Author Topic: Taylor and Conor - wedding crashers?  (Read 17387 times)

Redneck Gravy

Re: Taylor and Conor - wedding crashers?
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »
This is one of those times when Kathie Lee should keep her mouth closed!  Did someone ask her what happened?

It's entirely possible that someone did. Victoria Gifford Kennedy is Kathie Lee Gifford's stepdaughter; It is Victoria Gifford Kennedy's daughter that was married. I have not read all of the news reports, but it seems that Kathie Lee is simply confirming what Victoria has said: that Conor Kennedy and Taylor Swift crashed the wedding and departed after they were asked to leave twice.

While I think Victoria's reasons were quite shallow - she'll steal the spotlight from my daughter! - it really is not appropriate to wait until the last hour (literally) to RSVP for the wedding, let alone with an uninvited guest in tow.

It's also entirely possible that Kyle and Liam (the bride and groom) gave permission for  Taylor and Conor to attend. However, since Victoria was the hostess and said no to the initial request that should have been the end.

I am completely stunned that someone would text a request to a MIL and that she would even have time to reply one hour before the wedding!  I am giving Conor a small pass since he is young - but really, texting???

I don't believe that KLG was asked if Taylor & Conor were asked to leave the wedding - she just volunteered the information on her morning show.

But someone please correct me if I am wrong?

BeeGee01

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 08:25:10 PM »
I am certainly NOT a Kathie Lee fan, but I wonder if she offered her two cents because of what Taylor's publicist said.

When I first read that Taylor Swifts publicist denied the report of the MOB, my first thought was that Taylor Swift's publicist was not too bright to publicly call one of Conor's relatives a liar.  CAn't help but wonder how awkward it will be when Taylor and Conor attend their next function with extended family. 

I think that MOB's version was probably true, but there are so many holes in the story, that there is probably some truth in all of what both sides are saying.  I am sure that Conor did in fact text his aunt (poor etiquette at best) and she told him 'no'.  He and Taylor showed up anyway, she told them to leave, and they didn't.  I wonder if the bride even knew that her mother had the text exchange with Conor.  The bride has not publicly made any comments (probably a smart move on her part), but who is to say if she was surprised to see Conor and Taylor at the wedding/reception.  She either was excited to see them and thanked them for coming - or she was NOT happy, yet had the good manners to show graciousness and not make a scene at her own wedding.

AND - where is Conor's father in all of this.  Didn't he have any idea on what his son was doing?  It was a family wedding - and no one else in Conor's family had talked to him ahead of time about how to RSVP or should he RSVP?  When my niece got married, even though my older two children were in their 20's, I reminded them to RSVP and I discussed with them the plans and arrangements about attending the wedding well in advance. 

There is so much information missing, that I think none of us has a really good idea of what really happened!

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
AND - where is Conor's father in all of this.  Didn't he have any idea on what his son was doing?  It was a family wedding - and no one else in Conor's family had talked to him ahead of time about how to RSVP or should he RSVP?  When my niece got married, even though my older two children were in their 20's, I reminded them to RSVP and I discussed with them the plans and arrangements about attending the wedding well in advance. 

I'm betting here's what happened as far as the RSVP.  Conor being 18 and recent family tragedy etc forgets to RSVP.  His dad might or might not have reminded him, but his dad didn't keep up on it.
Conor dismissed it all and plans to attend.  Then that morning his dad notices he plans to attend and says "hey kid, did you ever actually RSVP? They might not have a seat for you!"  So Conor gets all "dang!  Shoot!" and texts his aunt.  His aunt says "no its too late we didn't plan on you, you can't come."  He decides "screw it, we'll go anyway and just ditch out during dinner"... and that's what he did.

...And that is why many people include still living at home 18 year olds on their parent's invite.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 03:05:58 PM »
I agree with PP - there is probably a broad gray area in all of this...

I can see MOB saying "no don't come we don't have a seat for you" and Conor texts the bride who says, "oh pooh, come on Conor we will make room".  Then he shows up with Taylor. 

Bride is thrilled, MOB not so much.  So Conor and Taylor leave during dinner and come back when Bride texts, "hey dinner is over, come on back we are starting the dancing".  Bride wants her cousin at her wedding (and possibly celeb), MOB wants wedding to be all about the daughter, not about celeb dating inconsiderate nephew. 

Then to make sure everyone knows that MOB is ticked, she reports the bad etiquette to newspaper.  Publicist for celeb denies it because as far as Taylor is concerned - she was invited by the BRIDE, what is publicist supposed to say??  Then KLG blurts it out on her morning news program - she is asked if she went to a wedding and in great detail tells what her step daughter tells her happened - she doesn't ask the bride, Conor or Taylor but reports what she "thinks" happened. 

And I'm with everyone else where was Conor's father and/or siblings in all of this?  Surely, someone thought to ask a teenager what his plans were or if he had responded, etc.?  And of course the bride thanked them for attending - what was she supposed to do...scold them for showing up???

Pretty much everyone in the tale had an etiquette breach... 

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 03:18:15 PM »
I keep comping back to the brain hurt of a Kennedy being concerned about being upstaged by Taylor Swift and then making sure that a Kennedy wedding becomes all about Taylor Swift.  Again, I think Taylor did nothing wrong, especially because from everything I can see the Kennedy family as a whole welcomes her in general and she spends time with them.  She did not simply show up and people said, "Weird!  Never met her before!"

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »
I keep comping back to the brain hurt of a Kennedy being concerned about being upstaged by Taylor Swift and then making sure that a Kennedy wedding becomes all about Taylor Swift.  Again, I think Taylor did nothing wrong, especially because from everything I can see the Kennedy family as a whole welcomes her in general and she spends time with them.  She did not simply show up and people said, "Weird!  Never met her before!"

POD

And I am still aggravated that Kathie Lee Gifford makes sure both Conor and Taylor are embarassed on national television about the incident. 

I can certainly believe that MOB asked Conor to leave and he takes Taylor and they leave.  Then they return after dinner, her unbeknownst that they had ever been asked to leave.  I doubt that Taylor Swift was asked to leave a second time - Conor maybe, but Taylor is just too much of a stretch for me.  I think there is a huge gray area about what really went on there.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
Yes she did do something wrong she knew she wasn't invited was asked  to leave and then she came back anyway just because they were polite to her doesn;t make it ok,

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »
How do we know she was asked to leave? 

Even Kathie Lee Gifford said "Taylor was standing in a hallway alone and Conor came out (from where we don't know) took her hand and they left." 

We assume he told her they were asked to leave - but we don't know what he did or didn't tell her.  And was that when they left the first time or the second time?

We don't know what Taylor was told...   

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »
How do we know she was asked to leave?

The mother of the bride said she asked them to leave, twice.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
...and Taylor's agent denies that this happened.

This is why I keep saying WE DON'T KNOW.   We weren't there.

Either MOB is lying, Taylor Swift is lying or her publicist is...

Even Kathie Lee Gifford says that Taylor was standing outside a door alone and Conor came out and took her hand and they left.  So obviously MOB did not ask her to leave then, if Taylor was standing outside a room ALONE. 

Kathie Lee Gifford confirms that MOB was unhappy about her attendance but no one has stepped forward to say that they heard/saw Victoria Gifford Kennedy ask Taylor Swift to leave -twice. 

MOB gives this information to a Boston newspaper and it is printed without confirmation or denial from either Conor Kennedy or Taylor Swift. 

Bottom line is MOB was rude for giving this info to a newspaper to print, deliberately to embarass Conor & Taylor.  Sounds like the duo were rude too but I can't determine that by the lack of (mis)information being reported to the public.   

CakeBeret

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »
  Have you seen the number of outfits she has worn lately that are almost duplicates of Jackie Os outfits?

I have, and frankly, it's a stretch at best. It's more like "Jackie-O wore polkadots" and "CRUD MONKEYS! TAYLOR SWIFT WORE POLKADOTS TOO!!!" (said in one's best 14-year-old-know-it-all voice).   ::)

Particularly in the link provided. Jackie wore a red strapless ballgown--Taylor Swift wore a red strapless sundress. They both wore large sunglasses and off-the-shoulder black shirts (separately). My favorite one is that they both wore black and white striped shirts. How many of us have worn a red strapless dress, large sunglasses, polka dots, and a black and white striped shirt sometime in our lives? Doesn't mean we're channeling Jackie O.

As for the wedding, I'll remain neutral. I doubt we have all the facts from either side, so all we can really do is speculate.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »
...and Taylor's agent denies that this happened.

This is why I keep saying WE DON'T KNOW.   We weren't there.

Either MOB is lying, Taylor Swift is lying or her publicist is...

Even Kathie Lee Gifford says that Taylor was standing outside a door alone and Conor came out and took her hand and they left.  So obviously MOB did not ask her to leave then, if Taylor was standing outside a room ALONE. 

Kathie Lee Gifford confirms that MOB was unhappy about her attendance but no one has stepped forward to say that they heard/saw Victoria Gifford Kennedy ask Taylor Swift to leave -twice. 

MOB gives this information to a Boston newspaper and it is printed without confirmation or denial from either Conor Kennedy or Taylor Swift. 

Bottom line is MOB was rude for giving this info to a newspaper to print, deliberately to embarrass Conor & Taylor.  Sounds like the duo were rude too but I can't determine that by the lack of (mis)information being reported to the public.

An agent's job is to make their client look good. I would not take an agent's word over the MOB. It would be like taking the word of the Daily Sun over the BBC News.

I also don't see the correlation between Taylor was standing outside a room alone and whether the MOB asked her to leave. It seems to me this might mean she asked them to leave. After the second time Taylor went outside, and then Conor joined her.

Unless Victoria Gifford Kennedy got on the microphone to request their absence, I am not sure why other guests would be aware that Taylor and Conor would be asked to leave.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »
I have to say - I am having a hard time believing a MOB who doesn't want Taylor to steal the focus from the bride and then spreads the story of how rude Taylor is far and wide. thus making it a sure thing that Taylor is the single most memorable aspect of the wedding.

immadz

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
I think in a family as high profile as the Kennedys one Taylor Swift would probably not distract from the bride. I am sure there are several influential people around there.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 08:12:42 PM »
I think in a family as high profile as the Kennedys one Taylor Swift would probably not distract from the bride. I am sure there are several influential people around there.

I think that was true up until this story was spread about.