Author Topic: Share Your Tattoos!  (Read 5044 times)

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
Re: Share Your Tattoos!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »
TurtleDove, I love your white tattoos.  They look so elegant.

Thank you!  They look better in real life (the colored picture was from soon after it was done and not fully healed) and make a major difference in my life - immediate calm when I look at my right wrist!  HOPE faces me, FAITH is the flip side.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »

I have 4, but this is my favorite.

ilrag

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »
I have homer simpson's birth mark on my right butt cheek.

I go weeks with out thinking about it then see it in the mirror and giggle. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
I have homer simpson's birth mark on my right butt cheek.

I go weeks with out thinking about it then see it in the mirror and giggle. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Haha!  That's awesome!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 11:35:40 PM »
I love all of these tattoos! Unfortunately, I don't have mine yet. When I do, it'll be on the side of my foot. It will be the last line of Dante's Inferno, "E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle", which translates into, "And from thence we came to gaze upon the stars."

It symbolizes a lot of things for me: life struggles I've had that I've triumphed over, my religious journey, and a class I took about the devil and the problem of evil which I really enjoyed and learned a lot from. There's some other stuff it stands for, but it's really personal and I'm not allowed to talk about it.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
cabbagegirl28, that sounds lovely and I am positive you will love it.  I love learning about what tattoos mean for people, and mine have deep meaning for me!

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »
I keep toying with the idea, but haven't been able to commit yet. If (or when) I do, it will be the Pictish horses in the logo by my name.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 01:16:35 PM »
I keep toying with the idea, but haven't been able to commit yet. If (or when) I do, it will be the Pictish horses in the logo by my name.

It is a big commitment.  I have spent countless hours asking myself if a) that's really what I want and b) if that's really where I want it.  There is no problem in waiting to be sure.  I don't have enough money to go blow on a tattoo, so I bide my time by planning.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Hillia

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »

I got this one in 2008 after my mom died.  In Japanese art, the cherry blossom symbolizes youth and beauty, but a cherry blossom falling from the branch also symbolizes a warrior fallen in battle (so sayeth a few websites; that could be total bs but I like it).  I got it on my back because it's easier to cover for office situations but shows off nicely with a sundress or other casual wear, and because I'm hoping that my back will be one of hte last places to sag as I age.  Also the back doesn't show weight gain/loss as much as some other body parts.

I also like the fact that I don't see it every day.  I'll forget it's there, and then one day catch a glimpse of it in the mirror and get to see it again as if for hte first time.

The picture was taken right after it was done, so the yellow streaks are antiseptic that the artist swabbed my back with.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Lynnv

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 07:13:29 PM »

I got this one in 2008 after my mom died.  In Japanese art, the cherry blossom symbolizes youth and beauty, but a cherry blossom falling from the branch also symbolizes a warrior fallen in battle (so sayeth a few websites; that could be total bs but I like it).  I got it on my back because it's easier to cover for office situations but shows off nicely with a sundress or other casual wear, and because I'm hoping that my back will be one of hte last places to sag as I age.  Also the back doesn't show weight gain/loss as much as some other body parts.

I also like the fact that I don't see it every day.  I'll forget it's there, and then one day catch a glimpse of it in the mirror and get to see it again as if for hte first time.

The picture was taken right after it was done, so the yellow streaks are antiseptic that the artist swabbed my back with.

That is a lovely piece!  Both strong and delicate...just wonderful.
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein