Author Topic: Argh.... Chain Letters via E-mail  (Read 5650 times)

LilacRosey

Re: Argh.... Chain Letters via E-mail, LilacRosey
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »
I got one once and it hurt a bit but I am very carefull about forwarding stuff now. Snopes isn't perfect though but I usually check if stuff seems fishy because I dont want to make the same mistake again

NotTheNarcissist

Re: Argh.... Chain Letters via E-mail
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »
I've never had any success with getting someone to stop sending out politispam.

I just report their email as spam and let their emails go directly to my spam folder.  I do this even if the sender is family.

Unfortunately I am getting politispam at work & I can't flag all emails from these 2 co-irkers as spam since the majority of e-mail from them is legit work.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 12:56:38 AM »
Can you create a filter?  You could set up any emails from them containing the name of a political party, candidate, or hot-button political topic to go straight to the trash.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »
I did that to my mother. Everything from her that says FW or FWD, or mentions the President's name, goes to spam.
Words mean things.

NotTheNarcissist

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
Can you create a filter?  You could set up any emails from them containing the name of a political party, candidate, or hot-button political topic to go straight to the trash.

Kudos to Slartibartfast and Hotdish. This is done. I have like 500 filters already but I think my emotions clouded my brain on this subject.

MrTango

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:33 AM »
I've never had any success with getting someone to stop sending out politispam.

I just report their email as spam and let their emails go directly to my spam folder.  I do this even if the sender is family.

Unfortunately I am getting politispam at work & I can't flag all emails from these 2 co-irkers as spam since the majority of e-mail from them is legit work.

At work?  Are they sending it from their company-owned email accounts?

The solution there is to forward those inappropriate emails to management/HR.