Author Topic: Halloween 2012, The Thread  (Read 25503 times)

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
Re: Halloween 2012, The Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/uamGM#0 I had my Flame Princess stuff all laid out, only for it too be crazy cold out. So I pulled my black and yellow striped scarf, my cloak, and my Hot Topic shirt with the black and yellow sleeves out and was the "Harry Potter Lady". Had a decent numbers of kids come by, despite the cold and the little bit of drizzle.

Had to have Simkin get a pitcher or three of water to throw on the walkway, though, some poor soul had a bit too much excitement and was sick. :(
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »
My neighbours and I, for the last few years, have sat together on lawnchairs in my garage.  We're sheltered, I don't have to worry about the cats escaping and we get to chat for a couple of hours.  I brought the pumpkin pie and whipped cream; they brought the hot chocolate and Bailey's.

We ended up with between 35 and 40 kids.  I was prepped for about 70 kids, looked at the rainy weather and decided to hand out 3 pieces instead of my normal 2.  And then almost ran out.  I have just enough left for a little care package for me on the plane tomorrow.  I might even share.

We had quite a few little wee ones.  They were very cute - a couple of lady bugs, a dinosaur, one little guy dressed as the Joker!  All of the little ones were facinated by my string of pumpkin lights.  The first little guy didn't - or couldn't - say 'Trick or Treat' but was very quick to tell us he was Iron Man.  He was pretty cute.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »
Baby Katherine actually had two Halloween outfits this year, which is just as well because she spat up on the first one.  ;D

I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

SiotehCat

« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
DS and I carved a pumpkin outside last night. We wanted to avoid ToTers knocking on the door, because our dog hates it.  We don't get very many Toters. We got some, but the majority of them were grown. Im talking 20+yrs grown. We only got a couple of small children. Only a few kids in costume. Some of them just had face paint or a cowboy hat. I was just happy to get anyone.

We had a cute little lion. It looked like he was just getting the hang of the whole "walking" thing. I told him he could get as much candy as he wanted. He pulled out a single starburst. I think it might have been his first Halloween, because his dad was following them with a giant camera.

I live in a good neighborhood, my house is just not placed very well. Only 3 houses(including mine) that face our courtyard actually participated this year. And one of them wasn't answering the door consistently. So, when kids look our way, they see a lot of dark houses. No bueno.

Addy

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2012, 01:32:07 PM »
We had a really wet night here, so only about 25 trick or treaters. The best one was two older guys (late teens, early twenties? not sure) who said they were not actually trick or treating, but asking for donations of canned goods for the food bank. They were Frodo and Sam Gamgee.

The down side this year was that I was going to bring the pumpkins inside at about 8:45 but decided to leave them for another 15 minutes. When I got outside, they had been tipped over and my battery operated candles were gone.  :'(

I also got to make a costume for the first time in years. My son was having a Pokemon themed party, so I made my daughter an Evee collar, tail and ears.

I finished the night in my usual way. Staying up way too late watching scary movies by the light of my pumpkins, eating pumpkin seeds and leftover candy.  Way, way too much candy. I seriously feel hungover this morning.  :P

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
We did a 50s theme this year. I wore my poodle skirt and saddle shoes, and the pups took turns sitting out with me. They're the biggest hit on the block. :)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:54 PM »
Three bags of candy and no trick or treaters. 
We live in a back house and never have gotten more than the grandkids, but they're all getting older and the two little ones that were going to come by didn't because is still suffering from dirt from when we pulled the floor boards and did some digging.  I asked my granddaughter not to bring them by, but to take pictures.   It's such a mess around here.  Happily, today we accomplished a lot and finished up the sweeping and mopping.  :)
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

hyzenthlay

• Super Hero!
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »
We got about 60 kids, which is a little lower then average, I think the Wednesday night keeps a lot of the older kids from bothering.

I went all out for work and entered a pumpkin in the carving contest and actually started and finished a costume project for the first time in my life!

http://imgur.com/xHbqb
http://imgur.com/wtygr

doodlemor

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
Tonight, Saturday November 3rd, is Halloween here due to the hurricane.

In the first group of children, very polite, nice costumes, a kid about 10 or so was talking on his cell phone.  That really cracked me up.  How times have changed!

HoneyBee42

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2012, 09:24:46 PM »
Well, we ended up with all three of the trick-or-treat children of mine heading out separately with various friends.  Oldest son and I stayed home with the rather disappointing turn out (again ... but then all the left over candy is mine!)

Middle son went out with a cowboy hat and a mustache (stick on).  I don't know what that was supposed to be, but he had fun.

My daughter, whose name is Katharine (and usually called "Kat" by friends) took the Dr Suess-style hat (it's felt with blue and white stripes, but otherwise just like the Cat in the Hat) went as ... Kat in the Hat.  She used makeup to make the cat face so she wouldn't have to completely explain everything all night long.

Youngest son went with a long leather coat and a black Spiderman mask as Spiderman Noir.