Author Topic: Taylor and Conor - wedding crashers?  (Read 17833 times)

MyFamily

Re: Taylor and Conor - wedding crashers?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
I wonder if this is a case of Kennedy forgetting to RSVP (he does have a lot on his plate with his mother's recent suicide), then he talked to the bride and she said 'sure, come for the ceremony and dancing, but since the tables are set, we really can't have you come to the meal'.  Meanwhile, the MOB doesn't know this and told them not to come, and when she sees them, she assumes that they are really crashing.  This way, both of their 'stories' fit.

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

Jones

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »
I wonder if the bride will tell her side when she returns from the honeymoon? Taylor's rep said the bride welcomed her warmly with thanks for attending, after all.

The E! article I referrenced in my earlier post:  http://www.eonline.com/news/340023/taylor-swift-is-no-wedding-crasher-denies-being-asked-to-leave-kennedy-family-event

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »
I don't know Taylor Swift.  I don't know a single solitary Kennedy.

Here's what I suspect happened:

1.  Conor was invited as a cousin of the bride.
2.  Conor didn't RSVP because very recently his mother died and there was a great deal of angst going on about all that and her two burial plots and so on.  And because she wasn't around to remind him that he NEEDED to RSVP.
3.  Conor calls a couple of hours before the wedding and asks if Taylor can come with him. 
4.  MOB says no.  They didn't expect him and they don't have seats (food) for them at the reception.
5.  Bride says "No, cool!  Of course you can come.  I'd love it!"
6.  Taylor and Conor attend wedding.  Go somewhere else after (while people at the reception are eating).  Return to the reception for the dancing part.

That's my version as someone who wasn't there, saw nothing, heard nothing and knows nobody, and I'm sticking to it.  LOL!   8)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 04:53:16 AM »
If it's true, then they were rude.

But I'm not impressed with the bride's mother deciding to air family laundry either.

Swift is not family so no family laundry being aired.  And the original paper says a reporter contacted the MOB.  All she did was tell the truth as she saw the events.  It very well could be that the bride said sure please come.  But how many of us would turn down our younger cousin if asked. Another family member should have pulled him aside and said they didn't think it would be a good idea,

I like Swift, one of my DDs favorite singers.  But honestly, I think her Kennedy obsession is a little freaky.  Have you seen the number of outfits she has worn lately that are almost duplicates of Jackie Os outfits?

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 10:16:16 AM »

But I'm not impressed with the bride's mother deciding to air family laundry either.

Swift is not family so no family laundry being aired.  And the original paper says a reporter contacted the MOB.  All she did was tell the truth as she saw the events.  It very well could be that the bride said sure please come.  But how many of us would turn down our younger cousin if asked. Another family member should have pulled him aside and said they didn't think it would be a good idea,

I like Swift, one of my DDs favorite singers.  But honestly, I think her Kennedy obsession is a little freaky.  Have you seen the number of outfits she has worn lately that are almost duplicates of Jackie Os outfits?

Kennedy obsession?  She's dating one of them, and she dresses like a lady - always has.  That means she's trying to copy Jackie O? 

Jackie O did not hold the patent on dressing conservatively and looking pretty in dresses.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »

Kennedy obsession?  She's dating one of them, and she dresses like a lady - always has.  That means she's trying to copy Jackie O? 

Jackie O did not hold the patent on dressing conservatively and looking pretty in dresses.

Before she started dating Kennedy she stated that Jackie and Ethel were her style role models. 

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 10:33:50 AM »

Before she started dating Kennedy she stated that Jackie and Ethel were her style role models.

They're style role models to a lot of people.

Jones

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »
This is discussed in today's Hells Bells, if anyone is interested in seeing what the admin says on the subject.

MrTango

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 10:36:58 AM »
I agree that anything the Daily Mail says is subject to severe skepticism.

Then again, if it did happen, Swift was not only rude but guilty of trespass (as she allegedly refused to leave when asked).

I don't care if it's the Queen of England, the President of the United States, or the Pope.  It's not acceptable to show up uninvited to someone's party, and I wouldn't ask twice before calling the police to have someone removed.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »

Not that there is anything wrong with it, but Ms Swift really does mimic many classic Jackie O looks - we're talking the same color and cut of several dresses that Jackie was seen and photoed in, and now Swift is wearing and being photoed in.
http://www.eonline.com/photos/5794/taylor-swift-s-jackie-o-fashions/207476

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 10:40:45 AM »
I agree that anything the Daily Mail says is subject to severe skepticism.

Then again, if it did happen, Swift was not only rude but guilty of trespass (as she allegedly refused to leave when asked).

I don't care if it's the Queen of England, the President of the United States, or the Pope.  It's not acceptable to show up uninvited to someone's party, and I wouldn't ask twice before calling the police to have someone removed.

Actually the Queen did something almost exactly the same just a few months ago!  The Queen was invited to a wedding, never RSVP'ed (or RSVP'ed no) and then just showed up at the ceremony (as did Kennedy & Swift) and left before dinner was served (like Kennedy & Swift).
The stories differ there, as the Queen didn't return for dancing, while Kennedy & Swift did, but really its quite similar.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 10:40:45 AM »

That may be true.  But that doesn't mean she's is obsessed with the Kennedy's.  LOTS of people like that style.  I find it refreshing in a young person like Taylor Swift.  I find it petty when people criticize her for it.

StuffedGrapeLeaves

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »
I agree with Ehelldame that the real "villain" might be Conor Kennedy, Taylor's boyfriend.  I seriously doubt it was Taylor who communicated with the MOB or the Bride to ask about coming to the wedding.  Most likely she just followed along with what her boyfriend said or did.

The MOB sounded like a drama queen, and although she might be in the right that Conor and Taylor didn't RSVP and therefore shouldn't have come to the wedding, she lost all of my sympathy by complaining to the press, especially when she only mentioned Taylor and not her own nephew. 

I don't know Taylor Swift.  I don't know a single solitary Kennedy.

Here's what I suspect happened:

1.  Conor was invited as a cousin of the bride.
2.  Conor didn't RSVP because very recently his mother died and there was a great deal of angst going on about all that and her two burial plots and so on.  And because she wasn't around to remind him that he NEEDED to RSVP.
3.  Conor calls a couple of hours before the wedding and asks if Taylor can come with him. 
4.  MOB says no.  They didn't expect him and they don't have seats (food) for them at the reception.
5.  Bride says "No, cool!  Of course you can come.  I'd love it!"
6.  Taylor and Conor attend wedding.  Go somewhere else after (while people at the reception are eating).  Return to the reception for the dancing part.

That's my version as someone who wasn't there, saw nothing, heard nothing and knows nobody, and I'm sticking to it.  LOL!   8)

I think this is likely, and I can totally see how Conor and his cousin (the bride) would totally think this is OK. 

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 10:51:04 AM »
Shoo, I actually agree for the most part.  I do understand though that the Kennedy's might be a bit concerned about the motives of somebody who has expressed an interest in their family beginning to date one of the younger set.  The fact that she is high profile herself just complicates it more.  I think of the Nick Cage/Lisa Marie Presley relationship as one where concern would have been justified.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 11:02:33 AM »
  Have you seen the number of outfits she has worn lately that are almost duplicates of Jackie Os outfits?

I have, and frankly, it's a stretch at best. It's more like "Jackie-O wore polkadots" and "CRUD MONKEYS! TAYLOR SWIFT WORE POLKADOTS TOO!!!" (said in one's best 14-year-old-know-it-all voice).   ::)
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou