Author Topic: Halloween 2012, The Thread  (Read 24606 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: Halloween 2012, The Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 03:28:21 PM »
Who all is gonna be watching scary movies? I'm gonna watch as many as I can, and also watch Scariest Movie Moments of All Time on Bravo.

I am a big wuss, and can't watch most scary movies without being a big scaredy pants!  ;D

So I watch cheesy/fun Halloween themed episodes of shows and movies of that nature. For example, pretty much every year I have to watch Hocus Pocus. At least once.

Me too.  I love scary movies, but I simply can't watch them if I want any sleep for the next... year.  And have you ever noticed how weird your pets act after you've watched a scary movie?  My cats always seem to dart around the house or stare wild-eyed into empty corners when I'm creeped out and I frantically ask them "what the heck are you looking at? What's there?!"

But I love Hocus Pocus too and watch it every year.

Me three! I am scared of scary movies too! This sounds like a great alternative however. also: Thackery Binx was awesome.

Amanita

• San Francisco I miss you!
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2012, 04:16:59 PM »

kajunchick

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 09:39:39 PM »
My little ones want to go as Sharkboy and Lavagirl (they recently saw the movie on TV). I'm thinking of using some kind of foam to make a shark fin. Does anyone have any suggestions? 
Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

MizA

• Every day is the best day ever.
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2012, 01:45:20 AM »
Close friends of ours had the most excellent Professor and Robot Chicken outfits.  She passed last year, and we're looking for folks in the community deserving of those two amazing costumes with the amazing memories attached.

We'll probably go as alien invaders.  Again.  It's easy to stick with the theme when you already have matching silver onesies to rock.  Or as broken dolls- a little more complex, since we can't speak whilst rocking that particular look.  But suuuuupercreepy.
)'( The world would rather hug you than hurt you )'(

Jaelle

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2012, 03:06:04 PM »
We are on a major Phineas & Ferb kick at our house. DS2 wants to be Perry the Playtus. I am considering how to pull this off.

DS1 dislikes anything fussy or around his face for costumes. I was considering a black turtleneck and doctor coat for him and telling people he's Dr. Doofenschmirtz. :)   

DH and I don't usually do costumes, but that got us started on how DH could be Major Monogram and I could get Phineas & Ferb's mom. :D  I think my hair needs to get redder someday soon anyway ...

I like that show, and Dr. Doofenschmirtz cracks me up.   That's not a bad costume idea, either. :)

And you have to have him go around calling everyting his "-inator!" Candy bag/sack? - His Candy Grab-inator! His parents can be the Parents-Accompanying-Me-inator! He got his costume from the Costume-inator!

Oh, I love this. :) 

DS2 already has a T-shirt with Perry's face; I don't think I could convince him that's the costume. ;)  (This is the first year he's really, really into the concept of dressing up.)  I found a photo of a Perry costume someone made with pull this off.  :P  The quest continues.

(Found a real costume, right from Walt Disney World, someone put on eBay. They're asking $129.00 for it. Yikes.)
"But there was one Elephant -- a new Elephant -- an Elephant's Child--who was full of 'satiable curtiosity, and that means he asked ever so many questions."
-- "Just So Stories," Rudyard Kipling

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »
Lately, we've been getting catalogs of costumes for children (and adults).  The catalogs are addressed to someone else but they keep showing  in our mailbox. 

I'm amazed at the prices asked for these things.  100USD for an infant costume?  They've got to be kidding!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26:57 AM »
I agree.  I also wonder what an infant gets out of Halloween, which traditionally has been for kids over 4 and now is more adult than kid.

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »
I agree.  I also wonder what an infant gets out of Halloween, which traditionally has been for kids over 4 and now is more adult than kid.

It is all about me ;D  My one year old is going on his 2nd Halloween and his second costume!  I love Halloween and am a big holiday person in general so for me it's natural to share that with the little guy.  When he was a wee thing with enormous lungs and no desire for sleep, stuffing him into an infant bear costume was a fun break from routine! It's a joyful levity  :)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »
This year is going to be the babe's first Halloween, since he was born a week too late last year.  So it's going to be great fun dolling him up! :) I even got the idea yesterday to get one red and one orange feather boa, twist them together and attach them to a hooded t-shirt or sweatshirt to look like Animal's hair.

Middle son was Harry Potter two years ago and it was really actually rather obnoxious that it cost over $20 for the costume which was ONLY the Gryffindor cloak.  Yeah, you had to buy the Gryffindor tie and glasses separately for $10 each. That's why they're getting homemade costumes this year.  Anyone know where you can find plain colored hoodies?  Like for 12M, 10 and 11years old?

I found this on Pinterest for making the Mahna Mahna costume. http://blog.frenchtoastgirl.com/2008/10/mahna-mahna-and-snowths.shtml Looks easy enough. :) And my oldest's costume should be easy too...Kermit. Green long sleeved hoodie, green sweatpants, and styrofoam ball cut in half and glued to the hood for eyes. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
Oooh thank you!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »
I just picked up both a Pink Ladies jacket and a T-Birds jacket from Petsmart! My pups are set, now to see if my poodle skirt still fits. ;)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »

It is all about me ;D  My one year old is going on his 2nd Halloween and his second costume!  I love Halloween and am a big holiday person in general so for me it's natural to share that with the little guy.  When he was a wee thing with enormous lungs and no desire for sleep, stuffing him into an infant bear costume was a fun break from routine! It's a joyful levity  :)

Years ago, adults could only participate in our local Halloween parade if they were accompanied by a child.  It wasn't unusual to see Dad dressed in full Roman Centurion gear and Mom as Marie Antoinette while baby was asleep in the stroller wearing an ordinary sleeper and painted cat whiskers.

In families with several children it was also standard practice for parents to 'lease' out an older kid to a group of trusted, childless friends for the duration of the parade. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2012, 06:54:39 AM »
Our town has an annual Mummer's Parade, usually held the last Saturday night in October.  Last year it was cancelled due to us getting a good amount of snow that day, but the year before we attended and it was awesome.  Mostly there were bands from high schools throughout the state, and floats advertising businesses, boy scouts, girl scouts, other organizations, churches, kids karate schools, Shriners.   

They also have people in costume walking along with the floats.  One kid was dressed up as one nightstand.  There were other ones as well, but that one stuck out. :)  And a dance group who performed "Thriller".  I really hope they won't have to cancel this year.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »
A friend of mine just about emptied his candy bowl one Hallowe'en when a kid came to the door dressed as a toilet.  He lifted the lid to the bowl and that's where all the candy went.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario