Author Topic: Wedding Classic: Possibly Fictional Titanic Bride  (Read 98964 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Wedding Classic: Possibly Fictional Titanic Bride
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2007, 11:42:14 PM »
She wore the Jump dress and I wore a fashion I'd seen on a website of old fashions.

Now, to be nitpicky, this is just a strange turn of phrase. She wore a fashion? Not a dress, or an outfit? And one she just saw on a website? How did it get turned into actual clothes? Don't tell me the poor overworked designer sister got assigned extra duty from the saintly OP!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2007, 12:27:01 AM »
I wore a fashion I'd seen on a website of old fashions.

All of a sudden, it struck me as hilarious, because "a website of old fashions" sounds like it would be instructing amateur bartenders in how to make a good drink.

Gad, I'm punchy, I think I need to go to bed.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2007, 01:58:11 AM »
I wore a fashion I'd seen on a website of old fashions.

All of a sudden, it struck me as hilarious, because "a website of old fashions" sounds like it would be instructing amateur bartenders in how to make a good drink.

Gad, I'm punchy, I think I need to go to bed.

LOL!!!

I hadn't noticed that one till you pointed it out. It does sound funny!

(OK, maybe a little funnier than it should, but it's 2 in the morning for me ;))
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Paper Roses

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 06:44:01 PM »
Ok, here I go again. 

The narrator/MOH/Prince William's true love/whatever left out the part at the end where, right after he "swept her up in a circle and planted," he looked deeply into her eyes and began mouthing the words to "I've Had The Time Of My Life" and then everyone on the ship, from the guests to the crew to the captain to the waiters to the room stewards, broke into simultaneous, professionally choreographed song and dance.  Then he jumped off the stage and ran down to the other end of the room, and everyone gently lifted her off the stage and set her on the floor, setting her up to run to him and jump up, while he lifts her over his head, with her arms straight out to the sides and toes pointed, thereby perfectly completing the dance lift they had been working on for weeks but she had been afraid to try.

Oh, why not.  It's as likely as the rest of her story.
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2007, 07:43:01 PM »
BWAHAAHAAAHH!!

It took me a minute to get that one. I must be getting tired. But that was funny. ;D ;D ;D
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

TZ

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »
Nobody puts Prince William in a corner ;D

Amy Rose

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2007, 10:53:48 AM »
What bothered me was, if she was that greedy, why didn't she just complain about the stuff at the baby/bridal shower, and keep it anyway? She could have sold it on Ebay. Also, why is she living with Grandma? Doesn't she have a house?

The cab, I could understand if they went to a bigger city (like NY) for the shower.

Paper Roses

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2007, 11:23:23 PM »
Hey - something else just hit me about this story:  "We were married ourselves in April . . ."  April is the same month the Titanic sank.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Undertheme.  Psssshhhhhshshshsh.  Actually I was married with a Titanic undertheme too.  Also a "When Harry Met Sally" overtheme, and "Dirty Dancing" and "Sixteen Candles" sidethemes.  Oh, and a "Casablanca" pre-theme, and a "Flashdance" aftertheme. 
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2007, 01:35:19 AM »
Hey - something else just hit me about this story:  "We were married ourselves in April . . ."  April is the same month the Titanic sank.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Undertheme.  Psssshhhhhshshshsh.  Actually I was married with a Titanic undertheme too.  Also a "When Harry Met Sally" overtheme, and "Dirty Dancing" and "Sixteen Candles" sidethemes.  Oh, and a "Casablanca" pre-theme, and a "Flashdance" aftertheme. 

Yeah, "undertheme" still cracks me up. We not only have a cheesy fiction writer pulling bits from every bosom-heaving paperback ever published, but she uses alien words too.

I was married with a white undertheme.

Oh. Wait. I think I mean I was married with white underwear.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2007, 01:36:58 AM »
She wore the Jump dress and I wore a fashion I'd seen on a website of old fashions.

Now, to be nitpicky, this is just a strange turn of phrase. She wore a fashion? Not a dress, or an outfit? And one she just saw on a website? How did it get turned into actual clothes? Don't tell me the poor overworked designer sister got assigned extra duty from the saintly OP!

It's not quite so strange a turn of phrase, but kind of silly. I remember old KMart circulars in the Sunday paper advertising this week's "fashions" on sale. The clothes were never referred to as clothes or apparel. Just "fashions."

Asharah

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »
This would make a good sitcom script! Especially the part where she falls into the cake!
Asharah

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »
I swear, I think that happened in the show Dynasty
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

keelhaulrose

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2007, 08:23:52 PM »
I love this thread!!!! It's so funny!!!

Personally, I shouldn't read it though. I'm too busy trying to convince my husband we need a second wedding. I heard Hiroshima was very beautiful before... yeah. Or Rome, like around when Nero was emperor. The walls could be burning! Or how about a New Orleans style wedding...

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2007, 08:41:24 PM »
I swear, I think that happened in the show Dynasty

Yeah yeah yeah!!! Then those gunmen came in and shot the place up!
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Calbrini

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2007, 05:15:20 PM »
I dont know about anyone else bt William reminds me of a character in 'Romy and Michelles high school reunion' i forget his name but he invented something.