Author Topic: Halloween 2012, The Thread  (Read 25102 times)

Jaelle

Re: Halloween 2012, The Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »
We are on a major Phineas & Ferb kick at our house. DS2 wants to be Perry the Playtus. I am considering how to pull this off.

DS1 dislikes anything fussy or around his face for costumes. I was considering a black turtleneck and doctor coat for him and telling people he's Dr. Doofenschmirtz. :)   

DH and I don't usually do costumes, but that got us started on how DH could be Major Monogram and I could get Phineas & Ferb's mom. :D  I think my hair needs to get redder someday soon anyway ...
“She was already learning that if you ignore the rules people will, half the time, quietly rewrite them so that they don't apply to you.”
― Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 09:29:16 PM »
We are on a major Phineas & Ferb kick at our house. DS2 wants to be Perry the Playtus. I am considering how to pull this off.

DS1 dislikes anything fussy or around his face for costumes. I was considering a black turtleneck and doctor coat for him and telling people he's Dr. Doofenschmirtz. :)   

DH and I don't usually do costumes, but that got us started on how DH could be Major Monogram and I could get Phineas & Ferb's mom. :D  I think my hair needs to get redder someday soon anyway ...

I like that show, and Dr. Doofenschmirtz cracks me up.   That's not a bad costume idea, either. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

AnnaJane

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:16 PM »
DS is going to be the eleventh doctor, and I'm the Tardis!
We're going to be moving the weekend before though, so I'm not going to make ambitious party plans this year. Bummer.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »
Okay, I think it's been decided. The Babe is going to be Animal, from the Muppets.  The little guy loves to "drum" (as in banging on things with his hands) so we could just give him little drumsticks and let him go wild! :)

I haven't seen many Animal costumes that would fit a 1 year old so I may have to get creative.  I'm thinking a plain orange hoodie with a bunch of red and orange hair stuck to it, brown pants, and a red and yellow vest of sorts.  A white rope belt and a chain with plastic links (He'll probably chew on them, but I'd imagine that would add to the Animal look!)

And I love playing Dark Shadows music. :)

That is an adorable costume idea!

I'm gonna dress up to hand out candy - I think as a Hogwarts student, if the weather is cool enough for me to wear both my sweater and my graduation robes.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 02:30:09 AM »

Wal*Mart has Perry the Platypus t-shirts with just Perry's face on it in the boys' department. Also, they have Perry PJ's. Depending on how old DS2 is, PJ's or the tee might work.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

pinkflamingo

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »

The King has been G*d's gift to Women (put a big bow on him with a gift tag that says To: Women From: G*d)

Oh, that made me laugh.

My sister came up with a great one along those lines for a friend of hers. Randomly stick cotton balls on half a light blue t-shirt and carry a water pistol. You are now "Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Rain."

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 04:59:01 PM »
We're going to be moving the weekend before though, so I'm not going to make ambitious party plans this year. Bummer.

Love this!  Have you been a Tardis before?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
Okay it's decided. We're going all Muppets. :)  The baby's going to be Animal, Pirateboy1 is going to be Kermit, Pirateboy2 is going to be "Mahna Mahna", and yours truly is going to be Miss Piggy.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Jones

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
The kids and I will be Red Riding Hood characters (note...must find wolf mask and make furry leg warmers soon....end note).

However, I'm in a bit of a quandry; DH and I will also be participating in a cancer run/walk, the theme is Zombies. I think we should do a zombie couple, matchie somewhow, but nothing too elaborate because we'll be running in them. FWIW I wear huge nerd glasses and have shoulder length hair, DH is bald, and visually we both pretty much fall into the classic "White and Nerdy" classification.

Must have movie marathon and discover awesome couple we can turn into athletic zombies...Might just settle for secondhand ripped clothes and fake blood though.

faithlessone

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 06:00:52 PM »
I'll probably be at home handing out sweets, but I'll be dressed up as usual!

I'm thinking one of my goddess costumes - probably Persephone, because it's the easiest to lounge around in. Long black grecian dress with gold belt, gold cloak with butterflies and flowers printed on it, and a wreath of flowers in my hair. :D

Ooh, although it's also NaNoWriMo-Eve, so I might get the fake blood out and dress as Clytemnestra (the star of my novel!)

AnnaJane

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »

No, first time! I'm getting a blue dress and pasting on the notice, then wearing a police box headband with a headlamp on top.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »
I love the 'God's Gift to Women' idea.

If you dressed in 'Tiffany blue' with a big white bow you could be 'Man's Gift to Women'. 

o_gal

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »

I like that show, and Dr. Doofenschmirtz cracks me up.   That's not a bad costume idea, either. :)

And you have to have him go around calling everyting his "-inator!" Candy bag/sack? - His Candy Grab-inator! His parents can be the Parents-Accompanying-Me-inator! He got his costume from the Costume-inator!

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »

No, first time! I'm getting a blue dress and pasting on the notice, then wearing a police box headband with a headlamp on top.

It's such a clever idea!

CLE_Girl

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 03:20:37 PM »
I've given up on doing couples costume since DH hasn't come to the past few Halloween parties, so DH is on his own (which means no costume).  This year I think I'm going to do Black Swan.  I have a black leotard and tights and silver fashion ballet flat.  I might do a mask instead of the makeup and I trying to decide if I want to make a tutu or rent one...

But typing out this response made me think of an idea...Grunge...maybe I can get my DH to go as an early 90's grunge couple...should be easy...