Author Topic: A Bottle of Water on a HOT Day  (Read 1667 times)

Susiqzer

A Bottle of Water on a HOT Day
« on: August 05, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »
I'm currently training for an upcoming half marathon (WHY did I think training in the summer would be a good thing?), and headed out this morning for a 10 mile run. About halfway through, the water levels in my bottles were already dangerously low... it was incredibly humid. I started scouting for a person watering their lawn, so I could beg a refill.

I saw a nice-looking older lady watering her flowers, and asked if I could please top off my water bottles with her hose. She laughed and said "I can do better than that! Let me get a bottle for you!" and ran inside (to my protests, I swear that hose water was more than fine  with me!). She gave me a chilled bottle of water and we chatted for a few minutes. It turns out that she keeps bottles specifically for exhausted-looking walkers, joggers, and service people.

What a lovely lady!!! She saved my run (I didn't see anyone else outside with a hose in the remaining 5 miles) and kept me from getting into trouble miles from home.

I'm considering sending a nice plant... would that be weird?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: A Bottle of Water on a HOT Day
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
What a lovely lady!  I wouldn't send a plant, though.  She was happy to help, got an unexpected visit and chat as reward.

PSA:  Don't drink water out of the hose, if you have a choice.  There are a lot of plasticizers used in the manufacture and you don't really want to drink those.  But if you are desperate, a hose that has been running like hers was will have minimal levels.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 01:58:50 PM »
what a sweetie!

Jones

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »
Rather than a plant, how about a flat of water with a note?

What a sweetheart.