriend. She and her husband (one of those he verbally abused) were customers of ours and she has always loved him to death.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Piyokochan

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »
D'aww. I love kids. It's unfortunate that he was really upset though, and not kidding.  :(

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:03:47 AM »
D'aww. I love kids. It's unfortunate that he was really upset though, and not kidding.  :(

Most kids that age aren't capable of that sort of humour. I'm sure when he's in his 20s he'll be amused.

look in the tunk

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »
Too cute :)

Shea

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »

Most kids that age aren't capable of that sort of humour. I'm sure when he's in his 20s he'll be amused.

No doubt his parents will tell aaaaaaaall his girlfriends that story >:D.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Miss Charlotte

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 01:15:16 AM »

This will make an adorable anecdote if Darian decides to get married. :)
"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop." Gittel Hudnick

Portugal79

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »
my cousin Charlie who was then 6 had this sweet little crush type of thing for his brothers (Toby) girlfriend called Dawn, who has to be one of the kindest women in the world. when Toby and Dawn announced they were getting married. he had such a hissy fit and cried because he thought they would no longer spend any time together. Dawn gently took him aside and explained that being married to his brother was the best thing ever as they would see each other more often. and dicided to make Charlie there ring bearer at the wedding. now charlie is in his teens and lives with Toby and Dawn after some family problems and is a fantastic uncle to there two boys.