Author Topic: Wedding Classic: Possibly Fictional Titanic Bride  (Read 98367 times)

Paper Roses

Re: Wedding Classic: Possibly Fictional Titanic Bride
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2007, 06:49:42 PM »
I know I've said this before, but I just love the ending.  They're supposed to be all perfect and good, yet they go and send an invitation to Titanic Bride, three states away.  Isn't that a bit mean-sprited for such wonderful people?  And Grandma.  Sure.  Ok, here's the note she sent:

"Dear Princess Perfect and Prince William:

Thank you very much for sending Bridezilla an invitation to your normalish wedding with the Titanic undertheme.  Enclosed is a small gift.  However, you see, she has shamed herself into the ground and is truly expecting now without knowing who the father is.  Therefore, she declines.

Wishing you much love and years of happiness because you so richly deserve it and she doesn't,

Bridezilla's grandma (the one you don't share through your moms, who are sisters)

P.S.:  Would you like the keys to her 8,000 square-foot mini mansion?  She won't be using it, since she lives with me now."

Yuh-huh.  Totally believable.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:38:29 PM by Paper Roses »
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

Asharah

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:03:07 PM by Asharah »
Asharah

Asharah

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2007, 07:23:15 PM »
Just thought of something regarding mini-mansion. Maybe Prince William and Bridzilla parents stuck Bridzilla with any unpaid balances due on the astronomical wedding expenses and she had to see mini-mansion to pay it, or the creditors confiscated it.  ::)
Asharah

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2007, 07:24:41 PM »
Very elegantly put, Paper Roses.

Also, I agree that it's a TAD, oh, just a SHADE mean to send an invitation to your ex to the wedding you'll be having with the woman you left her for, as you prepare for a wedding and honeymoon almost identical to the one you planned with her. Even if the new woman IS Cinderella.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

sara_goldfarb

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2007, 11:34:26 PM »
Actually, I think there may be a grain of truth in this story.

I think, possibly, the writer has a cousin "Jennifer", who she doesn't like very much. Possibly "Jennifer" also became romantically involved with a man the writer would rather have become involved with her.

Everything else? Wishful thinking.

I absolutely agree. This was my exact take on this story . . .

Some poor girl, sweet and kind, intelligent and misunderstood, stands in the wings and watches as the man of her dreams marries her cousin . . . the cousin with the Breck Girl hair and the straight white teeth. Watches as the boy who smiled at her that way in Biology in the 9th grade, only 7 short years ago, watches as he marries the cousin who's so shallow and self-involved, the one the family thinks is so pretty and funny and nice . . . but the girl in the wings knows how she is! The cousin is a great big meanie! She makes fun of the girl in the shadows, with her braces and glasses and stringy hair and dumpy sweaters!

That boy will see the girl at the rehearsal dinner, see her with her unassuming brown dress, and he will look through all of his fiancee's fake blond hair and fake tan and fancy clothes, and he will remember that moment in English, in the 7th grade, when he handed the girl her test with a special wrist flick . . . and they will be reunited.

Yes.

It will be beautiful.

Just like it was in her faaaaaaaaaaaavorite movie.

No, not _Lord of the Rings_. She doesn't even have that costume anymore.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2007, 11:37:10 PM »
sara_goldfarb, thank you for sending me off to bed with a giggle.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

LJM

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2007, 09:08:29 PM »
Very elegantly put, Paper Roses.

Also, I agree that it's a TAD, oh, just a SHADE mean to send an invitation to your ex to the wedding you'll be having with the woman you left her for, as you prepare for a wedding and honeymoon almost identical to the one you planned with her. Even if the new woman IS Cinderella.

Dearest Jennifer,

My bride to be and I would like to cordially invite you to our wedding. I hope that there are no hard feelings from, when at our own wedding reception, I laughed, exclaimed my intent to get this marriage annulled, and told everyone how relieved I was, as I had only married you for the sake of the baby.

We wish to show you that we are magnanimous enough to harbor no ill will. Surely, having seen how happy she and I were walking away from your smashed wedding cake together, you will agree that we were meant to be together and wish the best for us.

We especially hope you will enjoy our celebration, as we both know you are as interested in the Titanic theme as my bride-to-be: though in our case, it is merely an undertheme. However, many of the guests who witnessed your (rather severe, I'm afraid) public humiliation at your own (annulled) wedding will be present wearing the very same clothing they bought for that event! It will give you a second chance to experience the Titanic wedding of your dreams.

I hope this invitation finds you well, and we eagerly await the courtesy of a reply.

Cordially yours,

Prince William & Cinderella.

XXXXOOOO

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2007, 11:10:48 PM »
How could anyone resist an invitation that magnanimous?   ;D

Paper Roses

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2007, 11:20:23 PM »
How could anyone resist an invitation that magnanimous?   ;D

Don't you remember?  She was three states away, had shamed herself into the ground and was truly expecting without knowing who the father was.

punkinhead

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2007, 09:52:22 PM »
Speaking of themes, I'm already married, but why should I let that stop me?  I'll throw an anniversary party with a Victorian theme.  Specifically, Jack the Ripper.  I'll get four friends of mine to dress up with me as streetwalkers and my husband can chase us around with a rubber knife.  Another friend will dress as a policeman, and chase him.  If the friend feels ambitious, he can grow out a handlebar moustache in advance for an Abberline undertheme.

Now that I have that planned out, I think I've figured out what this line means:

"William swept me up in a circle and planted one on my forehead."

William whipped out a hula hoop and threw it around her.  Why she thought this was romantic, I'll never know.

Paper Roses

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2007, 09:55:23 PM »
Now that I have that planned out, I think I've figured out what this line means:

"William swept me up in a circle and planted one on my forehead."

William whipped out a hula hoop and threw it around her.  Why she thought this was romantic, I'll never know.

Sounds good.  But what did he plant on her forehead?  I'm guessing one of those plastic arrows with a suction cup on the end.

Drunken Housewife

• still coherent
    • my blog
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »
I loved this story; I found it so over-the-top. 

I have a point to make I think has not been made before:  if our Dear Narrator were such a sweet, loving, innocent as she portrays herself, WHY ON EARTH WOULD SHE SUBJECT THIS POOR MAN TO ANOTHER "TITANIC" WEDDING, even if it were only "underthemed"?  If I were marrying a man who'd had a traumatic and insane first wedding, I would never, never ask him to hold another wedding with the family and friends wearing the same outfits purchased or made for his first disastrous wedding...
http://www.drunkenhousewife.com

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2007, 12:45:42 AM »
Because the whole story is one big overdressed sinking ship.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Ondine

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2007, 03:43:26 AM »
Well, at least we know the writer would make an all right harlequin romance novellist.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2007, 12:35:25 PM »
Well, at least we know the writer would make an all right harlequin romance novellist.

Blech! I don't think so! Harlequin does have SOME standards!! ;)
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.