Etiquette School is in session! > "So kind of you to take an interest."

Used This at the Flea Market

(1/3) > >>

BeagleMommy:
Let me start off by saying, before I get into the story, The Beagle was never in distress.  We had given him a bowl of water 10 minutes before we encountered this woman (he is a well-travelled dog and we always carry a travel water bowl with us).

Yesterday DH and I took The Beagle to the local flea market to walk around.  My parents were also there selling items.  It was rather hot that day, but Beagle is used to warm weather and just loves to go anywhere.  There were many other people with dogs there as well.  Most people just kind of coo at the dogs and sometimes ask if they can pet them.

As we were leaving we walked past one of the stands and a woman started screeching at us "DON'T YOU HAVE ANY WATER FOR THAT POOR DOG".  Before we could answer she started again "YOU NEED TO GET HIM TO THE CONCESSIONS STAND RIGHT NOW AND GET HIM SOME WATER.  DOGS AREN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO BE HERE.  I WORK FOR LOCAL ANIMAL CHARITY YOU KNOW".

The only place dogs are not allowed at this flea market was the place she wanted us to take him - the concessions stand.  I turned and, very cooly, replied "It's nice of you to take an interest." and we walked off to our car where Beagle relaxed in the air conditioning with us as we drove home.  Thank you, Ehell!

guihong:
Excellent answer :)  But am I terrible for imagining you buying fleas for The Beagle? ;). It is a flea market, after all.

hobish:

--- Quote from: guihong on August 13, 2012, 04:53:51 PM ---Excellent answer :)  But am I terrible for imagining you buying fleas for The Beagle? ;). It is a flea market, after all.

--- End quote ---

;D If you are terrible so am I. No dogs at the flea market? What? Yes, we are both terrible  :P
"It's nice of you to take an interest" is one of my favorite EHellisms. I am glad you were able to use it.

wonderfullyanonymous:

--- Quote from: BeagleMommy on August 13, 2012, 03:09:27 PM ---
I WORK FOR LOCAL ANIMAL CHARITY YOU KNOW".

--- End quote ---

IMHO...

This means, I volunteer for all those poor abandoned animals at the animal shelter, and even though I have know clue what I am doing, I know everything there is to know about all animals, and those people who own animals don't have a clue.

hobish:

--- Quote from: wonderfullyanonymous on August 14, 2012, 09:33:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: BeagleMommy on August 13, 2012, 03:09:27 PM ---
I WORK FOR LOCAL ANIMAL CHARITY YOU KNOW".

--- End quote ---

IMHO...

This means, I volunteer for all those poor abandoned animals at the animal shelter, and even though I have know clue what I am doing, I know everything there is to know about all animals, and those people who own animals don't have a clue.

--- End quote ---

You don't really think that people who work at animal shelters have no clue what they are doing, do you? And are flat out announcing it on EHell just like that? That is how that sounds. I hope you mean just that really rude woman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version