Author Topic: Taylor and Conor - wedding crashers?  (Read 17266 times)

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
Re: Taylor and Conor - wedding crashers?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »
Swift is not family so no family laundry being aired. 

Sure, but Conor is.  I don't see fault with Taylor at all.  I think Conor should have RSVPed, but he was invited - I guess I haven't heard whether he had a plus one with the invitation.  What I do find awkward and rude is that the MOB made this wedding all about Taylor Swift.  Not Taylor, not Conor, the MOB did that. I find it immature and strange given this is the Kennedy family, which by all appearances has welcomed Taylor.  What the MOB did was 1) highlight an ettiquette faux pas by Conor, a family member; and 2) not handle the situation with grace.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »
If it's true, then they were rude.

But I'm not impressed with the bride's mother deciding to air family laundry either.

Swift is not family so no family laundry being aired.  And the original paper says a reporter contacted the MOB.  All she did was tell the truth as she saw the events.  It very well could be that the bride said sure please come.  But how many of us would turn down our younger cousin if asked. Another family member should have pulled him aside and said they didn't think it would be a good idea,

I like Swift, one of my DDs favorite singers.  But honestly, I think her Kennedy obsession is a little freaky.  Have you seen the number of outfits she has worn lately that are almost duplicates of Jackie Os outfits?

Kennedy obsession?  She's dating one of them, and she dresses like a lady - always has.  That means she's trying to copy Jackie O? 

Jackie O did not hold the patent on dressing conservatively and looking pretty in dresses.

Before she started dating Kennedy she stated that Jackie and Ethel were her style role models. 

That may be true.  But that doesn't mean she's is obsessed with the Kennedy's.  LOTS of people like that style.  I find it refreshing in a young person like Taylor Swift.  I find it petty when people criticize her for it.

Well actually, I believe she has said that she's had a long standing interest in the family.  And at least 2 of the outfits I've seen her photographed in are almost exact replicas of outfits Jackie O was photo'd in.  To me there is a big difference in using someone as a style icon versus copying their exact style.  But I'll admit I only see the outfits that sh is photographed in so maybe not all of her summer outfits have been replicas. 

And now dating a boy from the family years younger than her (and yes, I'd be even more bothered if the boy was 22 and the girl 18) and buying a home near the family just seems odd to me.  If I was the boy I'd feel like her interest in the family was what drove her interest in me. 

SiotehCat

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
  Have you seen the number of outfits she has worn lately that are almost duplicates of Jackie Os outfits?

I have, and frankly, it's a stretch at best. It's more like "Jackie-O wore polkadots" and "CRUD MONKEYS! TAYLOR SWIFT WORE POLKADOTS TOO!!!" (said in one's best 14-year-old-know-it-all voice).   ::)

That's exactly what I was thinking!

The only thing that some of those outfits have in common is the color. I think we could find a lot of people wearing outfits in red or yellow/white.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »
In the 1960's EVERYONE dressed like Jackie Kennedy!  It wasn't that we were trying to intentionally imitate her style.  It was that all the dress designers/manufacturers massed produced look alikes and that's what was available in stores.  Besides, her "style" was pretty basic and simple actually, and was flattering to a wide variety of body types. 

I have noticed that clothing styles tend to have a rotation.  They're "in" for a couple of years and then disappear, only to reappear a decade or two later. 

But this is really going too far.  Someone shows a picture of each of them wearing a black and white striped shirt and that's "copying"?  Has there ever been a time when you could walk into a store and not find a black and white striped shirt?

Minmom3

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 02:44:30 PM »
OT from the wedding behavior -

I have to say I am quite creeped out that she bought a house across from the Kennedy compound while she's dating an 18 year old who is going back to boarding school....  This to, (purely to me, I know!) smacks obsessive behavior and it totally creeps me out.  He's not a 'show business' 18yo, he's a kid who hasn't left high school yet.  I don't (obviously) have any idea if she's interested in him solely because he's a Kennedy, or what the deal is, but good gravy, she bought a home across from his grandmother's home?!  Ick...  Would she have bought THAT house if she weren't dating him?

Truly, I don't care who she sees, or sleeps with, or where she buys homes, but gah.  It really, really bugs me that he's 18, AND she bought THAT house.  I really hope all his interaction with her is all that is positive and beneficial, but I can see SO many ways this could go wrong and harm him at a time when he's got to be fragile.  Her track record with guys isn't the best.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

StuffedGrapeLeaves

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
OT from the wedding behavior -

I have to say I am quite creeped out that she bought a house across from the Kennedy compound while she's dating an 18 year old who is going back to boarding school....  This to, (purely to me, I know!) smacks obsessive behavior and it totally creeps me out.  He's not a 'show business' 18yo, he's a kid who hasn't left high school yet.  I don't (obviously) have any idea if she's interested in him solely because he's a Kennedy, or what the deal is, but good gravy, she bought a home across from his grandmother's home?!  Ick...  Would she have bought THAT house if she weren't dating him?

Truly, I don't care who she sees, or sleeps with, or where she buys homes, but gah.  It really, really bugs me that he's 18, AND she bought THAT house.  I really hope all his interaction with her is all that is positive and beneficial, but I can see SO many ways this could go wrong and harm him at a time when he's got to be fragile.  Her track record with guys isn't the best.

Although there are reports that this is untrue - that she didn't buy the house:

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120821/NEWS11/120829946/-1/NEWSMAP

http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/08/21/taylor-swift-new-house-conor-kennedy-compound-bought/

Cami

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 03:44:02 PM »
If it's true, then they were rude.

But I'm not impressed with the bride's mother deciding to air family laundry either.

Swift is not family so no family laundry being aired.  And the original paper says a reporter contacted the MOB.  All she did was tell the truth as she saw the events.  It very well could be that the bride said sure please come.  But how many of us would turn down our younger cousin if asked. Another family member should have pulled him aside and said they didn't think it would be a good idea,

I like Swift, one of my DDs favorite singers.  But honestly, I think her Kennedy obsession is a little freaky.  Have you seen the number of outfits she has worn lately that are almost duplicates of Jackie Os outfits?

But there was no need to tell the truth to a reporter. She could have simply refused to tell any story and replied, "No comment" or "Our daughter's wedding was wonderful. Thanks for asking. Buh-bye." Instead she gave an interview with details which made others look bad. What would be the point of telling such a story?

And while Taylor Swift is not family, Conor Kennedy is. So she is airing family laundry. Again -- what is the point of that?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:45:57 PM by Cami »

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »
If the MOB did not give this information to the reporters why hasn't someone reported that?

Of course, Taylor's handlers are going to say this didn't happen or that it's not true - what would you expect a good publicity agent to say...Oops she really screwed up this time?

I doubt that Taylor Swift was asked to leave a wedding and/or a reception and did not immediately do so.  She seems classier than that. 

Conor is the one that has acted poorly here and has yet to be called on the carpet for his behavior.  There is plenty of rudeness to go around in this case - for Conor, Taylor & MOB.   Showing up with no rsvp, leaving during the event and then giving an interview to a reporter detailing the situation.   

She dresses "similiar" to Jackie Kennedy - so do a lot of people with that body type/coloring/etc.  It's not like she is running around in a pink Chanel suit & pillbox hat - geez that's a pretty subjective comparison someone is throwing around.

StuffedGrapeLeaves

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 03:59:35 PM »
And now Kathie Lee Gifford has also weighed in to support the MOB:

http://www.eonline.com/news/340429/kathie-lee-gifford-calls-out-taylor-swift-insists-songbird-crashed-kennedy-nuptials

It seems to me that the MOB and Kathie Lee Gifford have successfully drawn more attention away from the bride and groom than Taylor Swift. 

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 10:52:04 AM »
  Have you seen the number of outfits she has worn lately that are almost duplicates of Jackie Os outfits?

I have, and frankly, it's a stretch at best. It's more like "Jackie-O wore polkadots" and "CRUD MONKEYS! TAYLOR SWIFT WORE POLKADOTS TOO!!!" (said in one's best 14-year-old-know-it-all voice).   ::)

This. Polkadots are in at the moment- I have a polkadot dress and have never tried to dress like JKO. It's pretty feeble.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
This is one of those times when Kathie Lee should keep her mouth closed!  Did someone ask her what happened?

And even if interviewed, Kathie Lee should take the high road and not offer any information.  All she has done at this point is intentionally attempt to embarrass Taylor & Conor.   

Unless she specifically heard MOB ask Taylor Swift to leave (twice) she doesn't know what might or might not have been said to Taylor or Conor.  And using her "journalistic integrity" she shouldn't repeat what she might have been told to her without interviewing all the parties involved.   She's been known to stick her foot in her mouth on more than one occasion.

Cami

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
This is one of those times when Kathie Lee should keep her mouth closed!  Did someone ask her what happened?

And even if interviewed, Kathie Lee should take the high road and not offer any information.  All she has done at this point is intentionally attempt to embarrass Taylor & Conor.   

Unless she specifically heard MOB ask Taylor Swift to leave (twice) she doesn't know what might or might not have been said to Taylor or Conor.  And using her "journalistic integrity" she shouldn't repeat what she might have been told to her without interviewing all the parties involved.   She's been known to stick her foot in her mouth on more than one occasion.

ONE Of the times KLG should have kept her mouth shut? KLG taking the high road? KLG having "journalistic integrity"?   >:D

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 03:14:19 PM »

It's entirely possible that someone did. Victoria Gifford Kennedy is Kathie Lee Gifford's stepdaughter; It is Victoria Gifford Kennedy's daughter that was married. I have not read all of the news reports, but it seems that Kathie Lee is simply confirming what Victoria has said: that Conor Kennedy and Taylor Swift crashed the wedding and departed after they were asked to leave twice.

While I think Victoria's reasons were quite shallow - she'll steal the spotlight from my daughter! - it really is not appropriate to wait until the last hour (literally) to RSVP for the wedding, let alone with an uninvited guest in tow.

It's also entirely possible that Kyle and Liam (the bride and groom) gave permission for  Taylor and Conor to attend. However, since Victoria was the hostess and said no to the initial request that should have been the end.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 03:24:04 PM »
In this instance i do think that the MOB was correct about Taylor possibly stealing the brides thunder because she is a  famous pop singer suddenly showing up so all eyes would be in her. If she had RSVPed in advace then the MOB and the happy couple would have had time to get the word out so that everyone would be prepared and there would be less gawking.3

I do think that Taylor and Connor were extremely rude.  Not only because of the last minute RSVP but because they were asked to leave  and chose to come back and then were asked to leave again stayed anyway.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »
Well this certainly hasn't decresead the attention Taylor got. I think if anything MOB moved the spotlight from her DD to Taylor.