Author Topic: Service with a Sneer (from the Main Blog) Question  (Read 22238 times)

SiotehCat

Re: Service with a Sneer (from the Main Blog) Question
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2012, 07:26:35 PM »
BB-VA.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious about the 'engagement watch'.  Could you provide pictures?

My sister and her husband are Seventh Day Adventists. In their religion, they cannot use jewelery unless it serves a purpose. So, instead of wedding rings, they have his and hers wedding watches.

BB-VA

« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »
BB-VA.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious about the 'engagement watch'.  Could you provide pictures?

My sister and her husband are Seventh Day Adventists. In their religion, they cannot use jewelery unless it serves a purpose. So, instead of wedding rings, they have his and hers wedding watches.

MIL was Mennonite.  I don't know if this was just in the local community, or throughout the church.  I do know that she did not wear a wedding ring, and my husband left it up to me if I wanted one or not.  He didn't, but I did.  I still have the same one.
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

CakeBeret

« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
I also got my DH an engagement watch. I spent about $350 on a very nice Tissot watch. DH loves it, but unfortunately it stopped working about 3 months after the warranty expired. It will cost about $300 to repair and we just can't afford that right now.  :-\
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

CuriousParty

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2012, 07:52:15 PM »
I got DH an engagement guitar. We got the level of service you'd expect from most music stores (point to relevant section if needed, get guitars down if needed, ignore poor SO standing there with eyes glazing over while everything gets tried out, repeat x every store in the area - long day).  But when we finally bought, and we explained the reason behind the purchase, well, I tell you, I was the HERO of the place. Several guys mentioned that they'd be bringing this story home to their girlfriends...

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2012, 07:53:10 PM »
I got DH an engagement guitar. We got the level of service you'd expect from most music stores (point to relevant section if needed, get guitars down if needed, ignore poor SO standing there with eyes glazing over while everything gets tried out, repeat x every store in the area - long day).  But when we finally bought, and we explained the reason behind the purchase, well, I tell you, I was the HERO of the place. Several guys mentioned that they'd be bringing this story home to their girlfriends...

That? Is awesome.  :)
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter