Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

Thank You E-Hell.

(1/3) > >>

Thipu1:
SIL and two of her Grandchildren will be paying a week-long visit to MIL starting today.

Yesterday MIL phoned us with the 'wonderful' idea that we should hop the bus and come up to spend a long weekend so, 'we can all be together'. 

For many reasons, this is neither appealing nor prudent.  Frankly, given the children involved, we'd rather poke out our eyes with a spork than spend a long weekend with them. 

Thank you E-Hell for helping me grow the spine to politely tell MIL that such a visit isn't possible. 

We'll phone and talk but we will not be going.

NyaChan:
Good Work Thipu1!

hobish:

Whoot! Whoot! Three cheers! Whoot!

gramma dishes:

--- Quote from: Thipu1 on August 23, 2012, 10:52:40 AM ---...  Frankly, given the children involved, we'd rather poke out our eyes with a spork than spend a long weekend with them.  ...

--- End quote ---

That much fun, huh. 

Congratulations on your super duper steely stiff spine!  Yaaaaay!  We LOVE success stories here.   ;D

JennJenn68:
Thipu1, I didn't know that you and I had the same family.  This sounds exactly like me when I was faced with the prospect of a week-long "vacation" at a resort with the whole family plus my two nephews, one of whom should be named "Damien".  My excuse became fairly creative--"Whoops, sorry, no can do--I've got to look after the kittens so that Mehitabel (my older and Orson-Welles-like cat) doesn't eat all of their food and promptly explode!"--but oddly enough it was true.  Besides, I had to look after everyone else's houses (and cats) as well. 

Yup.  That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!

As I'm wont to say, I'd rather romance a goat than spend more than a minimum amount of time with SS nephew.  (I've posted about him before, on the Special Snowflake thread.)  Only I use another word in general to replace "romance"...

Congratulations on standing up for your sanity!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version