General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Thoughts on the whole Karen Klein thing

<< < (2/9) > >>

WillyNilly:
So let me get this straight... the woman was bullied.  And then sent money cause people felt bad for her.  And now she's being bullied because she is using the money.  Yeah ok, the whole world makes sense  ::)

I think its fine that she's spreading the wealth among her family and enjoying it.  Wasn't that its purpose?  To make her life happier and more pleasant?  And I think giving any amount, but certainly $75,000, towards anti-bullying is amazing and generous of her!

Sharnita:

--- Quote from: Hmmmmm on August 23, 2012, 04:39:44 AM ---I do not believe the people who donated expected their money to go for an anti bullying foundation.  They donated to this woman.  There was no statements made that she needed the funds for food, housing or medical bills. 

So how she decides to use the funds is completely up to her.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely.

cabbagegirl28:

--- Quote from: WillyNilly on August 23, 2012, 10:32:11 AM ---So let me get this straight... the woman was bullied.  And then sent money cause people felt bad for her.  And now she's being bullied because she is using the money.  Yeah ok, the whole world makes sense  ::)

I think its fine that she's spreading the wealth among her family and enjoying it.  Wasn't that its purpose?  To make her life happier and more pleasant?  And I think giving any amount, but certainly $75,000, towards anti-bullying is amazing and generous of her!

--- End quote ---

POD all of this. Those people need to mind their own business; it's not as if she's doing something heinous/illegal with the money.

Cleargleam:
As I understand it, neither Ms. Klein nor the individual who started the fundraiser posted the video to YouTube. Not having seen the video, I can only assume it was posted as a "bearing witness" by a classmate of the bullies, rather than the bullies bragging (although bullies and criminals bragging about their misdeeds is a common occurrence). If posted as a measure of bearing witness, what is the etiquette concern? Behavior like that of the bullies needs to be witnessed to be addressed.

Yrs, it's hard on Ms. Klein to be permanently marked as having been a victim, but thugs gang up on the weak and powerless. I suspect she didn't have much in the way of authority to tell the brats to sit down and shut up.

As for the donors - they saw the amount raised. At that point, they could have chosen to not donate.

TurtleDove:
I'm curious what an anti-bullying organization would use the money for.  If it's raising awareness, I would say this woman has already done her part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version