Author Topic: Quick FB question...  (Read 1618 times)

FlyingBaconMouse

• In my belfry...
Quick FB question...
« on: August 31, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
If I see something on a friend's page, but don't see the same update from them in my feed, could it have been hidden from me?  Or would I just never see a hidden-from-me post anywhere?

A friend of mine promised to let me know when they'd be visiting my city a few weeks ago, and while I didn't see anything in my feed, I just found a post on their page thanking people for getting together.  :(

Honestly, a discussion on some things with this person has been long overdue, and if they found the time to hide the post but not to e-mail me and tell me a visit wouldn't fit the schedule, well, that's just one more thing to address.

(And thanks in advance for what probably seems like very basic help!)
I don't kill threads, but I do seem to stun 'em pretty good. :-)

Cleargleam

Re: Quick FB question...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
How many people do you get feeds from? Some days so much information comes on that of I don't actively check my "close friends" list and check only my feed, I miss stuff. I also find there are one or two lists I subscribe to that only show me those feeds if I check that list; those feeds do not show up on my wall at all.

O'Dell

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »
Do you subscribe to *all* their updates? When you mouse-over the upper right corner of one of their posts, what option do you have checked?
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

FlyingBaconMouse

• In my belfry...
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »
Do you subscribe to *all* their updates? When you mouse-over the upper right corner of one of their posts, what option do you have checked?

Ah! Think it's solved! Thanks, everybody! I'm probably just a little keyed up about the upcoming discussion, so it seemed like insult to injury.  :) I so cannot keep up with what you can control on Facebook.
I don't kill threads, but I do seem to stun 'em pretty good. :-)

squeakers

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
Heck, for the last week or so my "most recent" posts on my newsfeed were from 2 weeks ago.  FB is so darn glitchy at times.

If it was hidden from you, you would never see it .. if FB is working correctly  :o
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin